Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Pretty funny response to request for information on eBay 993

Old 07-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

They don't have winter in Germany either.....
Old 07-20-2011, 03:44 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You've all missed the funniest part - his seller ID. thehealingartest. Needs to take a little of his own advice.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:10 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by morsini
You've all missed the funniest part - his seller ID. thehealingartest. Needs to take a little of his own advice.
The Healing Artest? As in Ron Artest? This all makes sense now.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Denise993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
They don't have winter in Germany either.....
HA!!!

I almost choked on my drink when I read this!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:49 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

A friend emailed him if the price was firm and the seller replied:

I AM FIRM ON THE PRICE.THE CAR IS
WORTH MORE $ THAN I AM ASKING.
BUT I ALSO UNDERSTAND THE UNEMPLOYMENT
FIGURES. I MYSELF AM NOT EMPLOYED AT THIS
TIME.THANKS.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:10 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

TOO FUNNY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSTS

Last edited by JPS; 07-20-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, maybe he is not all that bad...

Here is his reply from my questions:

"WHEN I BOUGHT THE PORSCHE THE GENTLEMAN
TOLD ME THE CAR HAS NOT BEEN PAINTED.HE SAID
HE USED "ZYMOL" CARNAUBA. THAT IS WHAT I HAVE
USED.YES I CAN SEND YOU PICTURES.ON EBAY THEY
ONLY ALLOWED A CERTAIN AMOUNT. SO SEND ME YOUR
EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL EMAIL THEM TO YOU.
PLEASE BE SPECIFIC OF WHAT AREAS OF THE CAR
YOU WANT TO SEE. I DO NOT WANT TO WASTE MY TIME OR YOURS.
THANK YOU.

- thehealingartist"

To which I replied:

"Thank you for the timely reply. Main areas of concern are the hood, front fascia, underside, front suspension and rear-underside of engine and transmission. (leaks) It would also help to see photos of the spare tire under the carpet, and the seat backs. Lastly, to help sell the car for the right price, people always ask for detail shots of the engine (not running) and brake calipers. (Prone to peeling)

From what I see, it will make a fine car for my wife for the time being until I put an LT1 in it."

(Bracing for impact)
Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Dplus
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

It does seem that the original response was kind of dick-ish, all caps and attitude, but we don't know what the original question was or how that was phrased. He may have responded that way for a reason.

The car looks nice from the pictures, sounds like it was pampered, and he's proud of it. Nothing wrong with that is there? Maybe he just doesn't know that much about cars in general, or internet etiquette, maybe English is not his first language, maybe he's not an "enthusiast" like most of the people here. We don't know.

My point is that the previous posts in which people are going out of their way to ask him questions just to get a response that can be goofed on is just mean. Not everyone eats, sleeps and breathes these cars, some people just like them.

When I joined this board it was because I wanted to learn and I had lurked long enough to see that there were plenty of people here that were welcoming and eager to help.

Threads like this seem elitist and perpetuate the stereotype of Porsche owners.

Darell
Old 07-20-2011, 08:43 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dplus
It does seem that the original response was kind of dick-ish, all caps and attitude, but we don't know what the original question was or how that was phrased. He may have responded that way for a reason.

The car looks nice from the pictures, sounds like it was pampered, and he's proud of it. Nothing wrong with that is there? Maybe he just doesn't know that much about cars in general, or internet etiquette, maybe English is not his first language, maybe he's not an "enthusiast" like most of the people here. We don't know.

My point is that the previous posts in which people are going out of their way to ask him questions just to get a response that can be goofed on is just mean. Not everyone eats, sleeps and breathes these cars, some people just like them.

When I joined this board it was because I wanted to learn and I had lurked long enough to see that there were plenty of people here that were welcoming and eager to help.

Threads like this seem elitist and perpetuate the stereotype of Porsche owners.

Darell
I agree. Most guys don't volunteer they're out of work unless they are. I don't see any reason to make the guy's life any more difficult than it probably already is.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:44 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Y'all are welcome to send him my picture below. And, yes, I'm the idiot who actually drives his PORSCHE both at night and in snow. All I need to do is learn to type in all caps now.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:48 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dave morris
I agree. Most guys don't volunteer they're out of work unless they are. I don't see any reason to make the guy's life any more difficult than it probably already is.
Ummm... Crome is volunteering that his life is winding down. Any amount of slime and pity-inducing BS to sell a car.

I buy a seller, not a car. If he has proven to OP to be an angry moron, which he clearly has, why would I even consider anything he's selling? Than again, why would I ever consider someone who types in caps? That shows all the respect I ever needed.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:55 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

And, oh, Darrel, one minor point. If somebody is stupid enough to believe in stereotypes and have their actions ruled by that belief... I'd rather they believe that I'm a rich elitist with direct connection to US Treasury, US Supreme Court and God Almighty. Less lip from them this way. And that's perfectly fine with me. I own a 993 and a Miata. Stereotypes galore. Do you think I care?

PS. English is by far not my first (or second, or third) language. That's not an excuse for the seller to be disrespectful to a potential buyer, period. And, oh, you've just perpetrated yet another stereotype

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pretty funny response to request for information on eBay 993