Sponsored by: DashLynx

JICs arrived...am I being an idiot?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:24 PM
timabe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPS
A) Please respect that the thread is asking about whether anyone knows if I am missing a part on the JICs I got.

B) As a long time Rennlist member and sort of contributor (I ask more questions than I'm able to answer) I have seen that there are very few absolutes. Some people love turbo noses, some not. Some enjoy cashmere interior, others only black. Some keep their engine tray in place, others snicker. Some even like 996s. Some think JLo is hot, personally I think she's a diva with a fat ***.

Well said!!
Old 02-09-2011, 04:27 PM
moots
Advanced

I bought Closeout jics and even had the guys at jic install them, they where awesome to deal with showed me around the shop. They have some great cars there. As far as ride impressions it really made the car feel like it a sports car. Much more compliant than my old sc with hds and turbo bars, I can feel the road but an getting no complaints from my passenger.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:54 PM
camlob
Pro

Originally Posted by moots
I bought Closeout jics and even had the guys at jic install them, they where awesome to deal with showed me around the shop. They have some great cars there. As far as ride impressions it really made the car feel like it a sports car. Much more compliant than my old sc with hds and turbo bars, I can feel the road but an getting no complaints from my passenger.
Nice to know you have them installed already. Can you comment on my earlier pic of Bill V's JIC? It looks like he has adj spring perches as compared to the pic JPS posted.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:57 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

UPDATE: Got an email back from JIC. They did indeed switch to an allen bolt in the collar, and got rid of the dual collars. Their documentation didn't keep up.

So it would seem that to adjust the height I just loosen the lower collar (red ring in the left of the pic above), adjust, and tighten. Awaiting confirmation / new documentation from JIC.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:05 PM
camlob
Pro

Originally Posted by JPS
UPDATE: Got an email back from JIC. They did indeed switch to an allen bolt in the collar, and got rid of the dual collars. Their documentation didn't keep up.

So it would seem that to adjust the height I just loosen the lower collar (red ring in the left of the pic above), adjust, and tighten. Awaiting confirmation / new documentation from JIC.
Phew....thanks for the update. Now I can sleep better
Old 02-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBear
I hate JICs, just drove a 993 for a week that had them installed. They are for a "track only car". Even on the softest setting it is unbearable on the highway. I took advantage of the 10 day return guaranty from the seller and got rid of the car.

I had PSS9s in my last 993 and the car was great. The settings available worked well for track and street use. With JIC the coils are too harsh to begin with so that the rebound adjustment alone does not make it bearable.

A Porsche tuning shop in LA told me that JIC is considered the lowest segment of the market in Japan. I'd have to agree.

I didn't understand to begin with why anyone would put a Japanese product on a German car.
Classy post. Contributes absolutely nothing to the OP's issue.

Quick Reply: JICs arrived...am I being an idiot?