Sponsored by:

GT3 TEK GT2 Splitters

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 01:24 AM
zechunique
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Emerald,

I'm wanting to do the bumperette delete, and clear sides, and maybe brake ducts. Does the front bumper need to come off for that? Is that a big job?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:19 PM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bumper cover will need to come off for the delete. I don't think it is a big job, you just need to take your time. It is bigger if you have a clear bra. I ordered my paint from Paintscratch.com, and the match was perfect.
It looks so much better with the delete. The clear corners look great, but make the old fogs look like crap.
I will replace the fogs with ducts in the future.

I spoke with Joel today and ordered the squirter deletes. I am very eager to get the front back together.

Emerald
Old 12-13-2010, 07:48 PM
slider
Rennlist Member

former owners are waiting to see the new front end...I must confess, I'm not a big fan of the splitters, and I was too impatient to do the front delete. I did always think the turbo front looked great on the 993. I think that's part of the reason why I went with the aero kit on my 2006 S.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:01 PM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Hey Joe,

Good to hear from you. I will post pictures soon I hope. I went ahead and ordered the squirter delete from Joel, and hope to start bolting things back together this weekend.

Emerald
Old 12-14-2010, 02:23 AM
CSmith
Rennlist Member

Emerald, I hope everything goes well with the final front GT2 install. I am looking to do the same in the next couple of months. Already bought the RS rockers from Joel and they were great! He was a pleasure to deal with as well.

Joel, any plans to do the GT2 lips in poly? I know its much more complicated than the RS pieces and would likely need to be done in at least 5 molds, but they would be real nice!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:46 AM
jaa1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3 Tek

No matter what you may want to believe, we really do stand behind our products 100% but are unable to help any customer who does not call us directly and discuss what, if any issues, they are having with fitment or anything else regarding our parts.
I have heard from a reliable source / forum member that above statement is 100% false.. I was shocked to hear the story, and certainly will not be giving any business to GT3 Tek...
Old 12-14-2010, 11:42 AM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Well, that is what is great about our community. We have lots of choices, which is good, as no one is going to be able to please everybody. I started the thread to get input and learn from previous experiences of other members. I have seen the splitters on other cars, so I knew it was possible. I just figured I was missing something. It turned out I had a bad piece, which I discovered by calling Joel and working with him and his team. I made a mock up, and sent it to him, as well as discussed options on the phone. He sent my piece back, along with a new piece. I am finishing another project, and then will have time to finish the splitters. I am very confident that everything will work out , and can hardly wait to see the finished product. I think that if I had just called Joel up and jumped all over him, he would have simply offered to refund my money, as I was not going to give him a chance to make things work, but luckily, at the end of the day, we are both 993 enthusiasts, and we worked things out. I have never been one to post negative comments based on hearsay, regardless of how well I know the source. I base my opinions on experience, and in this instance, I have had nothing short of a positive experience with Joel and his team. Just saying.....

Emerald
Old 12-14-2010, 04:28 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jaa1
I have heard from a reliable source / forum member that above statement is 100% false.. I was shocked to hear the story, and certainly will not be giving any business to GT3 Tek...
We have been in business for over 23 years and have a great reputation for service after the sale so we patently reject your statement.

Our return policies are clearly posted on both of our company websites for all to see and even though we can stick strictly to those restocking fee policies, we normally make concessions to make our customers happy.
Customers that have problems with our parts are helped in every way possible including full refunds if the situation warrants that action.

If parts returned to us are damaged by the shipping company, then we are required to use the insurance provided by that company to reimburse the customer for the loss, we do not give refunds for damaged parts immeadiately due to the fact the customer could be paid by the shipping company and refunded by us essentially giving the customer a double refund and leaving us with nothing, not even the damaged parts.

We have to wait for the shipping company's decision on the insurance claim and if they disallow it, we will process a customer refund at that time. The time it takes to complete this process is something we cannot control and is entirely dependant on the shipping company and their claims dept.

I hope this helps clear possible misconceptions regarding our position on customer returns and returned parts damaged by the customer or shipping companies.

Happy Holidays,
Joel Bowman
General Manager GT3 Tek
Old 12-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jaa1
To each his own.

I purchased RS splitters from MA SHAW a few years ago, before the GT3Tek PU versions came out. Recently I purchased and installed the GT3Tek skirts, which I am happy with. If/when I need to replace my splitters, I WILL be purchasing them from GT3Tek.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:22 AM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Well, I finally got some free time, and a little decent weather, so I got things put back together. I will have to do better photos sometime on a nice sunny day, but this will have to do. I really like how things turned out. Joel was great to deal with, and I will be getting the side skirts in the near future. I decided to post a before and after, because I got caught by "while your in there "

I did a bumperette delete, then decided to try Joel's washer delete. The end results were very pleasing.

Happy Holidays...
Emerald
Attached Images   
Old 12-21-2010, 12:37 AM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking Good..... Can't wait to see more pics...
Old 12-21-2010, 08:41 AM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Thanks,
I'm tempted to go ahead and do turbo ducts......

Emerald
Old 12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you thinking about the Turbo S front brake ducts?
Old 12-21-2010, 11:29 AM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by e3photo
Well, I finally got some free time, and a little decent weather, so I got things put back together. I will have to do better photos sometime on a nice sunny day, but this will have to do. I really like how things turned out. Joel was great to deal with, and I will be getting the side skirts in the near future. I decided to post a before and after, because I got caught by "while your in there "

I did a bumperette delete, then decided to try Joel's washer delete. The end results were very pleasing.

Happy Holidays...
Emerald
Nice work!

That front end looks great. Is your car black or Aventurine?
Old 12-21-2010, 05:41 PM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by trophy
Are you thinking about the Turbo S front brake ducts?
Yeah, the Turbo S ducts. Everything came out looking so good, it makes the driving lights look bad.

Emerald

Quick Reply: GT3 TEK GT2 Splitters