Sponsored by:

6 pt harness, DAS rollbar, and Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:49 AM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

On an interesting note, there are some 4 pt harnesses that are coming out that look promising. They are currently only approved for a few models of car (not Porsche).

The way they work is similar to a 3 pt. The 3 pt works (as explained to me by an HMS seat belt guru) by introducing a twist to your body as you fly into them, thus assisting in the prevention of your body sliding out from under the lap belt.

The 4 pts for the other models work similarly, where the two shoulder straps stretch differently, introducing the same twist in your torso, thus, at least according to the mfgr, negating the need for the anti sub. I don't know, however, if that is street, DE, race, or what.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:06 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JPS
On an interesting note, there are some 4 pt harnesses that are coming out that look promising. They are currently only approved for a few models of car (not Porsche).

The way they work is similar to a 3 pt. The 3 pt works (as explained to me by an HMS seat belt guru) by introducing a twist to your body as you fly into them, thus assisting in the prevention of your body sliding out from under the lap belt.

The 4 pts for the other models work similarly, where the two shoulder straps stretch differently, introducing the same twist in your torso, thus, at least according to the mfgr, negating the need for the anti sub. I don't know, however, if that is street, DE, race, or what.
Who makes those? Was it Schroth? I remember seeing something about that - it was done by having more stretch in one side of the belt than the other.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:51 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rw229
Not sure about a 6 point harness and interference with the seat frame, but here is a reclining Sparco that was modified for a 5 point. If the sub-belt mounting/routing will work, any good upholstery shop should be able to add the ports.
Can't see from the pictures, but are you using seat back braces with those seats? I hope so.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:56 AM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CalvinC4S
Great looking car rw229!
Why, thank you.

Originally Posted by canysmc
Can't see from the pictures, but are you using seat back braces with those seats? I hope so.
No braces. I think about that and some padding on the top hoop all the time. Does anyone make an adjustable bolt-on brace for the DAS bar?

Quick Reply: 6 pt harness, DAS rollbar, and Sport Seats