first mod, pictures+stuff

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 12:45 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy

Just got back from my wife's first drive in it. She smiles just as much as I do! She loves the sport seats, and how everything sounds/feels-but why wouldn't she? She's hooked!
Joe-- Beautiful 993, wonderful wife. You're blessed!

P.S.
Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Old 05-31-2010, 12:57 PM
zechunique
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations Joe!

I love that first pic - instant classic! Beautiful car too! Love that wide body...

We're all looking forward to your ongoing upgrades and other content!
Old 05-31-2010, 02:00 PM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrates!
Love your current avatar-SENNA RULES! but if you change to your first pix that's okay too!
Polar Silver & Sports Seat ROCKS!
Having a wife who can stick shift?! and likes it! DANG! you're a one lucky man...
Here comes that steep slippery slopes...
Enjoy.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:08 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been following the search saga! I'm glad you finally found your car!! Congrats!
Old 05-31-2010, 03:15 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

If you look closely at the first photo, it's pretty clear that Magdaddy is just Jay Leno with the fake Groucho Marx eyeglasses/moustache disguise on...
Old 05-31-2010, 04:05 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Had me fooled with the photo of "extras," too. Hmmm......now I'm thinking with all I have laying around, COULD we do something like an Atom made up of castoff 993 parts???? (Damn, cousin had to go get a real job with Apple a couple of weeks ago.)

So we know you'll enjoy. And probably more than that guy who wrote the big check for the "gotta have a GT3RS this weekend"? I'll wager so.

I'll close by asking what is it with the rest of you guys and your wives who won't drive the cars? Note, I refuse to say "can't." Karen even suggested interest in driving ours again after hearing Joe's is enjoying it. Maybe it's like our situation? The sad truth here is that her only driving is the 6 mile daily round trip to a BART parking lot, or maybe a few miles to an urban shopping district on the weekend. There's really no reason to own a Porsche street car living in our area.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
I'll close by asking what is it with the rest of you guys and your wives who won't drive the cars? Note, I refuse to say "can't." Karen even suggested interest in driving ours again after hearing Joe's is enjoying it. Maybe it's like our situation? The sad truth here is that her only driving is the 6 mile daily round trip to a BART parking lot, or maybe a few miles to an urban shopping district on the weekend. There's really no reason to own a Porsche street car living in our area.
In my case, my wife...(we can call her miss "peace & quiet" for now) just doesn't like loud cars even if they sound "cool or car-appropriate". Frankly, loud cars going by our house annoy me too...living in the country will do that to you. I feel guilty about the noise my car makes to others but am just addicted to the sound when I am driving. Plus it gives me Porsche street-cred!
I have always wished miss peace & quite would like my cars the way I do...but as great as she is in every OTHER way, no such luck on the sports car front.

QUOTE FROM GOOFBALL DELUXE...

If you look closely at the first photo, it's pretty clear that Magdaddy is just Jay Leno with the fake Groucho Marx eyeglasses/moustache disguise on...

I couldnt put my finger on it, but I think you nailed it. Great fun...shows just how much fun the 993 RL-er's are
Old 05-31-2010, 11:43 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts
Default another mod done

Chris Walrod gauge rings...need more alu bits inside
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2010, 12:44 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Joe, the car looks good!

So did you end up with an extra st of Bilsteins? If so, are you looking to sell?
Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Let the sickness begin!

You should also get some wide oval tips.....

Quick Reply: first mod, pictures+stuff