Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After 3 1/2 Years My VCT Floor Looks GREAT

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 11:14 PM
ro9beam2002
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The trade calls it "Asphalt Tile" , Personally i would have used woven vinyl, but it is a bit more expensive.

The substrate prep is very crucial when installing VCT
Old 06-27-2011, 11:41 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Wow your floor looks amazing. How long does it stay looking like that before a rewax? I have an epoxy floor on mine. It's a little slippery when wet. I try not to park any wet vehicle inside. The DD stays outside when I drive in rain/snow.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigC
What kind of wax do you use?
I buy wax from a local shop that puts there name on it. The important thing is it contains 35% solids. The solids are where the shine comes from. Then I hit it with the high speed buffer. The buffer actually melts and polishes the wax to that high shine.

Originally Posted by ro9beam2002
The trade calls it "Asphalt Tile" , Personally i would have used woven vinyl, but it is a bit more expensive.

The substrate prep is very crucial when installing VCT
Never heard of woven vinyl. You're right on the preparation. If there are any bumps on the concrete they need to be shaved down of they stand out. I have two spots that I missed.

Originally Posted by P-daddy
Wow your floor looks amazing. How long does it stay looking like that before a re-wax?
Thanks. This was the first time since I installed it that I have stripped and re-waxed it. It should have been done a few months back. I would say that every 2 to 3 years max.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:38 AM
356Racing
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know the name of the stripper you use off hand? I bought some a few years back but it did not seem to have any effect on the old, built up, wax on my floors.

Quick Reply: After 3 1/2 Years My VCT Floor Looks GREAT