993 Forum 1995-1998

2012 National PCA Parade---Salt Lake City, UT

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 10:07 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Have they set the dates. I am thinking of staying in Park City and driving down the hill for the event....
Old 03-12-2011, 11:16 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Hmm, I may make this one. I'm not a fan of the "desert look" of the SLC area-a bit too barren for my taste, but it has its high points. I'd assume we'd have some good driving roads. Throw in some track time at Miller, and its a lock!
The SLC Valley is a "high desert" surounded by plush green mountains, tree's, and great views. Great drives up the Cottonwood Canyons.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:18 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hoggel
The dates are 9-13 July 2011. The local region is checking availability of Miller Motorsports Park for DE and possibly club race the 14-15

There probably won't be a lot of info posted until after the 2011 Parade this July in Savannah. The only thing on the PCA site now is the location.
Saturday July 9th Chris Isaak and Blues Travler are playing at the SLC Bee's stadium. Starts at 630pm. Side thought for those who may want to catch a concert while in town.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
The SLC Valley is a "high desert" surounded by plush green mountains, tree's, and great views. Great drives up the Cottonwood Canyons.
I go there a couple of times a year for business. IMO, you gotta drive out of the valley to see much green. Like I said, it has its points. I'm just kind of "deserted out".
Old 11-04-2011, 08:08 PM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Check out the promo vid:

Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 AM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Who's coming?
Old 04-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Justin A.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is awesome! glad I am sticking around for summer classes
Old 04-22-2012, 10:22 AM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Wife and I are driving to it. Looking forward to the road trip and the fun, however, concerned that the 993 will be in perfect health for the adventure. I will be spending $$$ to make sure everything I can think of is up to par or replaced. Not happy about having someone other than myself touching it, (breaking my initial rule when I bought it-no one is touching this vehicle but me), but don't have the time before the date to work on myself. Wife keeps telling me to just focus on the adventure. She always the voice of reason.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:05 PM
FrankinCayman
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys, anyone that would like to stay in a Nice house instead of staying at a hotel, please contact me. It will save $350 over the lowest of the hotel room costs. It is only 5 blocks from the event.

We are a husband / wife Cayman S driver. Going to the event to Auto X and have fun!

-David
Old 06-09-2012, 07:53 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Who's coming?
There's a chance!

Jager, if you are coming to SLC for parade we'd love to have you meet Alex.
Hope to see you and your wife again, and to meet your son soon.

Here we are in our Beerfest best.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:09 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

HoggeL-- Check for PM.

Alex bringing his new 993 Targa?
If so, I nominate you for father of the decade!
Originally Posted by curve lover

Never too early! (... also a great racing mantra.)

next PCA parade? Been too long, bro

I'm positive I will attend the 2012 Parade. See you then if not before?

So do you think buying this car for him when he's 1 month old is too much? If Jager says never too early ...

Some motivational UT scenery, from PCA's driving tours webpage:

Old 06-27-2012, 11:14 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

9 Magazine's "5 Reasons Why You Should Start Making Your Plans Now For The 2012 Porsche Parade:"
Originally Posted by 9magazine.com

The 2012 Porsche Parade Will Be Held From July 8 -14, 2012

Salt Lake City Utah is the place to be this July for the Porsche Club of America’s national convention.

“Crossroads of the West” as the city is affectionately named, has all the amenities of a major metropolitan area; the friendliness and warm hospitality of a small Western city; remarkable history; and unparalleled access to natural recreation (21 national parks and monuments within a few hours’ drive). The city is on land that was once covered by the prehistoric Lake Bonneville. Towering Wasatch Mountains frame this beautiful, safe and vibrant mountain setting.

Salt Lake City will be the perfect destination and backdrop for a Porsche enthusiasts’ “Dream Week.” For more information on what to see and do in Salt Lake City beyond Parade activities click here.

Reason 1 – It’s the best event of the year for Porsche enthusiasts

Aside from Rennsport reunion which only happens every four years or so, the Porsche parade is the biggest gathering of Porsches and Porsche people and it happens EVERY YEAR! Thousands of like-minded enthusiasts attend beautiful Porsche-filled destinations.

