Sponsored by:

Claybar+GoldClass+Leatherique=Full Day

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 10:42 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Claybar+GoldClass+Leatherique=Full Day

As you might expect, I couldn't stand this filthy girl another second so out came the clay, carnuba and leather rescue kit. Looong day, but worth it. BTW, the car came with a brand new set of Yokohama Advan Neova tires and I'm REALLY impressed so far... Really decent in the rain coming back from Seattle, and when they get into hot weather, S-T-I-C-K-Y as all get out ... I bet they won't last 15K on the back ... Anyone else run these??

Here's todays finished product (sorry no interior shot, I'll work on it ....)

(There's that cute "little" butt .... Can't wait to get rid of those vanity plates, I haven't been holding onto 39 for 20 years ...)
Old 07-05-2010, 11:08 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP

As you might expect, I couldn't stand this filthy girl another second
Congrats -- clay & carnuba cleaned her classy Californian caboose commendably.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 283 Posts

I tend to like filthy girls, but this one would do as well...

Great car - congrats on finding a real treasure.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:02 AM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Lookin good! That thing is so cool.

How does it drive compared to your 95? (sorry I ask questions every time you post, just curious by nature I guess)
Old 07-06-2010, 12:42 AM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simply put-gorgeous!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:11 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by curve lover
Congrats -- clay & carnuba cleaned her classy Californian caboose commendably.
Yesh. Now that it's all shiny it looks even W-I-D-E-R!

Originally Posted by Nurburger
I tend to like filthy girls, but this one would do as well...
Great car - congrats on finding a real treasure.
Thanks. Like putting on a new dress, she looks more refined, but I don't think her 'attitude' has changed a bit ...

Originally Posted by rsr91128
Lookin good! That thing is so cool.

How does it drive compared to your 95? (sorry I ask questions every time you post, just curious by nature I guess)
I'm glad you asked, because I was really surprised at the big differences between the two cars. The '95's setup is stiffer (Walrod control arm bushings, new tie-rod ends, PSS10's, a little lower, etc.) and the power band on the '95 is more raw, coming on harder, earlier but with a tighter torque range between 2800RPM and 4000RPM. Also, it has factory short shift so that feels notchier and more precise, all in all more of a street racer type experience.
The '98 feels MUCH more refined and harmonious in the way it steers, accelerates, coasts and shifts. She's a real driver, if you know what I mean. I've had a few of these cars in the past, a '58 Speedster and a '72 911E that were the same, everything just works REALLY well together to create a driving experience that's almost effortless and the car feels like it just wants to be pushed and pushed. The Varioram system provides a much wider band of power, especially in the low RPM range where the '95 would balk and stutter. Also, the '98 has been fitted with R.O.W. M030 springs and struts (I'm assuming Monroe's) and I know there are many here that would detract from these struts but after experiencing them, I would highly recommend them for a street car. Really forgiving, but stiff and tight when you need it, no body roll at all, really digs in and sticks, yet soft and pliable over bumps and pot-holes with no harsh bouncing or steering feedback, plus the ride height is perfect, I haven't even come close to scraping the frontend and there was no scrape marks under the nose, so it must be working well. I really like it.

Originally Posted by 95C4VanIsle
Simply put-gorgeous!
Thanks, she's getting tighter every day ...
Old 07-06-2010, 11:16 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Great Job!! I was going to ask when did the factory put the basket handle third brake light on a C2S until I noticed that it is a cab and not a C2S?
Old 07-06-2010, 11:22 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
Great Job!! I was going to ask when did the factory put the basket handle third brake light on a C2S until I noticed that it is a cab and not a C2S?
Hi Harlan,
Actually, it is a C2S, 1 of the 5 Beverly Hills Porsche conversions done through the Porsche Exclusive program and sold new as C2S Cab's back in '98. See my original post from a couple of days ago when I introduced her as my new girlfriend ... And, of all things, I found her in Seattle after having moved away to Northern California in May ....

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=66492
Old 07-06-2010, 11:56 AM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Arena = Best PCar color ever. Very nice looking!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:44 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow JP! A "rare bird", Sweet!! I just saw your other post! Congratulations!!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Fünfer
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=JPP;7711797]As you might expect, I couldn't stand this filthy girl another second so out came the clay, carnuba and leather rescue kit. Looong day, but worth it. BTW, the car came with a brand new set of Yokohama Advan Neova tires and I'm REALLY impressed so far... Really decent in the rain coming back from Seattle, and when they get into hot weather, S-T-I-C-K-Y as all get out ... I bet they won't last 15K on the back ... Anyone else run these??

I got those tires on my car. Haven't driven them in the rain, as I am not driving the car in the rain. But they are pretty sticky tires in the dry. Though not sticky enough to have me avoid a 360 in my first autocross.

But that could have been more my driving than the tires

Quick Reply: Claybar+GoldClass+Leatherique=Full Day