Sponsored by:

Too hot for a cross country road trip?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:19 PM
jakfrost
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JM993
I would take the northern route - much cooler than the southern route. Way better driving too. Idaho and Montana have some of the best roads and least enforcement in the country.

Enjoy.
I would second that motion...did Costa Mesa to Montreal last week in April, going north to Vegas, thru Utah, Colorado, etc...beautiful scenery and WAY less tractor trailer ( trains...) traffic. Like almost none.
Just a beautiful ride, and Utah/Colorado is spetac! Plus cooler!

Jim
Old 08-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Smile Do it!!!

If you are paranoid about the heat, add a second oil cooler from Ruf or Cargraphics.

I now trailer my car to events, but I recall, back in the day, driving from San Diego to Las Vegas in the 993. Very nice ride..so smooth...and love that cruise control...and of course, my Valentine 1 radar detector.

The usual trip preparations:
-Belts in good shape,
-Tires good
-Spare in good shape, and air compressor for the spare that works
-DME relay
-Fresh oil

Have at it!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:56 PM
aktifspeed
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By now you must be convinced to drive... If not, well just don't tell the Porsche guys here in DC that you're the one who trailered his car here from the left coast. I recently moved to DC from NYC and the Porsche crowd here is as fun-loving group of guys you will find anywhere. Remember to log onto Dorkiphus.net, "The Land of NoVA/DC/MD area Porschephiles". You'll find sort of a localized Rennlist here in DC. That forum in and of itself just speaks volumes about the Porsche guys here in DC.

Look me up when you get here and I'll show you some fun roads...

Quick Reply: Too hot for a cross country road trip?