Reason 2- It’s a great family vacation

Although the Porsche Parade has been held consecutively for over 50 years, we only recently discovered all of the family fun and enjoyment it provides. Last year we had such a great time, we decided this year to make it our yearly family vacation. Each year the Parade is held in a different City, and makes for great fun and excitement.

Reason 3 – The Cars!

What more can be said about that? The annual Porsche parade hosts thousands of Porsche cars of all types.

Reason 4- The Events

No matter what you are into; Socializing, Auto-Cross, Car shows, Concours, Technical seminars, Etc., Etc. The Porsche Parade has something for everyone! In addition to the traditional car related activities you can enjoy a golf tournament, a 5K Run/Walk, RC Car racing, and the Tech Quiz. PLUS numerous tours to local attractions to introduce you to the area where the event is based. How much better does it get than that?

Reason 5 – Airfare is cheaper now

With the recent decline in fuel prices and the advanced ticket purchase, the expense to travel will be significantly lower NOW than in the near future.

You need to be a PCA member to register (If you are not, join now!) and let the memories begin!

Here is a link to more information on this year’s event: PORSCHE PARADE 2012.

^^ Posted in May.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:00 PM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

I'll be in the welcome tent from 8-12:30 Sunday morning. Putting my car in the corral at the State Capitol on Monday. I may be on the Alpine tour Tuesday (Either I will or my wife will). Definitely will be working the Canyons tour on Thursday. I'll wear some kind of rennlist ID. Come say hey.

Originally Posted by curve lover
... Alex bringing his new 993 Targa?
If so, I nominate you for father of the decade! ...
I guess I'm not father of the decade. Sadly the targa had to go due to lack of space. Debbie was going to sell the Boxster and keep the targa but she has a 50% partner in the Boxster (her mother) who didn't think trading a 2004 with 40k miles for a 1996 with 180k miles made sense. I stayed out of that discussion. I did find a child seat that fits in the Porsche so Alex will be joining me in the Parade of Porsches on Saturday

Last edited by hoggel; 07-03-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: speller
Old 07-03-2012, 04:28 PM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Some numbers from registration. Parade will be 1500+ people, 700+ Porsches. 90+ cars on the canyon tours. Wow!!! It will be interesting trying to keep all those cats on the path. It would be nice to get pics from a blimp. 300 cars are signed up for the Parade of Porsches through downtown SLC on the 14th.

This Thurs-Fri I'm going to be spraying the DE residue off my car so it will be presentable for the Corral Monday morning. Woohoo!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:50 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

^^ Any DEs for you during Parade?

This Thurs-Fri I'm going to be spraying the DE residue off my car so it will be presentable for the Corral Monday morning. Woohoo!
Sounds like your 993's feeling the LUV about now

I don't remember ever seeing anything overt about PCA on Porsche's own website before,
so this seems especially notable - "Appearance of Porsche Classic at the USA Porsche Parade in Salt Lake City:"
Originally Posted by Porsche.com

Salt Lake City is getting ready to be the Porsche capital in the USA for one week. From 8 to 14 July, the 57th Porsche Parade will attract great attention in the metropolis of the US Federal State of Utah. This traditional get-together of all generations of Porsche sports cars, is organised by the Porsche Club of America (PCA), the largest Porsche Club in the world with more than 100,000 members. Fans and Porsche enthusiasts from all over the country come to the show, which culminates with the Concours d'Elegance at the Utah State Capitol. Participants and guests can expect a fantastic programme with driving events and the legendary parade of Porsche cars through the city.

Porsche Classic will also be present. The Classic experts will be on hand to provide the visitors with their expertise and advice, especially on such important topics as the restoration, overhaul and repair of classic Porsche models. Considerable space will therefore be taken up by genuine Porsche Classic parts. Besides an exhibition of highlights out of the Classic range - presented in a large high-bay storage system – professional advice by Classic experts will also be available. Visitors and participants will be able to admire a show car, which impressively demonstrates the everyday work: the Porsche 356 Speedster (Model year 1957) belonging to an American customer is currently being restored in the Porsche Classic Workshop near Stuttgart and will be exhibited in the "pre-painted" state in Salt Lake City.

Quick Reply: 2012 National PCA Parade---Salt Lake City, UT