993 Forum 1995-1998

Total Newbee-first PCAR

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:16 PM
thezzzone
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total Newbee-first PCAR

New here and learning a ton from you guys,,appreciate all the help I've been getting..TYVM!!!! Atttached are some obligatory pics. of my 96' C4
Attached Images     
Old 08-14-2009, 02:25 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Congrats and welcome aboard!!!! Looks to be Aventurine Green/Chestnut. Cool. Anymore info such as mileage, mods (looks stock), where you're from etc?

Didn't even have to ask for pics!!!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:26 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 402 Likes on 254 Posts

Congratulations.

Very Nice color combination. I don't see it very often. (Maybe 1 other time, if that)
Old 08-14-2009, 02:27 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Beans!

Congradulations and Welcome!

Bob-
Old 08-14-2009, 02:39 PM
thezzzone
Intermediate

Dead on on the colours Timothy, when I looked at the car I HATED the interior colour, bought it anyway, after 2 days I wouldn't trade the int. colour for anything...feels rich and unique to me...80k miles...in the shop now getting HID lights, WEVO (black pillow) engine mounts, clutch and a flywheel. Drilled the airbox, next is the RSR Muffler I'm hoping...then I'm done. ( i know I know)
Old 08-14-2009, 02:41 PM
thezzzone
Intermediate

OOOOOPPSS...Toronto area
Old 08-14-2009, 03:30 PM
srm_993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So shouldn't your location be "Ooot there"?

Welcome to the Wikipedia of p-cars...and a pretty good collection of smart-asses, too.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:32 PM
cohare
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thezzzone
Dead on on the colours Timothy, when I looked at the car I HATED the interior colour, bought it anyway, after 2 days I wouldn't trade the int. colour for anything...feels rich and unique to me...80k miles...in the shop now getting HID lights, WEVO (black pillow) engine mounts, clutch and a flywheel. Drilled the airbox, next is the RSR Muffler I'm hoping...then I'm done. ( i know I know)

The last thing to make it perfect - suspension. Then you can be done.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:37 PM
sensfan
Track Day

Were you at the GTA GTG a few weeks back for the first time? If so, are you heading there tomorrow? Would be great to see the car again.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:41 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Wow..!!! Congrats and welcome!! I've never seen that color combination, but - I have to say - I like it!!!

John
Old 08-14-2009, 03:56 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thezzzone
when I looked at the car I HATED the interior colour, bought it anyway, after 2 days I wouldn't trade the int. colour for anything...feels rich and unique to me...80k miles...in the shop now getting HID lights, WEVO (black pillow) engine mounts, clutch and a flywheel. Drilled the airbox, next is the RSR Muffler I'm hoping...then I'm done. ( i know I know)
Kind of how I felt about the blue interior on my 95: Almost stopped me from buying it but now I love it. Obviously a bit late to warn you about the slippery slope...........you seem to have found it!! Are you going with a LWF/RS clutch? I fully agree with the suspension comment as well. It transforms the car's ride and handling and has the added bonus of looking less like it's meant to be on a farm.
Originally Posted by srm_993
So shouldn't your location be "Ooot there"?

Welcome to the Wikipedia of p-cars...and a pretty good collection of smart-asses, too.
Here? Nah.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:59 PM
thezzzone
Intermediate

if the gta gtg was across from Sherway mall I was there about a month ago for the first time. Was surprized to see so many "vettes" there too..pretty cool. I am not going tomorrow as my engine mounts are being delivered to the shop on monday...flywheel is in..clutch being done today.

Cohare....suspension??? details, what cost (roughly), what it does? I havent read through all the posts yet and am sure i'll find tons on that but could use some hints if you have a moment pretty please.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:03 PM
thezzzone
Intermediate

Timothy...dual mass flywheel/standard Sachs clutch (if i understand the acronym)

"Looks like it belongs on a farm"...YOU'VE SEEN MY HOUSE!!!!!........mmmmoooooooo...mooooooo....oink!!!

Forgive my ignorance but are you guys talking about the M030 suspension package???
Old 08-14-2009, 04:05 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Suspension, for sure. Options are:

- Bilstein HD shocks / Porsche ROW M030 springs
- Bil HD / H&R springs
- Bilstein PSS10
- KW V3

I reccommend one of the latter for adjustability. You can also go all out for Motons or the like, but they are very expensive.

Great color! I wasn't sure about Aventurine the first time I saw it, but have grown to really like it. Here are a few pics of mine:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ing-green.html
Old 08-14-2009, 04:12 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

TONS of suspension options: H&R springs/Bilstein HD shocks, EURO M030 springs with Bilstein HD shocks, EURO M033 springs with Bilstein HDs, Bilstein PSS10 coilovers, KW coilovers.............lots of choice with varying price. The M030/033 springs (033 lowers the car but has softer spring rates than 030) would be in the $2500-3500 range in Canadian dollars (Installed and aligned). PSS10s are great because you can adjust both height and ride. Roughly $4K CDN. KWs are apparently better yet and are, surprise, a bit more than PSS10s. Changing sway bars at the same time is a good idea.................look at all the fun we can have spending your money!!!

Quick Reply: Total Newbee-first PCAR