Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Carseats - The definative list

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 01:43 AM
cgjgj
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using the Cosco with the mighty/tite and it works perfectly !!!
Old 04-26-2015, 11:12 AM
marin77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought the Evenflow SureRide Titan 65 and it fits well in forward facing use in my 96 coupe without the need to remove the back of the seat (I tried both and it actually fits better with the seat back on given the shape of the car seat). Installed my son in the seat and he seemed comfy although he did not have much room for his legs even though the passenger seat was all the way fwd (Note: I have the RUF sports seats so not sure if he would have had more space with OEM seats). First drive this afternoon. Will edit if needed.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:12 AM
_snowbird_
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a FS post about the old OEM Porsche booster seat, which fits properly in the rear seat of the 993. This is it:

Does anyone have experience with the newer version of the OEM booster seat in their 993? I'm having a tough time finding an aftermarket booster that fits.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:11 PM
J.O.
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bri

FYI - I tried to use the Rennline anchors with a Chicco convertible car seat we already owned and I couldn't get it to work. The base was too large and with the Rennline anchors you can't get the back of the carseat all the way back in the seat because they hit the base of the seat. I tried installing it with the seat belt instead but everything is in the back and I couldn't really get to it in the back seat of the car.

I ended up using the Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible. The ClickTight system works by opening up the front of the car seat and the seat belt goes through the carseat and then pushing it back down takes up the slack in the belt and pulls it all tight. It was very tight to get the seat back down and it was right at the limit of the rear seat belt but it is very snug into the back seat.

My only worry is if my seat belt will retract again (it is pulled very tight) after using this seat for a few years.

Quick Reply: Carseats - The definative list