993 Forum 1995-1998

Alarm troubleshooting question

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 11:42 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Alarm troubleshooting question

Ever since I purchased the car, the alarm lights double-flash when the alarm is armed. I have read that this is an indication that something isn't set properly or is an indication the alarm was set off after being armed. I had assumed it was related to the aftermarket stereo installation by the previous owner. I had a new stereo system installed last weekend by a shop that knows Porsches fairly well. I asked them to make sure the ground is hooked up correctly (I remembered reading that this might be the cause in the past). When I asked about the alarm lights when I picked up the car, no surprise, installer didn't even know it was an issue and simply said, "the alarm arms." After questioning him about it he said the ground was done correctly. Not sure now if this means the problem is being caused by something else? The only electrical that has been altered (if at all) is that I have the aftermarket turbo s style ducts and lights but I thought those were plug and play. Any ideas on what's up?
Old 07-06-2011, 02:04 PM
davesnothere
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This thread has a good collection of tests/preconditions:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...rt-method.html

I would also suspect the aftermarket radio, but it's easy enough to verify the other sensors and rule them out as well.

- Dave
Old 07-06-2011, 02:48 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 276 Posts
Default Alarm Troubleshooting

I had the same symptom when I installed my radio. Cleared the double-pulse by disconnecting the green wire from the radio cage.

Quick Reply: Alarm troubleshooting question