Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiot of the Year Award- Locked Out of car

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:14 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not familiar w/the rear side glass in the coupes but it may be worth removing the glass to access the keys. I can tell you from taking apart my door panels in order to remove the door handles during a detail session that there is a plastic guard over the looking mechanisms to keep the locks from being "popped" open. The glass may be the cheapest options if you can cut it out.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:26 AM
J.A.W.S.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TroyN
No, the OP hit the central locking button then closed the door.
ahhh. ok. thanks...
Old 05-01-2010, 12:11 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 288 Posts

Thought to ponder: If you can get the front left wheel off, you can use the emergency cable to open the trunk, giving access to the fuse panel. Perhaps someone may know if the door locks could be actuated by somehow jumpering around the central locking switch.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Next time, open the sunroof, or windows.

Just order a key per your VIN from the dealer, then wait, & open the car. I ordered one for each car, & both worked perfect, but took about a week. My local stealer was $65 per key!
Old 05-01-2010, 01:25 PM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I did this too. However, I had a spare key in the house.

Why would they allow a car to lock with the doors open?
Old 05-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Sorry to add fuel to the fire, but when your car locks does it not make a LOUD CLICK? Mine sounds like a dead bolt being slammed in, or a gun being racked.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:31 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

F**K CHARLIE SHEEN I'M IN!!!!!!!!!

Spent an hour stumbling around Lowes looking for good car theft tools. Glow stick too thick, wire snake too floppy, found a 4 foot drill bit with a really stiff wire shaft but it was $40.00. Then I saw them, 99 cents each for "things" (I bought 2 in case I messed up the first. Without divulging too much burglary info I needed both to get in.) I couldn't have done it without help from "a rennlister" if that tells you enough info on how I got in.

Total cost $1.98 + tax and a damaged door seal that I was going to replace this weekend anyway.

I took a picture of the tools but I am not sure if I should post them or not???

Monday extra keys will be made.

Last edited by rsr91128; 05-01-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Edited for dirtbags that may read this
Old 05-01-2010, 03:33 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Sorry to add fuel to the fire, but when your car locks does it not make a LOUD CLICK? Mine sounds like a dead bolt being slammed in, or a gun being racked.
Yes the click of death happened while I was wiping the switches, as well as opening the garage door and turning on the hazard lights. Somewhere in this I never unlocked them again. Did I mention I am an idiot.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Floodj
Call Charlie Sheen.
LOL or D.B. Sweeney...LOL
Old 05-01-2010, 08:47 PM
J.A.W.S.
Pro

glad you made it, but please do not spread too much information about the cheap&easy ways you found out to enter our locked cars. may help some other owners in the same situation but this great place still is a public forum. real idiots may come by and grab these infos.... i don't like
Old 05-01-2010, 09:13 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rsr91128
F**K CHARLIE SHEEN I'M IN!!!!!!!!!

Spent an hour stumbling around Lowes looking for good car theft tools. Glow stick too thick, wire snake too floppy, found a 4 foot drill bit with a really stiff wire shaft but it was $40.00. Then I saw them, 99 cents each for 2 sign stakes (I bought 2 in case I messed up the first. Without divulging too much burglary info I needed both to get in.) I couldn't have done it without help from avslash if that tells you enough info on how I got in.

Total cost $1.98 + tax and a damaged door seal that I was going to replace this weekend anyway.

I took a picture of the tools but I am not sure if I should post them or not???

Monday extra keys will be made.
Congrats! Persistence usually pays off. Well done!

Bob-
Old 05-01-2010, 10:44 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 556 Likes on 200 Posts

I'm glad you were able to gain access and all worked out.

