993 Forum 1995-1998

Show me your first aid kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 05:09 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
Do you have any pictures of those you could post?
TIA
JP
They look the same as yours. I have the front pocket for the triangle too.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:41 PM
deadhead1960
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of these as well. Came off a 1985 euro 911. The first aid kit is new and unopened (a very cool army green) and the safety triangle is quite heavy (about 4-5 lbs) and comes in a orange plastic sleeve/case that splits open in the middle. I'll open the bidding up at 500 euros
Old 07-26-2010, 06:05 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

for reference, Safety Triangle threads....
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...nk-pocket.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...nk-carpet.html

IIRC, the triangle is a required item in parts of Europe, but not here in the States, so that might begin to explain the lack of them in many of our cars, as they were never there in the first place.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:33 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by matt777
They look the same as yours. I have the front pocket for the triangle too.
Cool, thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by kjr914
for reference, Safety Triangle threads....
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...nk-pocket.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...nk-carpet.html

IIRC, the triangle is a required item in parts of Europe, but not here in the States, so that might begin to explain the lack of them in many of our cars, as they were never there in the first place.
Thanks Keith, I was so busy searching for threads about first aid kits that I completely missed this ....
Old 07-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

JP,

My car was Euro delivery and came with the first aid kit and triangle as you have pictured above. Confirming what others have said, these did not come with US cars and are/were required if you drive the car in Germany/possibly other European countries.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:29 PM
k722070
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

pics of the kit anyone?
I've always wondered what the little strap was for. I had an old mercedes with the full kit including the white gloves, very cool.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:34 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by k722070
pics of the kit anyone?
I've always wondered what the little strap was for. I had an old mercedes with the full kit including the white gloves, very cool.
If you have a single strap, you can see the closed kit secured under the strap in my '95 coupe in post number 1 above. I've never taken it out or opened it since it's only original once ...(I'm such a freak) ...
Old 07-26-2010, 09:49 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Texas993
JP,

My car was Euro delivery and came with the first aid kit and triangle as you have pictured above. Confirming what others have said, these did not come with US cars and are/were required if you drive the car in Germany/possibly other European countries.
I think that may be the case for all 993 production except early '95's and '94's. My car has both and was purchased new at Gaudin Porsche in Las Vegas, not european delivery as far as I can tell. Of course, a previous owner could have added the kit and triangle at a later date, but it seems unlikely they would have gotten a vintage black kit but some updated version from a dealer. Also, Johan, a.k.a. CaptainGSR here on Rennlist, posted to the second thread that Keith references above in post 18 that his early '95 car came with both:

"My early 95 has the pocket and triangle in it. I am guessing only the early cars have it?

which leads me to believe that my car came with them from the dealer. Having said that, I still think that they were items that the dealer's offered at an extra charge so some customers got them and some didn't. Why that stopped after '95 is a mystery but I think it's safe to assume that it was all under the direction of Zuffenhausen.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Andy Kay
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 79 Euro has a triangle. No interior pocket but I'm sure carpet was replaced at least once before I got it. I thought the triangle was some after market item the PO bought. Thanks for the education.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:03 AM
DanL993
button queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by k722070
pics of the kit anyone?
I use that strap to carry a spare quart of oil, wrapped securely in a plactic bag. It fits very snugly and invisibly.

My reading indicates these First Aid kits were a non-U.S item. IIRC there's even a reference in the PET or service manuals somewhere. I too have contemplated finding one of these kits, to stay "stock perfect" on the config. but since it's non-U.S. only, I have blown that one off.

Last edited by DanL993; 07-28-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:54 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DanL993
I use that strap to carry a spare quart of oil, wrapped securley in a plactic bag. It fits very snugly and invisibly.

My reading indicates these First Aid kits were a non-U.S item. IIRC there's even a reference in the PET or service manuals somewhere. I too have contemplated finding one of these kits, to stay "stock perfect" on the config. but since it's non-U.S. only, I have blown that one off.
I don't think you can make that assumption. The responses here indicate these were offered by U.S. dealers to new car buyers at an additional charge.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:14 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
I don't think you can make that assumption. The responses here indicate these were offered by U.S. dealers to new car buyers at an additional charge.
I don't see any evidence in this thread that those were offered by U.S. dealers to new car buyers. Just because Sunset can order them doesn't mean that dealers offered them new.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:29 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
I don't see any evidence in this thread that those were offered by U.S. dealers to new car buyers. Just because Sunset can order them doesn't mean that dealers offered them new.
No it doesn't. But, as far as I can tell from my records and verbal/documented history, my car came with both from the dealer when purchased new and according to the thread that Keith referenced above, so did Johan's (CaptainGSR). I realize it's not 'first person' account, and I can't speak for Johan but in my car's case, the parts are there, they look vintage/correct as does the rest of the car and a complete history of selling dealer service through 80,000 miles.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:31 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by bart1
I knew the carpet pouch was for the triangle in Germany (required by law).
he speakths the truth, triangle and first aid kit required by law in Germany and France and other ROW's at time of production
they added a fluo vest since a few years ago as well.
Mine came with both, red first aid kit held by two straps, and triangle, will post picture
prod date 06/97

original triangle 000.722.722.02
first aid kit 993.722.041.00
Old 07-27-2010, 12:55 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by geolab
he speakths the truth, triangle and first aid kit required by law in Germany and France and other ROW's at time of production
they added a fluo vest since a few years ago as well.
Mine came with both, red first aid kit held by two straps, and triangle, will post picture
prod date 06/97

original triangle 000.722.722.02
first aid kit 993.722.041.00
Oh yeah, please do, that's what I'm missing... A picture of a red kit that fits in the newer version "two securing straps" design. Is your red first aid kit approximately 28cm long x 23cm wide x 6cm thick? or is it some smaller version?
TIA
JP

Quick Reply: Show me your first aid kits