Sponsored by:

200 cell cats

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 12:11 PM
air klwd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200 cell cats

Some help here guys please wanting to go in this direction Dach or Fab......Fab is in stock, Dach is a long wait......your thoughts on either product
Old 04-05-2011, 12:25 PM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

I almost went with Fab. Visited their shop and it all looks legit and good craftsmen. I went witha custom solution as Fab did not have a bolt on solution for me.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Fly911
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Go with Fabspeed, they are quick and always service minded. And if something goes wrong, they will fix it quickly. Even if their products are equal or similar (I believe Fabspeed has better quality), the fact that you get the items shipped the same day you order means a lot, and especially if you need spare parts one day.
No affiliation...
Old 04-05-2011, 01:00 PM
targagr
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in the same boat as you and i went with Fab...product is well made...they sent me wrong connectors but they sent me the right ones right away.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

I'm going to offer another option, that is getting the DACH pipe. The reason you wait for them, is they are made to order, not mass produced. Chris does an AWESOME job on them. The quality is top notch, & he uses very good pipes, cats & flanges.

You realize Fabspeed stole his design, as they started to sell well.

As it's said "all good things are worth the wait"
Old 04-05-2011, 07:06 PM
air klwd
Instructor

any one else? info. much appreciated , I know search is my friend but it get's complicated
Old 04-05-2011, 08:10 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More info? Chris (DACH) is a great guy. I currently have Dansk 100 cells, but Chris spent some time helping me previously some something that was of no profit for him. He seems very straightforward and makes what everyone seems to agree is a great product. FS makes some very nice product, but tries to sell them to us like we drive Hondas, with somewhat dubious HP claims. IMHO.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:44 PM
cdmdriver
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the Fabspeed 200 cell Cat/Cat by-pass system. The fit and finish were great! Delivery was immediate. The sound with Fister II's is awesome.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:15 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
I'm going to offer another option, that is getting the DACH pipe. The reason you wait for them, is they are made to order, not mass produced. Chris does an AWESOME job on them. The quality is top notch, & he uses very good pipes, cats & flanges.

Thank you Sir, very kind of you.
I'm okay with people going with FS. What's the saying "plagiarizing is the highest form of flattery?"
We're not for everyone. Never have been, never will be. If Joe is finally putting out a nice piece, more power (no pun intended!) to him. If we helped better the market's product, I can say we have close to 100 sets all around the world that did that and sleep just fine

Appreciate the kudos though.......

Bart, thanks to you too brother, happy to help.

As a freebie:

you guys need not get hung up with the "cell count". What you need to concern yourselves with, is what is the honeycomb made of (ceramic or stainless) and what is the flow rate of the individual cats. Cell count matters very little from a performance aspect when you get to sport cats. Our motors only put out so many cfm's. The trick is the happy medium between to much flow and not enough filtering (100 cell cats), and enough or more than enough flow yet proper filtering as well as O2 location (200-300 cell cats). At one time, I had a line on much higher cell count "sport" cat (think it was 3 or 400 cell) that flowed what ours do, but decided you guys wouldn't buy a revised product from us and would be to hung up on the cell count number. Since we've never had issues with what we use, stayed the course. No idea what Joe uses (disclaimer)
Old 04-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Smile Me too, but....

I installed the Fabspeed 200 cell Cat/Cat by-pass system. The fit and finish were great! Delivery was immediate. The sound with Fister II's is awesome.

Same as above except I put on FD Motorsport Stage I mufflers, awesome.

Customer support from Fabspeed is great....shipped out same day I ordered. I liked the Fabspeed feature that allows me to go to Cat Bypass pipes, substituting straight pipes for the cats.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:28 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

+993 on the DACH's
Old 04-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 993inNC

Thank you Sir, very kind of you.
I'm okay with people going with FS. What's the saying "plagiarizing is the highest form of flattery?"
We're not for everyone. Never have been, never will be. If Joe is finally putting out a nice piece, more power (no pun intended!) to him. If we helped better the market's product, I can say we have close to 100 sets all around the world that did that and sleep just fine

Appreciate the kudos though.......

Bart, thanks to you too brother, happy to help.

As a freebie:

you guys need not get hung up with the "cell count". What you need to concern yourselves with, is what is the honeycomb made of (ceramic or stainless) and what is the flow rate of the individual cats. Cell count matters very little from a performance aspect when you get to sport cats. Our motors only put out so many cfm's. The trick is the happy medium between to much flow and not enough filtering (100 cell cats), and enough or more than enough flow yet proper filtering as well as O2 location (200-300 cell cats). At one time, I had a line on much higher cell count "sport" cat (think it was 3 or 400 cell) that flowed what ours do, but decided you guys wouldn't buy a revised product from us and would be to hung up on the cell count number. Since we've never had issues with what we use, stayed the course. No idea what Joe uses (disclaimer)
Your welcome, I just said what I feel is true. I am so happy with the DACH X pipe on my C4S.

I know they do in fact flow more then stock, I had to move things on my bench after installing the cats, when I started the car, it would blow stuff off my bottom shelf!

Have you thought of building a non-linked cross pipe? Like the other FB product, but not half assed.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:38 AM
993inNC
Race Car

Have you thought of building a non-linked cross pipe? Like the other FB product, but not half assed.
Why? Our pipes already give a 100 HP increase, why change a good thing
Old 04-06-2011, 09:24 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

Dach X 200 cell in Paris France.
I wanted to build my own, but I couldn't have done better.
I support rennlisters
Old 04-06-2011, 10:59 AM
HJK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

From Bangkok, Chris made me some FABolous DACHX pipes, great pipes, great fit, great sound, combined with RSR mufflers, best sounding 993 in the land of smiles. Chris may take some time but hey, the pipes are made for YOU.
Henk

Quick Reply: 200 cell cats