Option Code sticker replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 04:59 PM
ande5000
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Option Code sticker replacement

Hello Rennlisters,

My '96 993 is missing its option code sticker that is normally found (I think) on the underside of the trunk lid. Would like to know if anyone knows how to obtain a replacement sticker.

Mine is a RoW car originally sold in Canada with a RoW WPOZZZ VIN, and my local dealer parts guy tells me he can't pull up the VIN on Porsche's US system to even begin to investigate.

I can pretty much tell what options it has anyway by looking at it (not sure about code 220 LSD, but don't think so), but would like to have the sticker anyway for originality. Any answers are appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-07-2010, 05:19 PM
strost
Intermediate

... you should see a second data sticker in the service manual. If all requests fail then it's maybe an idea to scan this and print it out on a blank white adhesive?

Stefan
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2010, 05:24 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 188 Posts

If you have the original manual, an identical option sticker will be on page 1.

If you have the VIN you can email Ric Knab (rknab@sunsetautogroup.com) of Suncoast Porsche in Sarasota, Florida and he will run it through the system and give you back the following:

* Paint Code
* Interior Trim Code
* Options Code List
* Warranty Start/Stop Dates
* Open/Completed Recall Campaigns

Or you can follow this link.

Best of luck!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:30 PM
ande5000
Rennlist Member

Ok, thanks for the tip. Not sure why the dealer here can't "git 'r done".

Dave
Old 06-07-2010, 07:50 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
If you have the original manual, an identical option sticker will be on page 1.

If you have the VIN you can email Ric Knab (rknab@sunsetautogroup.com) of Suncoast Porsche in Sarasota, Florida and he will run it through the system and give you back the following:

* Paint Code
* Interior Trim Code
* Options Code List
* Warranty Start/Stop Dates
* Open/Completed Recall Campaigns

Or you can follow this link.

Best of luck!
Don't want to hijack the thread but thought others my benefit from my relation question and the knowledgeable folk's response here. So....

My 2006 TT has neither a sticker under the trunk lid nor the one that everyone says should be in the manual. I know the manual is original since it was only a two-owner car and has the original owner information along with service documentation at the selling and servicing dealer. Could this just be a case of the stickers being misplaced and not applied? Not sure why but the original owner lived in CA but the car was ordered an delivery documented in Baton Rouge LA and then serviced from then on in CA. Thoughts?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:54 PM
jhale
Pro

Funny, mine has the hood sticker but not the manual sticker.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:35 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are looking for a exact replica I can't help but if you can come up with the option codes I may know somebody with a template for the stickers. If you would like to know how to get a hold of one for free let me know in a PM as this is not for dealers to recreate missing stickers or false service books. The format is not in the exact font but it is better than nothing. The stickers are different for the hood and book.

Last edited by rsr91128; 03-23-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:41 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ande5000
I can pretty much tell what options it has anyway by looking at it (not sure about code 220 LSD, but don't think so), but would like to have the sticker anyway for originality. Any answers are appreciated. Thanks!

If your car has LSD it will also have ABD and the associated lights that operate when you turn on the ignition in the oil temp/pressure gauge. The lights are in all cars but only light up in cars with it, they are in the top left of the gauge IIRC.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:24 AM
ande5000
Rennlist Member

Erik....I'll PM you re: my option codes.

Nope, no ABD light on key turn. Really appreciate the info, thanks!

Dave
Old 06-08-2010, 05:03 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 223 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by 96PorscheTwinTurbo
Don't want to hijack the thread but thought others my benefit from my relation question and the knowledgeable folk's response here. So....

My 2006 TT has neither a sticker under the trunk lid nor the one that everyone says should be in the manual. I know the manual is original since it was only a two-owner car and has the original owner information along with service documentation at the selling and servicing dealer. Could this just be a case of the stickers being misplaced and not applied? Not sure why but the original owner lived in CA but the car was ordered an delivery documented in Baton Rouge LA and then serviced from then on in CA. Thoughts?
Porsche dont use the sticker under the hood anymore, stopped somewhere in the 996 range IIRC
Old 06-08-2010, 10:49 AM
98_993_cab
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jhale
Funny, mine has the hood sticker but not the manual sticker.
If it it helps, the actual booklet is titled 'Maintenance' (to avoid any confusion with 'owners manual').
Old 06-08-2010, 10:57 AM
s4for5
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dealer installs the stickers, or not

I have been told that the cars arrived with the stickers on a seperate sheet.
The dealership is supposed to put one on the book and the other on the car.
Not all dealers do as they should as many left it up the the salesperson to fulfill the delivery details.
We all know how that could go.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 AM
jnicol
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s4for5
I have been told that the cars arrived with the stickers on a seperate sheet.
The dealership is supposed to put one on the book and the other on the car.
Not all dealers do as they should as many left it up the the salesperson to fulfill the delivery details.
We all know how that could go.
Interesting... I was under the impression that these stickers were a form of ensuring authenticity of an unmolested 993. Perhaps this theory does not hold water.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:01 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_993_cab
If it it helps, the actual booklet is titled 'Maintenance' (to avoid any confusion with 'owners manual').
Thanks,

That sure makes sense in my case I as know the car is original and have history back to the original dealer. Seems that mine is one that, for whatever reason, just did not get the stickers put on. Ah well....its good for a recovering perfectionist to accept these small nuisances.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:55 PM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

In someone needs a underhood new sticker, I could do a new one very close to the OEM. Not 100% exactly but using similar font, the same label sticker size, you could get it, if you have the maintenance book with all the codes/VIN, etc.
It couldn't replace the OEM as a true copy, to sell the car or act as a fake.
It's just for yourself, if the car lost or was repainted.

Just PM me

Quick Reply: Option Code sticker replacement