Sponsored by:

Just came back from visiting Heigo

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Smile

The Heigo bar was being sold by FVD. I needed the mounting feet and ordered them from FVD. Of course the parts came from Germany and took a while to get here, but they made it.

The Heigo cage is so "German", extremely well made, gorgeous to look at. I'd shoot some pics but I don't have the time to pull it out of the trailer today.

Originally Posted by P1CR
Doesn't Heigo sell a fully bolt-in rollbar? I almost ordered it from FVD a little while ago. But just checked their website and there are no bars at all. Just accessories and powdercoating options. Weird.

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...oof-coupe.html

This was for sale a little while ago. Note. No welding required. All Bolt-in
Old 07-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Akerlie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just came in from the garage and i found out that the legs that go backwards (don't know what to call them) are supposed to be bolted through the rear wheel arches

Damn, guess I will be selling my roll bar then

I ordered the simples bar from Heigo just assuming that it would be bolt in.
Heigo's site says nothing about which bars/cages are bolt in and which are weld in (at least I couldn't figure it out )
Old 07-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Smile That's true....

But sooner or later you are going to drill some holes in that car...trust me it doesn't hurt.

I was a bolt in purist for the longest time, then I realized I can always replace the "damaged" interior pieces. I also know that the car I paid over $60,000 for in 1999, isn't worth half that these days.

Her is a plan, remove the stock interior, get some RS door panels and a RS carpet kit...that's what I did.

Anyway sorry to hear the bar didn't work out for you. The DAS-sport bar is a true bolt in, NO holes to drill
Old 07-31-2010, 10:09 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martin S.
the best one I have seen is made by DAS-sport. Perhaps they sell them in Europe, don't know. They are extremely well made. and truly bolt in, no holes to drill. The vertical part of the bar connects into the "B" pillar using the seat belt bolt in area, the rearward facing tubing bolts into the rear passenger seat area. Personally, I was concerned about my DAS-sport bar, since my shoulder harness were connected to the bar that goes across the back of the seats, were I to put a real large "G" load on the shoulder belts in a frontal impact, the rearward tubing connectors that bolt into the rear passenger seat could shear off, and the bar could go forward pivoting from the "B" pillar connectors. But I an sure that is a highly unlikely event.
OK, I'm guessing you can't define "a highly unlikely event" but this got my attention, since I have the same piece. Is there any other place to anchor the belts, or is that just asking for a different kind of problem?

Quick Reply: Just came back from visiting Heigo