Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993 Muffler overhaul.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Spidey 993

Alex, you know you do it. Other RL members know you do too. It's your M.O. You should just man up to it.

Do you think Ed and I called each other right before he posted calling you out on your subtle jabs?

The issue is you, taking your not so subtle jabs at FD and Weiner.

Honestly, I'm not so sure who is more bat **** crazy. In between you, Quadcammer, and me wasting time reading your dribblings.

Answer: Me, I'm outta here. Let the door hit me to remind me of the misery.

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Originally Posted by Spidey 993
Then why are you constantly and so called subtly dissing their products.
Spidey, please show me the posts.

If I prefer the OEM sound of a muffler (I'll let you know after I remove my RSRs), that is hardly dissing anyone's product.

If anything, its a few sponsors on RL and one on the Pelican site that tried their best to discourage me from even thinking about making cables and the scare tactics about cable connectors or how difficult it would be to make them. Well they should let me worry about that...so far so good.

So let me ask you, if a forum member or non member was looking for a product and a sponsor piped in with a price, would that stop you from posting a source with a lower price. If so, quite the useful forum.

Last edited by Spidey 993; 04-07-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: removed a reference to sicko
Old 03-27-2012, 11:54 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
See my reference above for starters. I also have a PM reply from you, I believe, where you basically admit to your "vendetta", when I called you out on it previously.
Well, I got a bit sick and tired of the constant slamming in the DIY Beru ignition wire thread and right from almost the start. Talk about a lot of effort from a few that didn't like the idea of me talking on that project....I wonder why?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

True Ed. I guess drilling it out would have been an option after the head snapped off. Oh, that would have worked well...drilling a steel bolt out of aluminium.
The sky may fall tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:00 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Alex, you know you do it. Other RL members know you do too. It's your M.O. You should just man up to it.
Do you think Ed and I called each other right before he posted calling you out on your subtle jabs? The issue is you, taking your not so subtle jabs at FD and Weiner.
Honestly, I'm not so sure who is more bat **** crazy. In between you, Quadcammer, copy cat Sicko and me wasting time reading your dribblings.
Answer: Me, I'm outta here. Let the door hit me to remind me of the misery.
Spidey, lighten up dude ... you are approaching bat **** crazy talk
Old 03-28-2012, 12:06 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 449 Posts

dribblings
The only dribblings I read here are a certain portion of urban legends...so called facts without substantiation or measurements...warped valve covers as the cause for them leaking (but nobody knows by how much) and rear engine trays supposedly causing higher head temperatures (maybe), or engine vacuum holding a distributor in when trying to remove it for an overhaul

Yes, talk about dribblings. At times, this forum appears to be more of an advertizing venue than a forum for information exchange.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whew. I was not sure how much more I could take of that tool.

Darin- Very good talk on the phone today and look forward researching items discussed.

Anyone else interested in modified mufflers? No, I will not help you. You can see what I did. You can read my evaluation. Take it or leave it. I wanted to provide info for others who wanted to explore on their own, maybe use a great fabricator and polishing shop in Charlotte. NOT Colorado...and not anymore. If I wanted to suck up to bitchy IT women, I would open my own shop selling tupperwear laptop covers.

But I hope none of my childish banter refects poorly on Darin or Rennlist, even if venting on the same thread I started with good intentions.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:13 AM
pstraub
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

This is probably an awkward time to announce my new product, but here goes.....I am developing a "993 Home DIY Starter Kit". It should be ready in time for Father's Day. I'm still working on my pricing model.

Contents-
- 2 Tin Cans (labels removed)
- Soldering Iron with 40W bulb
- Spool of Spark Plug Wire (lightly used)
- Plastic Crimp Tool
- Polishing Compound
- How-to Video with Bonus Features (Touring the Alps and Hwy 9)

Act now and you will get a free "993 mods for dummies" keychain!!

My apologies to my good friends at FDM, this could have a substantial impact on their future sales, but since others don't care, why should I ??? I only build this kit for fun, not for profit.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

The only dribblings I read here are a certain portion of urban legends...so called facts without substantiation or measurements...warped valve covers as the cause for them leaking (but nobody knows by how much) and rear engine trays supposedly causing higher head temperatures (maybe), or engine vacuum holding a distributor in when trying to remove it for an overhaul

Yes, talk about dribblings. At times, this forum appears to be more of an advertizing venue than a forum for information exchange.
Valve covers & Bilstein shocks w/locking collars & DIY wires, oh my.

It's a jungle out there.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:22 AM
michel j
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the previous post should be edited out and this thread ended already!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:50 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Inspired by Mr. Sicko - mediocre cell phone pic of my original 1994 cat and original 1994 cans that Darin massaged a few years ago. Oh, and the original Aeroquip stainless clamps:

Andreas
The following users liked this post:
SpeedyC2 (05-28-2020)
Old 03-30-2012, 08:19 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^Speechless
Old 03-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

My eyes are burning
Old 03-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Freakin' SWEET! Any interior molestation of the cat pipe to make it a true X Pipe?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Ish993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Resident Sicko
If I wanted to suck up to bitchy IT women, I would open my own shop selling tupperwear laptop covers.
Douchbag

Refrain from personal attacks on my wife
Old 03-31-2012, 12:28 AM
Meatball964
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Andreas.....you polished this yourself ? Never thought the stock mufflers/pipes could achieve such a shine. Care to share your technique ?

Quick Reply: 993 Muffler overhaul.