payam972
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

again, thanks for all the help you have given me joel, stand up guy
Old 11-18-2010, 04:11 PM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the post Joel. I did not call because you told me when I purchased the splitters, that the center piece was going to be difficult. I was simply looking for feedback on other's experience. Fiberglass does not have any flex, and I understand there are going too be issues. I am not saying anything negative about you or your company, just working thru the rough fit. You have been a great person to deal with, and I plan on getting the side skirts when I am done installing splitters.

Thanks again for you help, and I apologize if you thought I was trying to bad mouth you or your company.

Emerald
Old 11-18-2010, 05:31 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by e3photo
Thanks for the post Joel. I did not call because you told me when I purchased the splitters, that the center piece was going to be difficult. I was simply looking for feedback on other's experience. Fiberglass does not have any flex, and I understand there are going too be issues. I am not saying anything negative about you or your company, just working thru the rough fit. You have been a great person to deal with, and I plan on getting the side skirts when I am done installing splitters.

Thanks again for you help, and I apologize if you thought I was trying to bad mouth you or your company.

Emerald
It was nice talking to you just now and we appreciate your apology but we want you to know that we never felt you were trying to bad mouth us. We immeadiately realized that you were really looking for fellow rennlisters to give you advice on what might work especially if they had fit the same parts to their 993's.
We know you did not intend to give negative input regarding our company or parts but unfortunately on web forums when there is any kind of negative wording, some people feel the need to chime in and take the thread a different direction which most times does nothing to help correct the problem.

Please rest assured we are doing everything possible to get the center section redone asap and out to you so you may finish your installation.

Cheers,
Joel & Armando
Old 11-18-2010, 06:39 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is a perfect example of the double edged sword that forums represent.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:05 PM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

It is also a great example of the dedication of one of our sponsors. I spoke with Joel and Armando at length, and they are intent on getting it right.

Emerald
Old 11-18-2010, 07:40 PM
trophy
Race Car

I agree completely. Many vendors have shown there commitment to rennlist and their members recently. I am one that votes with my wallet and will support all of them when I am looking for something.

Rennline did a great job on the GT3 forum re their motor mounts, and now Joel is doing the same here.

Well done
Old 11-18-2010, 11:12 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, Joel has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with in my experience. I have purchased a corbeau seat/harness/bracket and some wheel adapters from GT3tek and any questions or issues I had were handled professionally and promptly!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:47 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Joel, you just earned my business by the tone of your posts here. We all know that aftermarket body parts are going to require some work to fit, but having responsive and helpful vendors makes all the difference (Mike Shaw being a good example).

I'll call you when I'm ready to grab some side skirts for my chickster.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:24 AM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by e3photo
Well, I received my splitters from GT3 TEK, and have been trying to get them fitted. The set consists of three pieces, two splitters and a center piece. I had a little cutting and a couple of holes to drill, and the splitters mounted nicely. It took about a couple hours to get the splitters on. I was real pleased with how they looked. The center piece is the problem. It does not seem to match the curvature of the other two pieces. I have adjusted,done some grinding, and refitting, and come to the conclusion that it just aint going to work. My current plan is to cut the center piece and re-glass it,for a better fit. Any input from previous experience?
I e-mailed customer support, but did not get a reply. I think it will look sharp when I finally get it like I want.

Emerald
You know Emerald, i think the problem is that Bill, Mike and I aren't over there drinking your beer and giving you directions!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Joel, you just earned my business by the tone of your posts here. We all know that aftermarket body parts are going to require some work to fit, but having responsive and helpful vendors makes all the difference (Mike Shaw being a good example).
My thoughts exactly. Good job, Joel.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:55 PM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by vincer77
You know Emerald, i think the problem is that Bill, Mike and I aren't over there drinking your beer and giving you directions!
See..... I knew there was a simple explanation that I was missing. I mocked up a new piece and sent it to Joel, so you guys need to come over and drink beer when it comes back, so that the kharma will be good.

Emerald
Old 12-09-2010, 04:25 PM
trophy
Race Car

Hey Emerald, any update on the GT2 splitter, would love to see how the car is looking...
Old 12-09-2010, 09:53 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

One of the mods I'm looking to purchase is the RS full body kit. After reading this post, I'm convinced I should purchase from GT3 Tek. It sounds like they are great people to deal with.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

I ordered the 993 rockers from GT3Tek during the Halloween-Thanksgiving sale. They arrived in a day.

I have not been so good about installing them, but I plan to get them on tomorrow.

Joel has been great to deal with. I will let you know how the rockers fit, but many have already installed them with excellent results, so I don't expect that my experience will be any different.
Can't wait to get them on!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:19 PM
e3photo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by trophy
Hey Emerald, any update on the GT2 splitter, would love to see how the car is looking...
Well, you know how it goes when the "while your in there" hits.

I took off the front bumper cover and did a bumperett delete. The new piece arrived yesterday from Joel ( Thanks Joel ) and I am itching to check fitting, but I have to finish the delete, so I can put things back together. We also seemed to get hit with the cold weather early this year, so that is slowing me down.

I promise an update soon..........

Emerald

Quick Reply: GT3 TEK GT2 Splitters