Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting 'msroadrace' Ebay listing...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:13 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
I did it Monday evening. Boy is this thread getting ugly.

I am not saying that Road and Race screwed over a Rennlister, I am no judge and Jury. However as a general practice, I'd suggest to sellers, don't screw over a Rennlister, they have friends all over the world, and lots of us are very vocal. As once was once said, Pay back is a Bitch!
Martin,
As I stated in post #4, I'll gladly contact Dave if it turns out that my initial comment to him was without merit.

I started this thread because I was taken aback by his response to me.

As I said, he of all Ebay sellers, should know that these calipers are not what they're said to be...

Andreas
Old 03-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just don't understand it when vendors can't accept that they made a mistake. So many companies and vendors strive for perfection, but dude, just accept it--EVERYONE makes mistakes. We are all people here; it is not worth lying to a customer to make a few extra bucks. It will come back to bite you; and furthermore, why would you want to screw someone else over for a small personal gain?

There is no room for egos in a retail business, especially when your customers control your bottom line. Had he handled this situation differently, he may have gained a small chunk of new customers that would completely offset the minimal financial gain from selling these calipers as "new" instead of as "used, good condition."

I guess what I'm saying is this: It astounds me how many companies are oblivious to what "customer service" truly means. It isn't treating a repeat customer well and being rude to a potential customer. It isn't being a "great dude" in person and an a-hole through emails. Customer service and marketing pervade every aspect of a retail business. If you have a retail business--or any business for that matter--and don't realize that, you are hurting yourself.

Off my soapbox now...
Old 03-23-2011, 12:04 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Benton
I just don't understand it when vendors can't accept that they made a mistake. So many companies and vendors strive for perfection, but dude, just accept it--EVERYONE makes mistakes. We are all people here; it is not worth lying to a customer to make a few extra bucks. It will come back to bite you; and furthermore, why would you want to screw someone else over for a small personal gain?

There is no room for egos in a retail business, especially when your customers control your bottom line. Had he handled this situation differently, he may have gained a small chunk of new customers that would completely offset the minimal financial gain from selling these calipers as "new" instead of as "used, good condition."

I guess what I'm saying is this: It astounds me how many companies are oblivious to what "customer service" truly means.

Off my soapbox now...
Well said.

His response to me is very telling. Telling in that he's trying to pass these off as 'new', when clearly they're not. Pretty sad.

Andreas
Old 03-25-2011, 07:03 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, here's a factory new red circa 2004 that came from TRG's backroom stash. (Andreas has the other one that I picked up at a swap meet from a guy who gave it a go trying to adapt one to a Civic.)
Attached Images  
Old 03-09-2012, 12:21 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by RDS928S
These guys charge the maxium for all used or NOS P-car parts.
Not only them but many eBay sellers (mostly businesses) are way out to lunch price-wise.

I was just looking at an item where they are asking $129 for what lists at full Porsche pop for $120.31...and even lower at Sunset.

It gets even funnier...

If for any reason you are not satisfied please contact us and we'll discuss it and we'll do anything on our part to accommodate you. (fair enough but if they don't?) However if you leave us a negative or neutral feedback prior to contacting us and trying to communicate, we will block you from any of our future auctions forever.
Little wonder they have a 100% Positive feedback.

Last edited by IXLR8; 03-09-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:39 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Not only them but many eBay sellers (mostly businesses) are way out to lunch price-wise.

I was just looking at an item where they are asking $129 for what lists at full Porsche pop for $120.31...and even lower at Sunset.

It gets even funnier...

Little wonder they have a 100% Positive feedback.
Easy to circumvent, just set up a new account to bid on their auctions if its something you must have and unavailable anywhere else.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Q8drill
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a bad experience with Dave Road and Race, I bought the RS pulley from him thru eBay and got one without the screws and had to wait 2 weeks to get the screws.
The pulley was not packed as new as advertised on eBay. That was a bad deal.
Ahmad
Old 03-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

I bought some absolutely junky calipers from this guy several years ago. Rode way hard and put away wet. Nothing a rebuild and refinish didn't cure.

Any time I see MS Road & Race on an eBay listing, I click right on past the item...
Old 03-09-2012, 07:41 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought a new windshield/seals from Dave couple years ago. Since it wasn't far from me, I picked it up to save the shipping. I felt uneasy after I picked them up because he had it sit on the floor (his shop wasn't exactly clean either) by the entry without much protection and my installer had mentioned he wouldn't intall a used one. My installer didn't say anything and it went ok so far.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Michaelc
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought some items for an old SC I had years ago, not impressed with the quality or the descriptions. Sent a couple items back, money was refunded, but it was a hassle.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 PM
James Hunt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There not "big reds". There is an indentation/nipple on the top/centre instead of a square that all big reds have. Just a set of standard calipers painted red.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:07 AM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

About 10 years ago I saw him selling a 914 steering wheel as a genuine RS wheel, for.......

1600$.

They cost at the time about 80$.

Buyer beware. He is known as Msroadrape in some circles.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:52 AM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeK
Buyer beware. He is known as Msroadrape in some circles.
Ouch!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:56 PM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 226 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by James Hunt
There not "big reds". There is an indentation/nipple on the top/centre instead of a square that all big reds have. Just a set of standard calipers painted red.
The ebay ones? They are 993 big reds for sure, look at the 4th photo on ebay
Old 03-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I dealt with him once, paid $12 bucks to ship a poster...it arrived mangled because it was not packed in a tube (and he paid $2.53 to ship it) I sent him pictures..he said he would look and see if he had another (he had another listed on ebay at the time) I let him know the item number of the one he had listed and never heard from him again, filed a "case" with eBay, got my money back and learned my lesson
NEVER DEAL WITH THAT AZZWHOLE AGAIN...one of the biggest POS on feebay

Quick Reply: Interesting 'msroadrace' Ebay listing...