Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found after removing seat - Special Porsche Factory tool?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:39 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 694 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by moots
I found a hand under my driver seat, ok it was one of those wooden artist model hand but it did give me a bit of a start. If I ever sell my car I think I will put a plastic skull or eyeball under the seat give the guy a real story
Better yet, a handgun with the serial numbers filed off.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:49 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have one of those little tools in my glovebox. once it got stuck between the box & the door, kept the glovebox from closing and drained the battery because the lights didn't go off...

glad to know what its for
Old 02-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Arena993
Wasn't 993BillW the PO. He's a slippery one. I did find $800.00 in 100 dollar bills in an 87 Targa I bought at auction about 5 years ago. It was in an envelope under the spare tire and had been wet many times. The envelope had rust stains on it, but the money was good. Had a great weekend!

Mike
Hmmm, Mike, I think we should use your car to test the new lift......

You found my envelope! I've been looking for that for like 5 yrs.! I'll pick it up Sat. at CnC.....
Old 02-03-2011, 09:01 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by moots
I found a hand under my driver seat, ok it was one of those wooden artist model hand but it did give me a bit of a start. If I ever sell my car I think I will put a plastic skull or eyeball under the seat give the guy a real story
No no........rubber snake curled up.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:11 PM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Yes, part of the factory tool kit.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So that's what that little thing is for. I have one in my glove box, in a plastic bag along with the key to the anti-theft lugnuts.

Nothing interesting in my car, save for a long dead K40 install and some loose change in the slot beneath the parking brake. Not one month after I finally fished the money out with some duct tape, my friend plunked some change down in the same spot, and it's still in there.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

Thank you for the responses. Hope I never need to use it.

In regards to "finds", I have a friend who purchased a new Plymouth GTX way back in the day. It always had a clunk in the driver's side rear they could not diagnose. Years later when restoring it, he found an air impact wrench in the hollow in front of the left rear wheel. Clunk found.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 180 Posts

In my past 944T, upon giving it a good interior detailing, found the previous owners VISA card . . .

On the current 993TT, same story, different find, a cig lighter, with one already in the dash, so I guess this (original) one went MIA and was replaced.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Burdell
So that's what that little thing is for. I have one in my glove box, in a plastic bag along with the key to the anti-theft lugnuts.

Nothing interesting in my car, save for a long dead K40 install and some loose change in the slot beneath the parking brake. Not one month after I finally fished the money out with some duct tape, my friend plunked some change down in the same spot, and it's still in there.
Good idea to just pull the seats out and clean up under there. It's only 6 (or 4) bolts per seat and allows you to do a really good vacuum job. Also a good way to clean the seats. Found about $4.00 under mine last year.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:02 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 872 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by Cemoto
I found this 6mm hex drive socket under the wiring harness under the passenger seat.

Any ideas what it might be?

without looking at the rest of the thread, i'm going to say it has something to do with manual sunroof adjustment in case a cable breaks or the motor fails?

Craig
Old 02-04-2011, 01:56 PM
fullbooker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased my 85 Carrera from a gentleman who claimed car was never smoked in.
I found a pack of Marlboros under the passenger seat. Guess they were somebody elses.
Phil

Quick Reply: Found after removing seat - Special Porsche Factory tool?