Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Planning to sell wheels & seats, and looking for price input.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010 | 01:41 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Default Planning to sell wheels & seats, and looking for price input.

Seats first. They are Sparco Roadster seats and are in very good shape. These will definitely be for medium to small-framed people. I'm 6'4" 220# 36" waist, and these things are painful for me. But for someone smaller, they might be an awesome performance road seat. Looks like they go for $1200 new for a pair. Any thoughts on price? I'm thinking $600 + shipping.

Wheels... These are CCW Classic wheels that the PO had made custom. These were his perfect wheelset to maximize contact area (width) and understeer (extra meat up front). They are 18x10.5 in the rear and 18x9.5 in the front. He and I ran Toyo Proxes T1R tires on them: 285/30R18 and 245/35R18. The front left wheel has had some minor repair, and I had no more issues with it after the repair. I will get some detailed photos of the wheels up later this week, but here are a couple of photos of the car with the wheels. I will happily leave the tires on, but the rears aren't good enough to drive down the street on. The fronts might have 50% life left.

http://www.ccwheel.com/files/wheelpr...php?id=Classic

I don't have the offsets handy, but these were on my lowered NB 993, and I did not experience rubbing. The PO may have had the fenders rolled, but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts on price? These go for $2400 new.

Old 05-18-2010 | 02:03 PM
1irondog
Advanced

can you please post pics of the seats??
Old 05-18-2010 | 02:07 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Are these the same seats you were selling two years ago?

Andreas
Old 05-18-2010 | 02:13 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Are these the same seats you were selling two years ago?

Andreas
Indeed! I've also since determined the aroma is '993 smell'... just the scent of oil and other stuff, not cigarette smoke.

The photo below is from the PO, but I will get some taken later this week.

Old 05-18-2010 | 06:11 PM
RDS928S
Banned

Do the seats come with all the brackets/slideds etc as shown in your car?
What are the backs made off:fiberglass?

Thanks Rich
Old 05-18-2010 | 06:39 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RDS928S
Do the seats come with all the brackets/slideds etc as shown in your car?
What are the backs made off:fiberglass?

Thanks Rich
I will include the side mounts, but they are not in pristine condition. No sliders are included.

EDIT: Yes, fiberglass backs. Here's a photo and some description. They're very light seats. http://www.diseno-art.com/products/r..._roadster.html
Old 05-18-2010 | 06:52 PM
RDS928S
Banned

ok, whats wrong with them not to make them Pristine?

Rich
Old 05-18-2010 | 06:55 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RDS928S
ok, whats wrong with them not to make them Pristine?

Rich
Some hogging out of some of the slots for some failed mounting efforts, and some scratching. I tried (and failed) to make them work with my Sparco Evo 2 Plus seats. I suggest not factoring them into your cost/benefit analysis and considering them to be gravy if they meet your needs. I will include photos of them on Thursday (hopefully) when I get the camera out.
Old 05-18-2010 | 07:17 PM
User 122821
Pro

pm on the wheels.
Old 05-18-2010 | 07:24 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Jerrod, best of luck with the sale. I remember you gave me the wheel sizes and offsets previously and they were extremely well spec'd for track. CCW makes some of the strongest, light wheels on the market. They are probably in the 19lb range. If you find the offset specs, please post them for future reference.
Old 05-18-2010 | 07:26 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

PM's responded to. Since this has turned into a For Sale ad, I will comply with the letter and spirit of the RL rules. I have offered to sell the wheels for $1400+shipping. I'm still open to constructive input on prices. I have perfect feedback on eBay, and have done many successful deals selling electric guitar gear on another board.
Old 05-18-2010 | 07:30 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Avid Fan
Jerrod, best of luck with the sale. I remember you gave me the wheel sizes and offsets previously and they were extremely well spec'd for track. CCW makes some of the strongest, light wheels on the market. They are probably in the 19lb range. If you find the offset specs, please post them for future reference.
Louis, thanks for the input. I can always do this the old fashioned way and measure the offsets too. I will be back in town tomorrow night and will get out a measuring instrument.
Old 05-18-2010 | 08:12 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just my $0.02. I have a Sparco Roadster in my CSP Miata. A very comfortable seat. Specifically, it has lower seat bottom bolsters so it's much easier to get in and out than, Say, something like Recaro SRD. Which is rally invaluable in a daily driven car.

And it still holds me in place well. in a regular Miata seats my knees are raw from whacking th side plastic by the end of the day. I had the same problem in a 993 with Recaro Speed seat. Sparco Roadster, however, keeps me in place just fine and my knees do not hit door or center tunnel at all.

I've taken 8+ hour drives in Sparco Roadster as well. Felt fine, especially if one puts some small lumbar under their back. In short, a very good seat. The price is right too.

PS. No affiliation, not even for a fellow member of SY mafia
Old 05-18-2010 | 08:25 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nile13
Just my $0.02. I have a Sparco Roadster in my CSP Miata. A very comfortable seat. Specifically, it has lower seat bottom bolsters so it's much easier to get in and out than, Say, something like Recaro SRD. Which is rally invaluable in a daily driven car.

And it still holds me in place well. in a regular Miata seats my knees are raw from whacking th side plastic by the end of the day. I had the same problem in a 993 with Recaro Speed seat. Sparco Roadster, however, keeps me in place just fine and my knees do not hit door or center tunnel at all.

I've taken 8+ hour drives in Sparco Roadster as well. Felt fine, especially if one puts some small lumbar under their back. In short, a very good seat. The price is right too.

PS. No affiliation, not even for a fellow member of SY mafia
Mike, agreed. When I imagine myself as a smaller man (ain't gonna happen... I'm not fat, just big), I think the Roadsters must be just about the perfect compromise of performance, comfort, weight, and convenience. Even my Evo 2 Pluses are a PITA getting in and out, but the Roadsters were not. Unfortunately, they bruise my hips.

Someone slightly smaller will dig 'em though.
Old 05-18-2010 | 08:33 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh, forgot to mention, I'm about 5'9", 165 lbs, size 32. Roadster is fine for me and has a little bit of room for me to grow (don't tell my GF). But I imagine a larger guy would be a little cramped in them.

If anyone in Boston area is interested in your seats, Jerrod, they are more than welcome to try one in my Miata for fit and feel.

Quick Reply: Planning to sell wheels & seats, and looking for price input.