Sponsored by:

Took Sparco Roadster seats out of my car... looking for price feedback

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Took Sparco Roadster seats out of my car... looking for price feedback

I took a set of Sparco Roadsters out of my car and plan to sell them. The seats are in very good, but not perfect condition. There is some faint smoke smell, but I will go after them with baby wipes again. They should be pretty much odor free when they ship. (The previous owner smoked, although not in the car. Nonetheless, the car and the seats took on some slight odor from his clothing.) The backs are pretty clean, but are used and have some scuffing. I will get photos up shortly.

I will sell them with the Sparco side mounts. These have suffered some cosmetic damage, and the mounting holes on the bottom have been hogged out a little. The visually-focused may want to not use the side mounts, or might have them re-anodized. The Sparco decals are still on, but are curling away in a spot or two.

New price on these appears to be in the $1100-1200 range for the pair seats, not including the side mounts. I'm thinking about $800+shipping for the seats & side mounts (no sliders or other hardware). Any thoughts?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:37 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Post some pics of them in the car, if you have any, please. I'm really curious about how they fit, given that most aftermarket seats barely squeeze in to 993s.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any photos, but there's one from the previous owner in his ad.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/429361-ddidit-s-97-993-nb-for-sale.html

These fit EASY. The EVO2 Plus seats I put in to replace the Roadsters were a b&tch. I guarantee that dropping these in with the Sparco sliders and side mounts is no problem with a 993. These are definitely for small-medium sized drivers, which is why I changed them out.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I bought a used and very dusty/dirty cloth Recaro Pole Position on Ebay last year and cleaned it using clothes detergent and a hose. Turned it upside down and let it dry. The fabric looks almost brand-new.

Quick Reply: Took Sparco Roadster seats out of my car... looking for price feedback