Sponsored by:

LWF stalling on my 96

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:40 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LWF stalling on my 96

Am I the only one who is having stalling issues with a LWF on a 96. I read all the threads and most of the stalling issues are from MY 95's or 96-98's with some other issues. My RS clutch and LWF as well as a bunch of other things (belts, throttle control cable, rear main seal, distributor belt, new SAI check valve) were just completed a few weeks ago at EPE. Prior to the work at EPE I was hunting down misfire codes and changed out all the usual suspects, MAF, O2 sensors, plugs, wires. Rotors, caps were also checked by EPE, and determined to be fine. I am not throwing misfire codes anymore, idle has improved slightly, although it still idles better when the ac is on. I still get the wacky idle when driving and coming to a stop. I adjusted my driving habits for the LWF when coning to a stop, but sometimes it just stalls. Even when I first start car up it sometimes wants to stall. ISV is pristine I've cleaned it with carb cleaner 3 times in last 2 months. Vacuum leaks maybe. I would think when they dropped the motor for the clutch and did the motor work they would see or adjust any hoses that looked loose. Any help would be appreciated. I love the LWF but I am second guessing it with the stalling issues.

Last edited by cpdjfd107; 11-14-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: correction
Old 11-15-2010, 01:36 AM
Nollie
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a bit of stalling for the first few weeks after putting everything together after my LWF + other stuff last winter. Very annoying, I'd push in the clutch coming to a stop and the car would die. But it got less and less and finally went away (I drove around where there weren't many people for a bit lol), no stalling at all now, and loving the LWF.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Sorry to hear this.

I have a 96 C4S with a LWF/RS clutch and have never had a stalling problem with it. The only "problem" I've had is, I expected a much bigger bang for the buck. I found the change from DMF to LWF to be quite subtle.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:34 AM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Sorry to hear this.

I have a 96 C4S with a LWF/RS clutch and have never had a stalling problem with it. The only "problem" I've had is, I expected a much bigger bang for the buck. I found the change from DMF to LWF to be quite subtle.
Subtle, really?? I'm not a street racer or autocross guy but my car screws in 1st and especially 2nd/3rd gear when driving aggressively. I also had a few other things done at the time though so maybe it was a combination of the new parts. I replaced my DME relay with my "spare" one with the 993 part number and it seems to idle better. Hopefully that was all it takes.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:03 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same issue when I first got the car, but it went away, but it's a track only car so it's not that big a deal as a DD. Bring it back to Jerry or check online for a reprogrammed chip.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I had the same problem when my LWF was first installed. The computer eventually learns and the stalling stops. I had the problems again recently when my battery was disconnected. It took a little while for it to stop stalling but it did stop. My problems were most prevalant when it was hot outside and the a/c was ON. All is good now.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:20 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine stalled one time just after getting the install, since then I can hear the revs drop and then catch once in a while so it seems like it almost stalls occasionally but over the last several hundred miles it seems more stable. Hope yours improves, that would be a pain.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I have the GIAC Chip from Steve and there is no stalling at all. IMHO the best cure and very proven in practice.

Quick Reply: LWF stalling on my 96