Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad experience with ddm tuning ( just want to share with u guys)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:39 PM
al993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad experience with ddm tuning ( just want to share with u guys)

Buyers beware! I just want to let everybody know how badly and unfair that I got treated by the customer service at DDM Tuning to their return customer. After I placed an order with my credit card on line, on a few items for my BMW last friday morning, I realize that I made a mistake on the light bulb color, it should be 6000k not 5000k. Well, I have to wait till Monday to resolve it because their office only open between Monday to Friday. Due to my busy schedule on Monday morning, I have had one of my best friend called them instead to revise a light bulb from 5000k to 6000k. They put him on hold for 30 minutes, and then tell him there is something wrong with the order. They could not identify where the problem is, according to them many things can go wrong. But they will refund the order and ask him to tell me to a place a new order again. So last night I tried to place the order again. As I was checking out, I noticed the price on one of the item had increased by 20%. So I decided to call them on Tuesday afternoon and again they put me on hold for 40 minutes and at the end I explain to them what was the problem and only thing they say was “THE PRICE WENT UP. DO YOU WANT TO PLACE AN ORDER? I HAVE 10 OTHER PEOPLE WAITING ON LINE…………” I just hung up. First of all, did I do anything wrong? If they decided to raise the price on Monday go ahead. But I placed my order last friday. Ha, Jim Powell. I just want to know is that the new way to run your business?
Old 03-22-2011, 11:52 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I had the same issues getting hold of a live person to discuss a problem with a bad HID bulb. I was told to pack them both up and send them back. To their credit they sent new replacements without receiving the returns first.

I don't think you can hold them to a price you had the week before, especially when the original problem was your fault and not their's. They seem like a high volume, low margin operation (hence the long wait) and probably have increasing costs due to fuel prices. 20% on top of their really great prices is not a big deal IMO. My HID's have been running like champs for the past 8 months. No flicker and reliable startups every time. Whats really impt is that the products work......
Old 03-23-2011, 12:16 AM
al993
Intermediate

maybe i wasn't too clear, i put in the order on friday which is 4 days ago, and i did pay for my order at that moment, and they send me a email on monday to cancel my order. it's not about the 20%, it's just about the way they treat their returning customer.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:07 PM
michel j
Instructor

I used these folk and was very satisfied.

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/c...id=p4340.l2559
Old 03-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to dealing with folks in Southern California! Apparently people here just don't give a damn and treat people like crap. It's an epidemic that is sweeping So. Cal and has been for some time. When did we forget our manners? Keeping someone on hold for 10, 15 or 20 minutes is RIDICULOUS! Come on people! I live in Los Angeles - grew up here - and even I don't understand why we treat each other so poorly. Its the very people that complain about the economy being in the toilet that continue to give horrible customer service and expect to be able to do so and get bailed out.

People in So. Cal are just different, why just yesterday, I pulled into traffic only to have a guy who was speeding down the street come at me and give me the finger - I wasn't doing anything wrong, I was not blocking traffic, just making my way into a lane at the appropriate speed. He happened to come up on me at nearly twice the speed and deliver me his nice little finger message. Really? Come on now. We as a society will never learn to progress if we can't all pull together and treat each other with some decency.

9/11 was a horrible tragedy...we all agree. But there was some good that came out of it...the days following 9/11 were some of the most nostalgic times this country has experienced since the 50's I would imagine. People were NICER for a week or so before turning back into their crabby, aloof, rude selves. They smiled a little more, they were polite a little more and most importantly, we banded together in sympathy and strength. What happened to that? A week or so later, things were back to normal.

Maybe it's just because I returned from a trip to Austin, TX. I was there for SXSW and I gotta tell y'all - People there were NICE! And POLITE! And HELPFUL! Wow...what a difference a town makes. Seriously, from the folks at security at the airport to people working in restaurants to normal people on the street smiling or saying hello - it was amazing...at least to me. And it's not a 1 time deal - every time I travel to the South, folks are just plain nice!

But enough of that...if you really want to show how you feel, sites like YELP will allow to you express your frustrations and experiences and either praise or illustrate their good or bad customer service and products. If more vendors and shops begin to realize that people have a forum to rate them, then maybe, just maybe they'll be a little more helpful and not say things like: "The price went up, do you want to place an order? I have 10 other people on the line"

Just my 2 cents.

Damien Lewis
Old 03-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Akerlie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have got some bad experiances with them as well, got put on hold for 30 minutes for a mistake they made with my order.

Will not recomend them or use them again.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:34 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

y'all

It's ya'll.....
Old 03-24-2011, 06:01 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
y'all

It's ya'll.....
No. You All. Y'all.

<---- From Alabama
Old 03-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Freaky. To the best of my knowledge I've never ordered from these folks but I just got an email from them a few min. ago confirming an order?????

Going to keep a close eye on my credit card accounts......

Wonder what I'm going to get (free)?

No-reply@ddmtuning.com

Dear xxxxx zzzzzz,

Thank you for shopping at Shipping Dept.

Your order no. SO106557 has been fulfilled.

Order Summary:

Item
Qty
Brief Description
Rate
Amount
DDM55W.H13.6000K 1 DDM HID Kit, 55W, H13, 6000K $50.00 $50.00
DDM35W.9006.6000K 1 DDM HID Kit, 35W, 9006, 6000K $40.00 $40.00
3157-21x3028LED-A 2 3157, 9 Forward facing LED, 12 side mounted LED, Amber $6.50 $13.00
39mmFestoon6x5050LED-W 4 39mm x 16mm Festoon LED Bulb, 6 x 5050 LED - White $4.45 $17.80
Total $120.80

Shipping Dept
Old 03-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Boy, these guys are seriously screwed up. Just tried calling the phone number on their web site, automated answer voice gives you the option of 1 for sales support or 2 for tech support but ether option routes you through another auto voice response that says that's an invalid number and sends you back to the first auto voice.

Well, I tried.

Quick Reply: Bad experience with ddm tuning ( just want to share with u guys)