Sponsored by:

Need front license plate screws x_x

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Halcyon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need front license plate screws x_x

all thanks to california , especially in LA -____- I need a front license plate. I have the silver frame and the plate, but I couldn't find the screws ...

And I'm wondering how exactly does it fit on there? Because, aren't the two holes too far apart for the CA plates?

Is there a way to install the plate without the frame cuz I want to keep it low profile ( but not like inventiva( no affiliation) , no offense to those who use it as it is personal preference, but i think it makes the car look like it got buckteeth ^^; ) ?

anyone know where I can get those screws in Los Angeles near 90089?

Thanks guyz
Old 03-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Here is my install.
very simple, I just used electrical tape around the entire plate, and across the back to provide some cushioning. I drilled 2 holes in the plate so they would line up with the holes in the car. got 2 nylon inserts from the hardware store that fit the square holes in the car, I put rubber washers behind the plate and in front of the car. I sort of bent the plate to fit the curve of the lower bumper.
Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

You can get one of these, they screw into the toe hook, takes about 3min to put on & remove. Best of all, no screws in the bumper.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:10 AM
Halcyon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kika I really like your way. Now I just have to find a safe hardware store around LA to find that nylon insert thing. And borrow a drill from someone.
any tips on how to bend it?

stealth993, as clean as that look, I rather keep my car relatively symmetrical IMO ^^;
Old 03-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Mike (Stealth) that is a really cool solution. We don't need front plates here but if we did I would seriously look into that. (Wonder if theft is an issue?)

I believe Invectiva (sp ?) also does something for the 993's. Hopefully LTC will chime in with info on it.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Halcyon
kika I really like your way. Now I just have to find a safe hardware store around LA to find that nylon insert thing. And borrow a drill from someone.
any tips on how to bend it?

stealth993, as clean as that look, I rather keep my car relatively symmetrical IMO ^^;
Any Pep Boys, Auto Zone or Kragen will carry the nylon inserts. If you don't have a drill, I suggest getting a dremel, it is well worth the expense, I use mine all the time. I bent mine by laying it on a step and pushing down on the over hanging part. It doesn't need much of a curve and the plate is easily bent. If you bend it too far, just lay it on the driveway and push it back down a bit.

If/when I remove the plate (and for years I didn't have one on) I just left the nylon inserts in the little square holes. I painted them black so they sort of served as plugs, but with a small hole in them. since CA seems to have cracked down on the front plate thing, I just leave it on now.

Quick Reply: Need front license plate screws x_x