Sponsored by:

first mod, pictures+stuff

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 201 Posts
Default first mod, pictures+stuff

been a busy day with other family type stuff/lawn maintenance, etc. Just had enough time late afternoon, to hand wash it for the first time(good thing you only need one hand to hold a wash mit...if you know what I mean, nudge, nudge, wink, wink)bolt in the sport seats, take some pictures, and go for a short drive.

Anyway, I got lots of stuff with the car. Seems Todd wanted out of the 993 business completely. So I got:
-stock solid twists, pretty nice shape with Pirelli P Zero Rosso's on the fronts,and Sumi HTR Z lll's rear. tread looks very nice on all four-damn near new.
-stock steering wheel with airbag
-all stock suspension, struts, springs, sway bars
-oem turbo tail with grill and screen
-oem wide oval tips, not new...but very nice-they'll go on when the Stage lll's get here
-new set of oem brake pads

I'll sell the wheels, turbo tail, and probably the stock steering wheel, maybe the front Pirelli's too. Probably keep the Sumi's, but still not sure. I need to get a spare battery for the immobilizer remote, a spare DME relay, a couple cases of Mobil 1, and some oil filters.

Well the first mod was putting in the sport seats. I think it's easier to get in the car with the sport seats, than the stockers. They're simply beautiful, and the Polar silver backs look damn close to Arctic to me...especially inside. Considering getting black rear seats too, or maybe just the Lloyd's C4S rug in black for when the seats are folded down. I'm gonna get the doublestick tape and get the gauge rings installed tomorrow.

I'm very impressed with how strong this car pulls, and the song from the flat six at WOT right now is beautiful. The car has a Motorsound airbox, with K&N filter, lower engine tray removed-but I have it. The car has stock mufflers, not motorsound one's..that'll change soon-Thanks Darin! I simply can't imagine what this baby will sound like then...joy!

Future "want" mods; Stage lll's and clear stone guards coming,rear split grill, Gert bar, some kinda alu/leather shifter/e brake handle/front lower S spoiler, s ducts w/Piaa's and clear corners-probably not a Euro bumper unless I can find one-gotta dig into this more. Also, probably gonna get one of the jack blocks from Robin. Some kinda quality HID upgrade, Rennline pedal set, and thinking about a silver crest for the hood, and wheel center caps. The center caps are from the 993 twists, and don't really match the wheels on the car. I imagine the stock caps for those wheels(996TTS) said TURBO on them.

Well, all that time I used to spend looking for a car, will be spent researching the mods...oh, and driving the car too.

That's all for now folks! Have a great weekend all!

I can't express how much your comradere and encouragement has meant to me, thank you all!
Attached Images     
Old 05-29-2010, 10:42 PM
verhag
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great Joe! Seats are outstanding, I like the steering wheel....I love your first pic!

Congratulations....and you got the best color possible to boot.

Denny
Old 05-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice Joe. Great 1st picture!

Those sport seats look awesome, I'd leave them as is. I have an 'extra' DME that I'll trade for those solid spokes

On second thought....just PM me your address, and I'll send you that extra relay as a gift for your new 'arrival'.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:58 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Looks awesome. I'm really diggin the two-tone effect on the inside. Are the shifter and hand brake still grey? They'd really look nice in black to complement the wheel and seats. Everything you touch in black, everything else grey.

Enjoy your new ride!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:22 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love that first picture!

Beautiful car. I like that RS steering wheel.

chuck
Old 05-29-2010, 11:35 PM
DesertBighorn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by verhag
Looks great Joe! Seats are outstanding, I like the steering wheel....I love your first pic!

Congratulations....and you got the best color possible to boot.

Denny
Congrats!! +1 Great first pic!!! It should be your avatar!!

Last edited by DesertBighorn; 05-30-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:03 AM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Cool, looks like you are well on your way

I have 996 TTS wheels on my Arctic Silver 4s also, my wheels have matching painted center caps.
Attached Images  
Old 05-30-2010, 01:28 AM
SM Racing
Instructor

Gotta love them Sport Seats!

Cheers on the purchase!
Old 05-30-2010, 02:31 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Love that first pic although I think your alignment is out

Old 05-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

I think you absolutly should make that first pic your sig picture. Its freeking awsome. very inventive.

Nice addition by the way.

Jeff
Old 05-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 144 Posts

Great stuff!
Old 05-30-2010, 11:12 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
Love that first pic although I think your alignment is out

+1

You gotta find a shop that can handle the KT properly

Congrats again, looks to be a very nice weekend for you
Old 05-30-2010, 11:31 AM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations, you got some very nice upgrades, especially those seats. Have fun!
Old 05-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 201 Posts

[QUOTE=Kiwi Carguy;7613598]Love that first pic although I think your alignment is out

yea, I went for a pure street driving setup...looking for a carbon fiber garbage can for the wing support. What would you call that then...trash bling!

Just got back from my wife's first drive in it. She smiles just as much as I do! She said it is much easier to drive than she thought it would be. She loves the sport seats, and how everything sounds/feels-but why wouldn't she?

We have a family party this afternoon, about a 50 minute drive thru some of the nicest twisty bits around. I was hoping to take the C4S, but since I WILL be drinking, my wife had to do the return home drive. So, off we go on her first drive...about a half dozen or so gear shifts in, and a handful of big throttle jabs too, and she glances over at me and says "yea, we can take this to the party"

Funny, with every manual tranny vehicle she has owned...which was everything until the newest(Mazda Cx-7, great drivetrain)she was a granny shifter, really lugged the motor. After a brief-"you can let it rev" discussion, nothing but pure flat six goodness. She's hooked!

It's all good!
Old 05-30-2010, 12:40 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice! Your first picture shows that you do, in fact, have "it" BAD!
My wife loved driving my 993 too...until I got the Fister III's that is. She thinks they are too loud (from the outside, not in) and now has reverted back to her wholly uninterested mode.

So be forewarned, you may end up having to love your 993 all on your own when you mod...but hey, you only live once!

btw, love the sport seats. I have them in mine too and feel there is no better. Enjoy your beautiful ride.

Quick Reply: first mod, pictures+stuff