Sponsored by:

98 Arena Red C2S in Madison, Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 09:27 AM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 98 Arena Red C2S in Madison, Wisconsin

I am going up to Madison, Wisconson next week to look at a 98 C2S that has been in Auto Trader for a few weeks. A little high on mileage (102k miles), but a good Carfax (4 owners). Car has the Bilsstein PSS2 suspension and otherwise is stock. Car has been serviced at Kelly Moss Motosports in the past.

Have any Rennlisters seen this car? Would appreciate any information on the car before I take a look at it. Advertised for $35k, which seems a little high for the mileage.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:45 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by earossi
I am going up to Madison, Wisconson next week to look at a 98 C2S that has been in Auto Trader for a few weeks. A little high on mileage (102k miles), but a good Carfax (4 owners). Car has the Bilsstein PSS2 suspension and otherwise is stock. Car has been serviced at Kelly Moss Motosports in the past.

Have any Rennlisters seen this car? Would appreciate any information on the car before I take a look at it. Advertised for $35k, which seems a little high for the mileage.
Not familiar with the car but did have a car PPI'd at Kelly Motorsports. They were very good and took about 50 photos. Well respected place so if the car was serviced by them (PPI conflict), I would call them and learn what you can about the service on the 993 you are looking at.

Good luck.

Mark
Old 01-15-2011, 10:05 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Earossi, bring your snow tires, boots and shovel! Lots of snow up this way.

Send a PM to "Spartan" from over on the 993 Turbo forum. He knows the Kelly Moss guys and owner(s) very well. KM is his DE sponsor.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:42 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

E,
I looked into this car back in Sep/Oct time frame. Yes it has been on Autotrader that long, and he's in no rush to sell. I spoke with the owner extensively. Looks to be very well cared for and no expense spared. I have all his service records. The car has PSS9, not PSS2. Many new upgrades and replacements have been done to include steering rack, altenator, LWF, new clutch, and those beautiful Rook 2-piece rims. I think he did lower the price a little. Maybe you can talk him down 1-2k more, but for sure you wont find a 98 C2S with all the upgrades for less than 40k. Lower milage ones will cost you much more. Car is in beautiful condition inside and out!! Hope that helps.
P.S. Vic if you're reading this, GLWS!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:29 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I have not seen this vehicle for sale. I would love to help out as I live in the area. Unfortunately, I'm so new to these vehicles, I'm not qualified to provide a good assessment. If I can help in any other way, let me know.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:22 AM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Guys, thanks so much for the feedback on the Wisconsin 993. I'm still going to look at it this next week. Since I live in Chicago, I know all about snow and cold! Given that I am from Florida, I often wonder how I ended up in Chicago 22 years ago!

Sounds like a nice car. A little bit out of my price range; but, you never know. To me, the only detractor is that the odo has now passed 100k, which has always been a psychological barrier for selling a P-car (when that time comes).

I have owned 6 911's, a 944, and two 968's, So, I think that I am ready for my last and final P-car, and the 993 (to me) is the height of the sport. So, I am looking for a good one. My color preference is for the Arena, but my second choice is Silver. So, the Madison car, which is only 150 miles away from Chicago is a close fit. The fact that it is a 98 and an S model are pluses.

At any rate, thanks again. You have given me a good feeling about the car and about Kelly Moss. This is a wonderful board.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:27 AM
earossi
Burning Brakes

No HTwo O. I see that you live in Arlington Heights. Not to far from me, since I am in Naperville. Perhaps we could hook up some time to kick tires.

Ernie Rossi
Old 01-16-2011, 02:44 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

No HTwo O. I see that you live in Arlington Heights. Not to far from me, since I am in Naperville. Perhaps we could hook up some time to kick tires.

Ernie Rossi
Anytime! The toys come out in late March and early April!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:58 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Would appreciate any information on the car before I take a look at it.
Gear lever is not original "S", nothing important but thought you might like to know this.

Quick Reply: 98 Arena Red C2S in Madison, Wisconsin