993 Forum 1995-1998

New to North ATL area - need some inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:51 AM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts
Question New to North ATL area - need some inside

I'm new to the north ATL area and try to connect to Rennlsiter, finding a good mechanic for my cars and always interested to find good roads / drives in this area for a quick rush.

So fare I got recommendations for German Car Repair www.germancarrepair.com/contact.htm as a place for servicing my cars. Does anybody have experience with them? Which other places are out in this area and can get recommended?

Also, is there a type of cars & coffee event in this area?

Thx for some inside.

Jack
Old 07-11-2011, 10:55 AM
ryano
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome! Everyone seems to love Alan and german car repair. I havent had to use him yet but I will for sure after some of the reccos from other rlisters. Caffeine and Octane just got kicked out of the Mansell location and are currently looking for a new place... but I am sure it is going to stick around the north side. You can check here for updates http://www.facebook.com/CaffeineAndOctane.

As far as drives... go up GA400 until it ends and take a drive over blood mtn. its a great drive and the closest thing around town.

Where are you moving from?
Old 07-11-2011, 11:09 AM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ryano
welcome! Everyone seems to love Alan and german car repair. I havent had to use him yet but I will for sure after some of the reccos from other rlisters. Caffeine and Octane just got kicked out of the Mansell location and are currently looking for a new place... but I am sure it is going to stick around the north side. You can check here for updates http://www.facebook.com/CaffeineAndOctane.

As far as drives... go up GA400 until it ends and take a drive over blood mtn. its a great drive and the closest thing around town.

Where are you moving from?
Thx for the quick feedback. I moved from West Chester PA where I had a stop over during the last 2 years. Before We lived n Wesfield NJ,

As for cars & coffee I'm not so much in this mega events. More like a smaller type of thing with maybe 100 people max. Does RL memebr have get togthers here in this area?

Thx Jack

Last edited by tropheus; 07-11-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:33 AM
ryano
Burning Brakes

They do from time to time... and there is a new years eve north ga run every year as well.

For small get togethers... might have to do some PCA events for that.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:39 AM
AtlJimK
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome. Good crowd around town. Several good wrenches around town, German Auto (as mentioned), Goldcrest, J3, Motorwerks Racing, Auto Atlanta, Franz Blam, just a few, many more. The 993 crowd usually runs a annual New Year's Eve Fun Run in the mtns...here's a map and a que sheet.

Map + Que Sheet

Old 07-11-2011, 11:57 AM
ryano
Burning Brakes

nice map! I would be ready for a summer run up there since the NYE was nasty.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:02 PM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

West Chester, PA. Home of Holt Motorsports. I imagine you have talked with Tim a bit. I bought my car from him.
If you ever feel like the Cherohala Pkwy or Tail of the Dragon here in western NC, shoot me a PM and we can meet up and have some fun. It will be a full day for you though from Atlanta. Same for anyone else in the Atlanta area. Feel free to contact us.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

We ought to do a summer/fall oriented adventure. The New Year's Eve run was borne of the necessity of finding a date for which everyone was free, certainly not due to any other rationale...of course, now it has attained a cachet of its own...
Old 07-12-2011, 12:21 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Hey guys, I can't contribute to the conversation since I have not lived there in over 20 years. However, I will be bringing my 993 down to ATL on the 21st through that Saturday...business/road trip combo. It would be nice to meet up in Virginia Highlands for a Taco Mac beer and wing thing...or something else that you locals think might work better.

Or maybe a new years drive in the north mts...in July!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Steen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Atlanta. I can vouch for Alan and German Auto. Haven't had anything done other than routine maintenance, but never had anything but excellent service, advice etc...

I'm also in for a summer/fall run.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:41 AM
ryano
Burning Brakes

I think that would be cool... maybe somewhere else there is more parking though. I would love to hear your stage II's in person as well as the new wheels!

Originally Posted by ABCar
Hey guys, I can't contribute to the conversation since I have not lived there in over 20 years. However, I will be bringing my 993 down to ATL on the 21st through that Saturday...business/road trip combo. It would be nice to meet up in Virginia Highlands for a Taco Mac beer and wing thing...or something else that you locals think might work better.

Or maybe a new years drive in the north mts...in July!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:05 AM
thomapa1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a look at Ringtec for service. Directly across from Audi dealership on Hwy9. I don't have a Porsche yet, but have taken my Audi to Ringtec a number of times. The owner, Paul, is fantastic - he stays highly involved and is as honest as they come - I totally trust him and his expertise. Specializes on Audi/VW/Porsche.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:28 AM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ed Burdell
We ought to do a summer/fall oriented adventure. The New Year's Eve run was borne of the necessity of finding a date for which everyone was free, certainly not due to any other rationale...of course, now it has attained a cachet of its own...
I like this idea, count me in
Old 07-12-2011, 01:18 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ryano
I think that would be cool... maybe somewhere else there is more parking though. I would love to hear your stage II's in person as well as the new wheels!
No problem...I will post here as my trip gets closer.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Oz-ATL
Instructor

Welcome to Atlanta! PCA Peachstate region gets together monthly however I've never been to one of their socials....

Quick Reply: New to North ATL area - need some inside