993 Forum 1995-1998

Riviera Blue 993 C2 cab for sale / Carrara White 6-GT3 also

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 08:56 PM
PecosBill
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by briefescape
Not here to offend anyone but you ask and this is just my humble opinion just slightly higher mileage 3 owner car no expense spared to bring it up to snuff . There is a black 3 spoke 996 steering wheel with a leather air bag and a black alu. n leather e brake that could be work in the deal .

Here you go...

1995 Porsche 993 Riviera Blue Cab

993 Cabriolet in stunning and rare Riviera Blue, black top, black leather
interior.
178K km, 6 speed, local, complete records/Carfax, no accidents, factory
stock except for sport springs and Gemballa "Lemans Black Edition" wheels
shod with PS2's 245/18 295/18 at 80%.
This car is absolutely immaculate inside and out with many recent new parts:
clutch, flywheel, all engine seals inc RMS, brake pads, rotors, steering
rack, front control arms, alternator, canvas top/headliner, cab top motors,
battery, windshield, lens's and more.
No expense spared to make the car good as new. All receipts on hand.
There is also an Alpine CD stacker, a hidden radar detector, and a proximity
alarm.
Needs nothing. No disappointments.

See more photo's at :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5005126...18/with/459778
1982/
Price?
Old 01-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

When I sold mine last Summer I got 31K and it was done right plus look at my signature a very well done car IMHO. Now granted it is not a 27K original mile car, but twice the price? I honestly hope he gets it, or gets close because it can only help all of us.

Mike
Old 01-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Arena993
When I sold mine last Summer I got 31K and it was done right plus look at my signature a very well done car IMHO. Now granted it is not a 27K original mile car, but twice the price? I honestly hope he gets it, or gets close because it can only help all of us.

Mike
If I would have had the space and money you definitely wouldn't be looking at Rivi in your garage today. LOVE
Old 01-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CarreraDan
As someone who is looking to purchase a rare colored 993 (had a granite green 911) in the near future I wish you lots of luck. Slate Grey and Rivera Blue are two of my favorite colors and your car looks great. However at $60K I would be looking for a turbo or the nicest C2S or C4S money can buy in todays market, not a 95 Carrera Cab.

If you are serious about selling the car you might want to lower your price a tad, as a cash buyer I would not even contact you about the car with its current asking price. Please don't take offense to my post I am just giving you my opinion from someone looking to buy a rare colored 993. Again, good luck with the sale and if mid to high 30's would take the car feel free to contact me.
"Again, good luck with the sale and if mid to high 30's would take the car feel free to contact me.[/QUOTE]"

High 30's and the car would be sold in half a second. Hell, PM me and I'll wire the seller $39K today!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
If I would have had the space and money you definitely wouldn't be looking at Rivi in your garage today. LOVE
I wouldn't have sold it to you just because you passed the deal of the century on the RSD.

[QUOTE=Parnelli;8258041
High 30's and the car would be sold in half a second. Hell, PM me and I'll wire the seller $39K today![/QUOTE]

When I had mine for sale believe it or not most people (not from here) thought I changed the color. My mechanic tells me there are so few Rivi Blue cars because no one ordered them in the first place. As far as the price it truly is what someone is willing to pay. I found most people really did not like the color unless they were an enthusiast, the Porsche crowds love the color. I myself like odd colors. At 39K he would sell it quickly as Parnelli said.

Mike
Old 01-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

I wouldn't have sold it to you just because you passed the deal of the century on the RSD
Refresh my memory.....
Old 01-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Arena993

Mike
that simply amazes me Mike..the car is stunning, good damn thing I'm not a cab man. My taste usually runs to the extreme-single digit percentage of things anyway. The facts that your car sold so cheaply(ahem, reasonable), and that Thatcher's stunner is still around-simply makes me question my faith in mankind.

And we are an EVOLVED species...right?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Unless the seller has asked for pricing feedback, it's generally regarded as not cool to offer negative commentary on the price when he/she is the thread originator.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:53 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Unless the seller has asked for pricing feedback, it's generally regarded as not cool to offer negative commentary on the price when he/she is the thread originator.
+993, and OP is a cool dude, has been on here a long time....and not the type to step on other peeps post....
Old 01-30-2011, 10:57 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agreed and that is why I did not post anything about pricing .

I had half heartedly put mine up for sale last summer due to health issues .
Will decided shortly if mine is for sale . I do not want to end up like Mike ( Arena993 ) I am afraid to ask him how much it cost to retrieved his RB .

Cheers Guy
Old 01-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
+993, and OP is a cool dude, has been on here a long time....and not the type to step on other peeps post....
That he is, Tony.

Originally Posted by briefescape
I agreed and that is why I did not post anything about pricing .

I had half heartedly put mine up for sale last summer due to health issues .
Will decided shortly if mine is for sale . I do not want to end up like Mike ( Arena993 ) I am afraid to ask him how much it cost to retrieved his RB .

Cheers Guy
Yeah, it would be polite if the other 'listers could remove their posts so that Scott can sell his car.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:30 AM
deadhead1960
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it would be polite if the other 'listers could remove their posts so that Scott can sell his car.
Mmm...I've re-read the posts twice and there are no negative commentaries. It appears all the comments have been respectful. I think when you advertise a car that is so inflated in price, relative to the market, it invites points of views and opinions of others. That should not be confused with "negative comments." If the OP did not want his car to be subjected to debate, at the very least he should have listed it solely in the classified section and not in the forum section. Censorship is never a good thing.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:49 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deadhead1960
Mmm...I've re-read the posts twice and there are no negative commentaries. It appears all the comments have been respectful. I think when you advertise a car that is so inflated in price, relative to the market, it invites points of views and opinions of others. That should not be confused with "negative comments." If the OP did not want his car to be subjected to debate, at the very least he should have listed it solely in the classified section and not in the forum section. Censorship is never a good thing.
Then I'm sure you won't care if, the next time you sell something, others post critical comments about the price, condition, etc. of the item you're selling.

BTW, if your post disagrees with the OP's price, that is negative commentary.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:36 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

I've worked on this cab and it still smells and drives like a brand new car! I hope Scott gets top dollar, whatever that may be.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:39 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Then I'm sure you won't care if, the next time you sell something, others post critical comments about the price, condition, etc. of the item you're selling.

BTW, if your post disagrees with the OP's price, that is negative commentary.
+1...

You know I've been reading all these "opinions" in several "for sale" threads and it makes me wonder why we all seem to want to shoot ourselves in the foot. There will be a time where all of us will sell our 993's, when the time comes and suddenly you are the seller, do you really want to get bottom dollar for a car that most likely you have spend a good coin to keep it in perfect running condition, certainly much more than your average non enthusiast owner?
I would suggest that we think twice before posting opinions on pricing. Isn't it bad enough that we have to deal with "blue book", dealers and the values at Excellence?

Sure hope you sell at 60K.

Quick Reply: Riviera Blue 993 C2 cab for sale / Carrara White 6-GT3 also