Sponsored by:

Finally installed my amp correctly...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 01:39 PM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Warpig
Hmm looking closer it looks like you have the amp board sitting on top of the factory trunk carpet.

Nick
Yes. It does not move and relatively easy to remove or get out of the way to access the trunk area.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:28 PM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doors: I used Kenwood KFC-T207 tweeters as they fit perfectly inside the stock tweeter pod. These came with crossovers but I did not use them as I have 3-ways from Focal.

I had the hi-fi option so I took the Nokia boxes apart, cut the back part of the box off, and ,mounted my cross-overs at the cut off point. I also had to open up the hole in the back and cut down some of the nipples that are left. The result can be seen in the picture of the passenger door. Speaker is a 6.5".

I mounted the mids right on the map pocket as seen in the step-by- step pictures. At the moment they are just hanging there but when I get some time I will build a fiberglass enclosure that will seal against the door panel to isolate the mids. Mid size is 5.25". The two nuts on the mid mounting screw are used to keep the speaker parallel to the grill and pointing slightly up.

Rear deck: Used Polk 4x6 plates. These screw right into the bottom of the factory bases from underneath using longer screws. I removed the factory speakers and kept the covers.

Since my car has a fixed rear wing and I did not need the switch, I placed my bass control for my subs at that location.

I wanted the speaker install to be totally stealth.

Now the pics...
Attached Images                

Quick Reply: Finally installed my amp correctly...