993 Forum 1995-1998

EP6110 Big ovals

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts
Default EP6110 Big ovals

those are the tips I got with my WB swag. From going thru the search, it appears they are NB and TT tips, and I need the offset inlet EP7110 version.

Correct?

So, what options are currently available for getting wide ovals for my WB...and NO I'm not spending $600 to get them from Gert-that's just WAAAAy too much money. SO, any other current options besides oem?

I read Darin and Mark were tinkering with it, but not yet available. Is it even possible to rebuild these for WB use?

What woud these tips be worth?-slight scuff's on bottom, but otherwise pretty nice.

Thanks all
Old 05-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check Fisters web site. $99 bucks!

Gl
Old 05-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I might be interested in the NB tips. Can you forward me pics?
Old 05-31-2010, 04:43 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

Magdaddy,
I am in the same boat and have been researching this. wrote to Fister motorsports and he said they had it in planning but were swamped right now and not sure when they'd get to it. For WB they don't seem to come up used OEM very often. I am probably going to go with these. The best I can find shape wise look like maxspeed motorsports. They are the correct width/height for OEM ovals. I preferred without the rolled tip but otherwise these look good and from old posts a good company to deal with and reasonable quality. Reasonable price and could wait a long time till someone else makes them.

http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/993sovaltips.html

Fabspeed also sells some but they look a bit smaller to me (though haven't seen in person and can't find measurements). I have had one of their exhausts and very good quality mufflers and tips.
http://www.fabspeed.com/993.html

hopefully others will chime in if they have heard of some others. I would guess your tips would be worth quite a bit given how rare they are. But i believe the TT and NB, while can work are not exactly the same - different lengths though correct in that neither is offset. Just might stick out too far or not far enough depending on which car they go on - seem to look OK either way.

bill
Old 05-31-2010, 11:09 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I had the EP 6110 on my NB before I found some brand new EP5110 locally for 230 USD. They 5110 looked good.The EP 5110 just stick out a little bit more.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...aust-tips.html
Old 05-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clib
I am probably going to go with these. The best I can find shape wise look like maxspeed motorsports. They are the correct width/height for OEM ovals. I preferred without the rolled tip but otherwise these look good and from old posts a good company to deal with and reasonable quality. Reasonable price and could wait a long time till someone else makes them.

http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/993sovaltips.html
fwiw, I had a pair of those and they looked funky (the rolled tip is too thick, imho) and worst of all they ended up rattling at idle. I think they are the same tips that FVD Brombacher sells, too.

I think I might have some pics with them on the car.

I ended up biting the bullet and got the OEMs after Darin told me his wouldn't be ready for a while. Very happy with the OEMs, btw.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:06 AM
clib
Rennlist Member

that is interesting. could you tell what was rattling? If you have some pics please post. The only other feedback I could find on them was OK. but agree, the rolled tip is no comparison for the OEM straight edge
Old 06-01-2010, 03:53 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clib
that is interesting. could you tell what was rattling? If you have some pics please post. The only other feedback I could find on them was OK. but agree, the rolled tip is no comparison for the OEM straight edge
An inside weld broke. If you pushed up on it, it would stop rattling (it wasn't installation, it was the tip itself.)

I couldn't return them because a few weeks later I scraped the bottoms of them on a driveway. It was after the rattling started, but no way to prove it of course. The scrapes are minor, but no doubt they'd blame me for the weld breaking. I still have them sitting in the garage. Not too happy with the quality or the looks, despite the rattling.

Here are some crops of the car with both tips. The one with the Maxspeeds was taken last year (the light was different, etc., so the colors don't match; car is Polar Silver.)

Sorry, the OEM tips are a bit dirty. The aftermarket ones look like they belong on an old Triumph or MG, imho. I can post pics from a distance, too, if the crops don't work for you.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:36 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 225 Likes on 184 Posts

NB, WB & TT tips are all different. The NB tips have the take off pipe on the rear centred, the WB & TT ones have this pipe offset on both sides, the difference between the WB & TT is the distance they stick out from the PU, both will fit either WB or TT. The NB ones are only good for NB cars

HTH
Old 06-01-2010, 12:17 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 911PERVY
NB, WB & TT tips are all different. The NB tips have the take off pipe on the rear centred, the WB & TT ones have this pipe offset on both sides, the difference between the WB & TT is the distance they stick out from the PU, both will fit either WB or TT. The NB ones are only good for NB cars

HTH
This is incorrect. NB and TT tips are centered. TT tips are shorter than NB tips. Only non-TT WB tips are offset. This is because they use the same mufflers as NB cars, so the tips need to be offset for the WB bumper. TT's have a completely different set of mufflers that do not require the offset tips.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:27 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
those are the tips I got with my WB swag. From going thru the search, it appears they are NB and TT tips, and I need the offset inlet EP7110 version.

Correct?

So, what options are currently available for getting wide ovals for my WB...and NO I'm not spending $600 to get them from Gert-that's just WAAAAy too much money. SO, any other current options besides oem?

I read Darin and Mark were tinkering with it, but not yet available. Is it even possible to rebuild these for WB use?

What woud these tips be worth?-slight scuff's on bottom, but otherwise pretty nice.

Thanks all

Take a cheesy WB tip and hacked it apart. Take wide Fat NB tip cut off and weld to WB bent pipe. There are no better looking tips than the OEM wide ovals period.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:55 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

that picture says it all. I could live with the rolled tip but the whole shape is wrong - to squished top to bottom. Don't understand why that shape/style is so hard to replicate. may have to bite the bullet also. just expensive for what they are.

thanks

bill

Originally Posted by Canyon56
An inside weld broke. If you pushed up on it, it would stop rattling (it wasn't installation, it was the tip itself.)

I couldn't return them because a few weeks later I scraped the bottoms of them on a driveway. It was after the rattling started, but no way to prove it of course. The scrapes are minor, but no doubt they'd blame me for the weld breaking. I still have them sitting in the garage. Not too happy with the quality or the looks, despite the rattling.

Here are some crops of the car with both tips. The one with the Maxspeeds was taken last year (the light was different, etc., so the colors don't match; car is Polar Silver.)

Sorry, the OEM tips are a bit dirty. The aftermarket ones look like they belong on an old Triumph or MG, imho. I can post pics from a distance, too, if the crops don't work for you.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:06 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I would love to find a pair of NB big oval tips.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:06 PM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 225 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
This is incorrect. NB and TT tips are centered. TT tips are shorter than NB tips. Only non-TT WB tips are offset. This is because they use the same mufflers as NB cars, so the tips need to be offset for the WB bumper. TT's have a completely different set of mufflers that do not require the offset tips.
Yes, sorry, you are correct, it was far too early to post a sensible reply that was correct!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:17 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911PERVY
Yes, sorry, you are correct, it was far too early to post a sensible reply that was correct!
it actually wasn't that early. I posted the same information in the 3rd response on this thread. but I realize we rarely read the preceding posts in a thread.....

Quick Reply: EP6110 Big ovals