Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

adventure green metallic

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:21 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep 'em coming! The misguided 'corrections' are really putting this thread over the top
LOL. It's indicative of how **** this crowd is (and I include myself in this) that we even care about this topic, especialy since most here don't own a car in this color. Now back to cleaning the parts of my car that don't show.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:09 PM
dsandfort
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny color. When I leave mine at the airport parking shuttle lot, I am handed a place locator ticket for the return shuttle driver. My C2 is unbadged and the tickets usually read "small grey", "little blue" and even "Porsha kinda green" (no joke there). The color looks totally different under different artificial lights depending on their color temperature. I always thought the color was named after the Aventurine gem stone (the stone of luck). I love it.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:12 PM
bart1
Race Car

Originally Posted by dsandfort
I always thought the color was named after the Aventurine gem stone (the stone of luck). I love it.
Bingo! This is correct, as I linked above.

I have posted this before as well, but there is no green in the paint. Blue, black, 2 pearlescent whites, not sure what else.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 PM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my bias opinion, a great colour for the 993. The colour seems to change with differing lights.
Attached Images    
Old 05-11-2010, 11:51 PM
98_993_cab
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

There are at least two greenies in our area - one's cab that I see every few weeks, and then just this morning (!) I saw a tintop parked in the alphabet district of PDX.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is mine
Attached Images      
Old 05-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 437 Posts

Aventurine - a stone of confidence and tranquility. For that reason alone, I'd get it

Apparently, it is a green color.

Stone's names: Aventurine, avanturine.

Color: Aventurine is a soft green semi-translucent to mostly opaque stone with mica flecks. Aventurine also comes in silvery, yellow, reddish brown, greenish-brown, bluish green and orange. It contains inclusions of small crystals that reflect light and give a range of colors - depending on the nature of the inclusion.

Description: Aventurine is composed of two gem minerals, one is a plagioclase feldspar and the other is quartz . Both have a sparkling reflection from oriented minute inclusions of mica or hematite, which cause a slight metallic iridescence.

The name's origin: Aventurine derives its name from Italian - per avventura - by chance.

Wedding anniversary: Aventurine is the anniversary gemstone for the 8th year of marriage.

Care and treatment: Translucent aventurine often fades in the sun, therefore the aventurine jewelry is better kept in the dark place.

From the stone history: For many centuries aventurine is used for jewelry, candelabra, girandoles, pipes, vases and bowls (sometimes very large), and for other ornamental objects. Unique ancient vase made of bright aventurine is displayed in Hermitage, art museum in St. Petersburg (Russia).

Shopping guide: Aventurine is a very charming inexpensive stone. It's claim to fame is having inclusions that look like sparkles. This is an easy identifying factor often called aventurescence.
There was a custom of assigning various Masculine and Feminine Saints with a particular gem for use in talismans. The name Andrew or Andre (i.e. patron Saint Andrew) is associated with Aventurine.

Healing ability: Avanturine is said to increase libido.
Releases fear and anxiety. Green aventurine strengthens one's blood and muscle tissues.

Mystical power: Aventurine is said to increase confidence, and gratitude, promotes emotional tranquility and positive attitudes. Aventurine is a wonderful stone to use daily, especially during meditation and prayer.

Deposits: Aventurine is found in Brazil, India, China, Japan, Russia, Tanzania, and USA. Extensive beds in mica schist occur in the Russian Ural Mountains.
Green aventurine, colored by a chrome mica, has been found in the state of Tamil Nadu (formerly Madras), India, China, and in Rutland (Vermont).
Old 05-12-2010, 07:37 AM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Renaud,
Your car looks so good with those wheels - Euro bumpers would take it to an entirely new level...

dave
Old 05-12-2010, 10:51 AM
SPD YLO
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nurburger
I love AG - especially with a cashmere, chestnut or black interior.
Aventurine with Chestnut.

Whoa!
That I gotta see.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:04 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice car, Renaud. But I'm not feeling those wheels. As much as I like BBS-typ mesh wheels, these had always left me cold. Maybe because they are flat? Not sure.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:26 AM
bart1
Race Car

Originally Posted by SPD YLO
Aventurine with Chestnut.

Whoa!
That I gotta see.
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...irst-pcar.html
Somebody else on here has one in t hier sig, but I can't recall who.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:34 PM
orangecurry
Burning Brakes

Received 407 Likes on 279 Posts

you guys.......

Old 05-12-2010, 03:42 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Sweet...could you also post pics of Viola Metallic, Vesuvius Grey, Amaranth Violet and Rainforest/Forest Green? TIA!

Originally Posted by orangecurry
you guys.......

Old 05-12-2010, 03:56 PM
orangecurry
Burning Brakes

Received 407 Likes on 279 Posts

Mine is a late 1995 colour booklet, and those are later/special order colours..... and anyway, you CAN spell those ones it seems
Old 05-12-2010, 05:01 PM
RAPID
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice colour, it depends on interior...at the end it is a personal choice, if you don't love it when you first see it, wait for the next one...

Quick Reply: adventure green metallic