Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Needle in a haystack - Midnight Blue Sport Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 02:55 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Needle in a haystack - Midnight Blue Sport Seats?

Ok, so with all the recent chat I've seen about sport seats and after drooling over Chuck W's I'm thinking that I might like to try to find some myself. Like the idea of white painted backs. Problem is, my interior is midnight blue and I don't recall seeing any in that color. I'm guessing that is not a frequent color. Has anyone ever seen them in this color?

Related question is whether there are upholstery experts who could recover seats to look completely stock in the midnight blue color? I may soon be on a mission...
Old 04-06-2010, 03:14 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,033 Likes on 464 Posts

I've got them in my 95 (04/95).
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2010, 03:23 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Nice, Tim! I hadn't seen them in that color and really appreciate the pic. Only problem is....now I KNOW I want them.

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
I've got them in my 95 (04/95).
Old 04-06-2010, 03:26 PM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great color interior. That would look fantastic in my Arctic silver car.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:35 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,033 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by air eater
Arctic or Polar silver looks awesome with this colour interior. I'd really like an Arctic/blue cab with blue top and heated sport seats.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like these?

Old 04-06-2010, 03:54 PM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arctic or Polar silver looks awesome with this colour interior. I'd really like an Arctic/blue cab with blue top and heated sport seats.
I have the black factory sport seats in my Arctic Silver C4s, but the Midnight Blue would set it apart from everyone elses black interior.
I had a special order dark blue corduroy/leather interior in my 74 2002tii and to this day I still miss that combo.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:29 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by air eater
It looks even better in my Speed Yellow

Actually, I'd love to find heated sport seats (softback) or a set of dark blue Recaros.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:53 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

What a great site this is! : )

Those are exactly what I was thinking about. They look newly redone. Very nice. Have to figure out how to get a set.

Thanks.....

Originally Posted by Raptor
Like these?

Old 04-06-2010, 06:23 PM
serval
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Well, I have them, the exact same set as Timothy. I'm thinking of switching to Recaro this summer so we could keep in touch if you have not found anything by then.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:46 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

pm on its way (not one to let an opportunity pass by)

Originally Posted by serval
Well, I have them, the exact same set as Timothy. I'm thinking of switching to Recaro this summer so we could keep in touch if you have not found anything by then.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is reassuring. I always assumed Midnight Blue was a big no-no with the 993. Or maybe it's just okay on a cab only?

I was told it would be a deal breaker if ever trying to resell. I like it and so does everybody who sees it in person, even though mine's a coupe. It's definitely different. It reminds me of those great early Mercedes convertibles with their deep blue leather interiors.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:31 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Nice seats and color, canyon. Is that silver exterior? Do you have other pics? I agree that the Midnight Blue has its fans and critics. I actually was not in love with it either when I first got my white TT. Now, though, I really like it. Its a nice change from black, gray and camel which I've had my share of over the years. Congrats on a nice car and really great seats.

Ok.....so Im getting a bit more optimistic that there are a set of blue sport seats with my name on 'em. I'm a patient guy.

Originally Posted by Canyon56
This is reassuring. I always assumed Midnight Blue was a big no-no with the 993. Or maybe it's just okay on a cab only?

I was told it would be a deal breaker if ever trying to resell. I like it and so does everybody who sees it in person, even though mine's a coupe. It's definitely different. It reminds me of those great early Mercedes convertibles with their deep blue leather interiors.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:04 PM
mo-town
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96PorscheTwinTurbo
What a great site this is! : )

Those are exactly what I was thinking about. They look newly redone. Very nice. Have to figure out how to get a set.

Thanks.....
This interior is insane! The 993 is beatiful, but the hard back sport seats definitely take it up a notch. I have dark grey backs with black in my Polar Silver C4S. I would love to have the backs painted Polar Siver one day. Is the white center console original, or was that done?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96PorscheTwinTurbo
Nice seats and color, canyon. Is that silver exterior? Do you have other pics? I agree that the Midnight Blue has its fans and critics. I actually was not in love with it either when I first got my white TT. Now, though, I really like it. Its a nice change from black, gray and camel which I've had my share of over the years. Congrats on a nice car and really great seats.
Thanks, Steve. It's Polar Silver. Midnight and Polar works okay together, I think. I wasn't too keen at first, either. But it is more unique and I like it now. The factory sport seats seem pretty comfortable, imho.
(p.s., I'm using a front license plate in the pic because I was on the PCH in Malibu with a lot of CHP around; it's a tow eye mount. Normally I have it off, as long as I know I'm not parking on the street or it's not on weekends when the cops are out.) btw, the car was originally sold by Concours Motors, in your neighborhood. The original owner bought all his Porsches there (I'm the second owner.)

Quick Reply: Needle in a haystack - Midnight Blue Sport Seats?