I've got a disease, and the only cure is more cowbell... or a 993 track car

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 06:54 PM
atr911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...o-28k-obo.html

Do a search on his name for all threads that he has started.
Oops. Sorry. I just assumed that he had a screen name. Ha ha.

Thanks for the link though. I suppose that this car wouldn't qualify for any pca class correct?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by atr911
Oops. Sorry. I just assumed that he had a screen name. Ha ha.

Thanks for the link though. I suppose that this car wouldn't qualify for any pca class correct?
I believe it would run in GT2S (DOT tires) or GT2R (slicks) since it's a 3.6 motor. I also think that most of the guys in GT2 have made lots of internal changes, are running Motec and have short gears.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:04 PM
michaelh993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FD Stage III + MORE COWBELL! IF YA HAVE TO ASK, FORGET IT.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Jake G
Rennlist Member

+one more for the cowbell!

Jake
Old 08-27-2010, 02:12 AM
Evan Fullerton
Instructor

I believe it would run in GT2S (DOT tires) or GT2R (slicks) since it's a 3.6 motor. I also think that most of the guys in GT2 have made lots of internal changes, are running Motec and have short gears.
Correct, in its current form it would not be competitive in PCA. $40k in engine and transmission work would make it a front running PCA GT2 car but with a stock engine and trans it is not. It would be however very competitive in NASA's GTS3 class almost exactly as it sits.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Stuttgart951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95_993
"gonna want the cowbell on this track"
This is almost good enough to be made-to-order vinyl and slapped on the top of the rear window.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Evan Fullerton
Correct, in its current form it would not be competitive in PCA. $40k in engine and transmission work would make it a front running PCA GT2 car but with a stock engine and trans it is not. It would be however very competitive in NASA's GTS3 class almost exactly as it sits.
I think Bob Turgeon has a car that is similar to yours, and he does very well in NASA.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:05 PM
cohare
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Chris,

Nice to meet you at Summit. FYI, my car is still tagged and streetable. Motons ride better than Bilsteins, too.
Mark it was good to meet you too.

I know your car is street legal but, sans windows one would really need to trailer it wouldnt you think? I guess I meant, street car that still can be good on the track at a reasonable price. You have a true track car that can be used on the street IMO.

I have no doubt those motons ride better than the bilsteins both on and off the track. I would love to step up to Motons one day but, my driving skill needs to justify it. 4-5k in track time/lessons I think would do me better at this point. Fix the driver not the car.. haha.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cohare
Mark it was good to meet you too.

I know your car is street legal but, sans windows one would really need to trailer it wouldnt you think? I guess I meant, street car that still can be good on the track at a reasonable price. You have a true track car that can be used on the street IMO.

I have no doubt those motons ride better than the bilsteins both on and off the track. I would love to step up to Motons one day but, my driving skill needs to justify it. 4-5k in track time/lessons I think would do me better at this point. Fix the driver not the car.. haha.
Chris,

No, you could easily drive my car on the street, as well as to the track, without having to trailer it. My car still has the original, glass windows. They are more like side curtains, though. I can lower them down about 5" to let in air or take them out completely, storing them in the trunk.

Anyway, I was just commenting on your post where you said, "Couldnt ask for a better track 993 car that is still streatable." As nice as Jamie's car is, my car is a much more capable track car (that is still easily street-driven).
Old 08-27-2010, 12:22 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Unfortunatly, it's too nice to risk stuffing it at the track so I'm looking for a less special and more disposable car and a 993 instantly came to mind.

The modern Porsches are "more disposable" IMO...
Old 08-27-2010, 12:35 PM
cohare
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Chris,

No, you could easily drive my car on the street, as well as to the track, without having to trailer it. My car still has the original, glass windows. They are more like side curtains, though. I can lower them down about 5" to let in air or take them out completely, storing them in the trunk.

Anyway, I was just commenting on your post where you said, "Couldnt ask for a better track 993 car that is still streatable." As nice as Jamie's car is, my car is a much more capable track car (that is still easily street-driven).

I agree, that statement was a bit overzealous..
Old 08-27-2010, 12:40 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 19 Posts

(I win all my DEs)
How do you win a DE?
Old 08-27-2010, 01:44 PM
atr911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rome
The modern Porsches are "more disposable" IMO...
Originally Posted by 993Brendan
How do you win a DE?
You guys are too serious over here on the 993 board... I'm gonna go hang out with the 944 guys.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:56 PM
atr911
Burning Brakes

Chris,

Is yours for sale?
Old 08-27-2010, 02:04 PM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 993Brendan
How do you win a DE?
You bring your car home in one piece?

Quick Reply: I've got a disease, and the only cure is more cowbell... or a 993 track car