Similar thing has happened to me a few years ago. I locked the car with the keys inside and the car was running. Good thing was that I was only 3 blocks from home so I ran in and got the spare key. Not a fun experience.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:28 PM
rsr91128
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by J.A.W.S.
glad you made it, but please do not spread too much information about the cheap&easy ways you found out to enter our locked cars. may help some other owners in the same situation but this great place still is a public forum. real idiots may come by and grab these infos.... i don't like
I hear what you are saying, I tried to be vauge but that post was made as I was jumping for joy at my new found talents as a potential felon. Please understand I had planned to drive the car tomorrow and couldn't sleep last night trying to think of ways in and the elation was overwhelming.

If the alarm would have been armed (it pretty much has to armed to lock the doors from the outside) my way in would make ton's of noise and not be near fast enough for potential car thiefs like Charlie and D.B even with a Clifford alarm (god that movie was bad).

I editied the post to make it as vauge as possible but still enough to give other idiots like me hope in the future.

Originally Posted by boulderbobo
Congrats! Persistence usually pays off. Well done!

Bob-
Your post about not giving up helped urge me on. Thanks.

Sorry if I shouldn't have started this but I really thought I could get in with the collective knowledge of THE LIST and THE LIST didn't let me down.

Mods can shove this into the abyss if needed.

Last edited by rsr91128; 05-02-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:32 AM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my way home from work I finally remembered to stop at a boat shop and pick up some 303 Aerospace Protectant that I have heard so much about. Got home and quickly went about cleaning the interior. Had the key in ignition radio on, got tired of the door buzzer and turned key off, pulled key back 1/2 inch to silence the chime. Cleaned center console switches got out of car went to other side and Idiot locked the doors while cleaning console with the door open.

Any Ideas??????

Heres what I have learned/tried so far:

First: I know I am an idiot

Second: No I don't have a spare (further proof that I deserve the idiot of the year award)

Third: Thanks to rennlist (Thatcher) I have a replacement drivers door seal so I figured I would poke a coathanger (actually 2 taped together) through the old seal and try to hit central lock- no luck so far, I don't want to scratch anything so I am putting this on idea on hold until I have a few beers and it seems like a good idea again.

Fourth: I called local dealers to find no help at all (parts closed, sales could give a sh*t less) In a flash of genius I realized dealers are still open on the left coast so I called Sunset and talked to a very helpful parts guy who can order me a key on Monday, but no guarantee it will work and no returns. Only $61.00 so I will do this even if I get in, but it takes a week to get it.

Fifth: Called the nearest locksmith, when I said Porsche he said he would rather not even try. (I live in the sticks so the "city" guys don't want to help out it seems). A search seems to say if I had a keycode a locksmith can cut a key, dealers can't give out the keycode and I have never seen anything like a keycode in the owners manual (that is convieniently locked in the car)

Sixth: The 303 seemed to work pretty good, but if you people wouldn't have suggested it I wouldn't be locked out right now so it's "your" fault. OTOH the central lock button is looking pretty clean through the window.

Any other ideas or secret's to reentry?

It is a 95 no immobilizer, alarm is not set.

If you pull the inner door handle with the door locked does it unlock the door??? (don't want to scratch it up if this doesn't even open the door)

TIA
I feel your pain. Read how I spent Easter day two years ago:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=51916

I may come in a close second!
Old 05-02-2010, 06:32 AM
J.A.W.S.
Pro

I hear what you are saying, I tried to be vauge but that post was made as I was jumping for joy at my new found talents as a potential felon. Please understand I had planned to drive the car tomorrow and couldn't sleep last night trying to think of ways in and the elation was overwhelming.

If the alarm would have been armed (it pretty much has to armed to lock the doors from the outside) my way in would make ton's of noise and not be near fast enough for potential car thiefs like Charlie and D.B even with a Clifford alarm (god that movie was bad).

I editied the post to make it as vauge as possible but still enough to give other idiots like me hope in the future.
many thanks.

and trust me - i felt with you and you had my deepest empathy whilest jumping for joy. cause i made mistakes like this myself... so cheers from one idiot to another!

Quick Reply: Idiot of the Year Award- Locked Out of car