993 Forum 1995-1998

Riviera Blue 993 C2 cab for sale / Carrara White 6-GT3 also

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 04:39 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Yeah, well, nice try, but you know that neither provide any "evidence" contradicting my position. If I have ever criticized a member's for sale ad, I think it was quite a while ago.
Last night at 9:23 pm...to be precise.

Mark, This discussion was never about you...or me. Unfortunately you chose to make it personal simply because you disagreed with my position. I prefer to take the high road and will not follow you into the gutter. I will conclude by repeating what I said in my first post; that I hope the OP gets his full asking price.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:06 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by deadhead1960
Last night at 9:23 pm...to be precise.
It.

Wasn't.

His.

Thread.

If you can't see this, all I can say is "It's your world, boss."

Mark, This discussion was never about you...or me. Unfortunately you chose to make it personal simply because you disagreed with my position. I prefer to take the high road and will not follow you into the gutter. I will conclude by repeating what I said in my first post; that I hope the OP gets his full asking price.
Oh, so now you've taking the "high road" after you tried to dig up stuff on me? Laughable. The only reason you're playing the high road card is because you are so busted not only on your clear hypocrisy but also your role as a car dealer, quasi or not.

You are right about one thing: this is about Scott's car. Bump to the top for Scott.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:08 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I agree 100% with your statement about negative comments being inappropriate; however you're simply incorrect in saying that disagreeing with someone is automatically considered to be "negative." And I'll repeat myself. If the OP wanted to avoid this debate, he should have listed his ad in the classified or member to member sales section. By posting in the 993 forum, he knowingly expected to have the pricing issue [constructively] debated.

FWIW...the definition of forum...A public meeting place for open discussion.
I totally agree with you on this one deadhead, a difference of opinion does not mean you are posting negative comments. If you had posted that the car had issues or was not as represented or worse had you yourself made false or misleading comments about the seller or his car that would be a whole different story.

Whether we like it or not posting in the 993 forum opens your item for sale up to a different set of circumstances then posting in the for sale section.
Scott that’s a beautiful car, I am not much of a cab guy but that is a really stunning car. I hope you get a price which you are satisfied with in the end.

Deadhead odds are in a forum like this no matter how sound your logic and reasoning is some people will just pursue things to the N’th degree just to have the last word. FWIW I agree with your point of view.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:30 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

I love boobies.

Andreas
Old 01-31-2011, 05:34 PM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
I love boobies.

Andreas
Ahhh... finally some sanity!

Good luck Scott! Let me know if I can assist in HB in any way.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:06 PM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I love boobies.

Andreas
Amen to that!

Wow, I'm tired from reading all that
Old 01-31-2011, 06:10 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I really hate to take sides and usually don't. I read most topics and hardly post. For a number of reasons but primarily because this is a US forum.

But I can not get over the fact that it is so hard to understand Mark's position and I just wanted to post this one remark. People need to be kinder to one another.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:11 PM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What are the specifics on the black cab: mileage, mods, 6spd or tip, etc??
Old 01-31-2011, 06:28 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

I am so frustrated.

I was prepared to finally pluck down my $60K and buy that beautiful Riviera Blue Cab, a 1995 no less with no CEL crap, and then I started to read the posts. I'm reading posts from a community of enthusiasts, all with a passion for 993s, that are at each others throats, who are practicing in the fine art of "ready, shoot and aim". This should be a friendly place.

Honestly, Scott's recent reply post was one of the most professional, enthusiast written and admirable posts about his beautiful car and it made all the other posts seem just silly.

I am looking for a great example. But Scott, take no offense, but I really do not want you to drive up the prices while I am trying to find a great one at a price that is more in line with what most of you guys would spend. You do have a beautiful car and I hope you sell it after I buy mine!

GLWS.

Mark

And Trader220 - where have you been hiding!!! Hope all is well Howard.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Augustus Davies
Any details on the GT3...Thanks..
The GT3 is a 2004 Carrara White car with black interior and light options. It has red-backed sport seats with red stitching, red seat belts and red gauge dial faces. I have added the front lip spoiler (Cup version - I think - I have to double check that) and also added an OEM RS rear carbon fiber spoiler - though I also still have the smaller, stock white rear wing. 13,000 miles.

Scott
Old 01-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sdcabrio
What are the specifics on the black cab: mileage, mods, 6spd or tip, etc??
The black cab is a 1996 model, 6-speed with lots of mods/goodies that I added. It has the LWF/RS clutch and is a very strong pulling NA 993 - one of the strongest/finest ... so I hear. Besides - black 993's are fastest anyway - right??? OK - not looking to stir the pot here anymore ...

It has 78,000 miles and had the top end rebuilt at Beverly Hills Porsche before I bought it. I installed a new cab top and suspension - RoW M030 with newer version / generation Bilstein HD's and M030 sways front and back. I also added a GT2 strut tower brace, RS motor mounts, MS airbox cover and the MY'02 Carrera 5-spoke wheels. The brake calipers are stock - but were professionally powdercoat finished to red - to the finest look I have ever seen - by Dr. Walrod - and YES - I still get complements on the caliper finish. It has red seat belts in the front. RS pulley set-up, great sounding RSR cans from Robin, Rennline alu pedals, floorboard and track mat on drivers-side and Gemballa oval exhaust tips. Clear front corners with non-OEM Turbo S ducts and Gert's front protection bar. This car also has the MY'02 aluminum/leather shifter and parking brake handle. Front end also has Walrod's front bushings installed.

Scott
Old 01-31-2011, 08:09 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scott... Beautiful car! On one hand, I hope you get close to what you're asking.

On the other hand, since I'm between cars right now and I REALLY want my next to be a RB coupe, I hope you don't!

Seriously... gorgeous car. GLWS!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:16 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

I love boobies.

Andreas

funniest damn thing I've read in weeks!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:26 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I love boobies.

Andreas
Originally Posted by Parnelli
funniest damn thing I've read in weeks!
Our most recent post here on the subject (specifically, Kika's post #9): https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=21505 ????
Old 01-31-2011, 08:27 PM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993S
For a number of reasons but primarily because this is a US forum.
What the...!? I thought this was a Canadian forum... Ah, that would explain all of the pictures of cars in the sunshine...

Free bump for beautiful cars - not that this thread needs it.

Quick Reply: Riviera Blue 993 C2 cab for sale / Carrara White 6-GT3 also