Sponsored by:

993 Muffler overhaul.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 PM
TravisB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kika
But.... if someone does this, aren't they stealing your IP...which is what got us in this mess in the first place

Crap, you are right! I guess you're on your own for Plan C...just don't call it that or I may have to contact my lawyer.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:28 PM
element
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I like the Stage II vs III trial program.. there must be some extra cans floating around and would pay for shipping etc. Where do i sign up?

Re: the thread.. the access to info\DIY\discussion has changed the way business\development runs. You could start doing lots of mods for profit, develop products etc which took a lot more time\resources in the past. Most of us have taken business away from your local mechanic\dealerships. So I think this is reality and it really comes down to how you choose your suppliers and what value you place on thier expertise and service. Competition is always good and makes for better products in the long run

phil.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:36 PM
993Porsche
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

This thread has gotton WAY out of control. But I kind of like it. He, he, he

Ken
Old 03-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Ish993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It takes a lot more than one set of mufflers to even lick the shoes of FDMotorsports.

I'm in the design business, and every day there is someone dissecting our work, culling whatever they can from it and then calling themselves my competition. Fat F-ing chance.

I love my stage II's, but what I love even more is the customer service they displayed when my wife called to order parts for my ride and they treated her like gold.

FD Rocks................................... nuff said
Old 03-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Thats what I thought.
And so what? You go out of your way to pick at FDM, even subtly, like this. Unless RS counseled Darin on the design, I'd say that is apples to oranges.

Maybe time to start your polishing?
Old 03-27-2012, 10:46 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 684 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
And so what?
What about RSR mufflers. I found posts going back to 2001. So now all we have to do is find out who copied who and in the end, who cares. This is hardly intellectual property. LOL
Old 03-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

What about RSR mufflers. I found posts going back to 2001. So now all we have to do is find out who copied who and in the end, who cares. This is hardly intellectual property. LOL
The RS I referred to was Robin Sun. In light of the fact Res Sicko is referred to as RS in this thread, I should have typed Robin Sun. So, let's try it again:

Unless Robin Sun counseled Darin on the design, I'd say that is apples to oranges.

Back to your polishing....
Old 03-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Spidey 993

Mr. Alex = tries to undercut FDMotorsports any chance he can.

I knew you wouldn't be far away looking for a cracked door sniffing your way in. FYI, you're about as subtle as a bull in a china shop.

Pathetic!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:04 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Ed, I can't believe how the juvenile direction this thread has gone.

If you want to make cables, I will be more than happy to give you my info pack. I've even encourage members to make their own or get into making them for others in their area. But then, my idea of what a forum is about is different than the idea of a few others.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:05 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spidey 993
On what product? Good luck!

I don't produce anything they sell. Duhhhh!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Spidey 993

Then why are you constantly and so called subtly dissing their products.

You don't think we see that? Duhh!

It's painful to read because invokes images of you in a dark room with FD voodoo dolls and hairpins.

That's the problem with RL, they'll let any bat **** crazy in here, as long as you pay your $17 or not.

On what product? Good luck!

I don't produce anything they sell. Duhhhh!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Spidey, please show me the posts.

If I prefer the OEM sound of a muffler (I'll let you know after I remove my RSRs), that is hardly dissing anyone's product.

If anything, its a few sponsors on RL and one on the Pelican site that tried their best to discourage me from even thinking about making cables and the scare tactics about cable connectors or how difficult it would be to make them. Well they should let me worry about that...so far so good.

So let me ask you, if a forum member or non member was looking for a product and a sponsor piped in with a price, would that stop you from posting a source with a lower price. If so, quite the useful forum.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

You don't think we see that? Duhh!

It's painful to read because invokes images of you in a dark room with FD voodoo dolls and hairpins.

That's the problem with RL, they'll let any bat **** crazy in here, as long as you pay your $17 or not.
That's exactly right. Example- He pounces on any thread on Bilstein HD's where Darin or Mark comment, and has to chime in on "how bad the design is"-"OMG", you actually have to make sure the locking collars are set! He seems to hold FDM responsible, as they sell more than a few sets of them to us naive buyers.

But, as he stated as he ogled the pic of the polished mufflers-"he has time". That explains a lot to me. It would also explain why he had the time to blow 4 hours removing ONE <$1 brake deflector bolt. That still gives me tons of enjoyment.

Alex-it went juvenile as, while I was reading this, and FDM was mentioned, I was thinking to myself, Alex will post something snide here. You did mot disappoint-You were the juvenile one- you had to get a lick or two in, in your stealth mode. Don't think it isn't obvious. I'm not the only one who notices.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Spidey, please show me the posts.
See my reference above for starters. I also have a PM reply from you, I believe, where you basically admit to your "vendetta", when I called you out on it previously.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:48 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
It would also explain why he had the time to blow 4 hours removing ONE <$1 brake deflector bolt.
True Ed. I guess drilling it out would have been an option after the head snapped off. Oh, that would have worked well...drilling a steel bolt out of aluminium.

Quick Reply: 993 Muffler overhaul.