Hershey, PA Porsche-Only Swap Meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 03:04 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by 993Porsche
Hmmm... this is getting better than I expected. Glad to see that we have such a large "993 following" in the MD area. But, I still haven't heard from Andreas, Mark, Neil, or Besser. What are you guys going to do?
Ken,
Not sure if I'm going. We'll see.

My birthday falls on that day and Cactus has a tough time understanding that my wife likes to plan something special that day...

Andreas
Old 03-13-2011, 04:47 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Wait, you'd rather spend the day with your... wife?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:54 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
Wait, you'd rather spend the day with your... wife?
Actually, yes. What's the problem?

Andreas
Old 03-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Ken,
Not sure if I'm going. We'll see.

My birthday falls on that day and Cactus has a tough time understanding that my wife likes to plan something special that day...

Andreas
Are you two going to look for your furry Crocs?
Old 03-13-2011, 10:34 PM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I plan on going and hopefully hooking up with a few PA and NJ listers on 78 en route.
An obvious difficulty amongst the large crowd will be to identify each other unless you rolled in together.
Posted on the Central PA PCA site you can book ahead a special area for like folks. Might be a good way getting the group together. Just a thought.

http://www.cpa-pca.org/swap/

"Porsche Caravans
Porsche Groups: Let us reserve your parking! You say your Porsche model is the coolest ever made? You've gone so far as to find a whole bunch of other owners of the same model? And now you all run together like wolves in a pack? You’re our kind of Porscher!
It doesn’t matter if your group is based on a Porsche model, a PCA Region, a bunch of friends, or however you define it. Just let us know you’re coming and how many are in your group. We'll arrange a parking area just for you and your party! (Minimum 10 cars, please.)
The 968 Club typically brings 30 or so cars alone! Are you air-cooled guys gonna let a bunch of water-pumpers dominate the Swap?"
Old 03-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingchappy
I plan on going and hopefully hooking up with a few PA and NJ listers on 78 en route.
An obvious difficulty amongst the large crowd will be to identify each other unless you rolled in together.
Posted on the Central PA PCA site you can book ahead a special area for like folks. Might be a good way getting the group together. Just a thought.

http://www.cpa-pca.org/swap/

"Porsche Caravans
Porsche Groups: Let us reserve your parking! You say your Porsche model is the coolest ever made? You've gone so far as to find a whole bunch of other owners of the same model? And now you all run together like wolves in a pack? You’re our kind of Porscher!
It doesn’t matter if your group is based on a Porsche model, a PCA Region, a bunch of friends, or however you define it. Just let us know you’re coming and how many are in your group. We'll arrange a parking area just for you and your party! (Minimum 10 cars, please.)
The 968 Club typically brings 30 or so cars alone! Are you air-cooled guys gonna let a bunch of water-pumpers dominate the Swap?"
what a great idea ! An RL 993 area, how cool would that be.

Lets try to get a count of all of us coming from North, South, East, and West and somebody can reserve our spot.

New headcount thread started.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

I called my uncle, we're both IN! (unless it's raining that day, then we're out!).

I still think it would be a good idea to meet somewhere at ... 1215pm? or some other designated time...

Since the crab cake booth isn't good for you guys due to the amount of people that will be standing there, could we pick another spot to meet and greet then that would be super easy to find for those of us that are impaired in this dept?

Maybe a PCA booth or something like that...

I'm up for whatever sticker you come up with and I'll PM you my address. I would bring a bunch with you so when we all meet up there at an appointed time, if that's what you'd like to do to, you could give them out to those that don't have them and later in the day people from Rennlist could pick you out of the crowd and say hello.

sr
Old 03-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
I'm up for whatever sticker you come up with and I'll PM you my address. I would bring a bunch with you so when we all meet up there at an appointed time, if that's what you'd like to do to, you could give them out to those that don't have them and later in the day people from Rennlist could pick you out of the crowd and say hello.

sr
I plan on putting a bunch at/on/near my car, with a marker also.

PM me your address Steve, and I'll put you on the list.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:00 AM
NEK
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Link to head count thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ved-space.html
Old 03-14-2011, 11:46 AM
jungleboy
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
I plan on putting a bunch at/on/near my car, with a marker also.
You and Steve have good point... it would be great to link up with folks.

I appreciate you wiling to mail folks the tags, but that'll surely become a pain in the butt if a lot of people request them. I'll either bring my own or find your car

Quick Reply: Hershey, PA Porsche-Only Swap Meet