Sponsored by:

OT: I going to kill pussy....

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 02:24 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
Okay . . . your car is in the garage . . . you let the cat into the garage. What were you expecting??? Just don't let him out there! Besides, garages typically have dangerous chemicals anyway. We NEVER let our cat into the garage. There's too much stuff for him to get into. Plus, I'd have a fit if he ever jumped on my car.

I thought you were talking about a neighborhood cat jumping on your car while it was in the driveway. You just simply need to not allow the cat in the garage. With persistence, cats can be taught boundaries. I've never had a cat yet that wasn't able to be trained. It just takes time and a contest of wills. It can be done. That's right, I am the cat whisperer.
Your approach requires common sense, patience, some work, accountability and will not allow for instant gratification . Therefore, it is completely out of the question for most people
Old 04-07-2010, 02:58 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
Okay . . . your car is in the garage . . . you let the cat into the garage. What were you expecting??? Just don't let him out there! Besides, garages typically have dangerous chemicals anyway. We NEVER let our cat into the garage. There's too much stuff for him to get into. Plus, I'd have a fit if he ever jumped on my car.

I thought you were talking about a neighborhood cat jumping on your car while it was in the driveway. You just simply need to not allow the cat in the garage. With persistence, cats can be taught boundaries. I've never had a cat yet that wasn't able to be trained. It just takes time and a contest of wills. It can be done. That's right, I am the cat whisperer.
***** peed in house plants - plants died - wife real upset So for right now she sleeps on the tail of the Porsche which is always covered and rarely moves.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are solutions for the cat soiling in the plants, too. That Boundary stuff will work, for instance. It stinks, but it's better than leaving kitty in the garage. Was this a regular thing, or just that one time? How old is she? Sometimes cats relieve themselves in inappropriate areas in order to alert your attention to them not feeling well. Sometimes it's a behavioral thing -- they don't like the type of litter, the area where the box is too noisy, etc..

Anyway, if she's an older kitty and still relieving inappropriately, you might wanna take her to your vet and have them draw blood and run a chem panel. They can also give you this weird looking litter that allows you to extract her urine with a syringe to use as a sample. Hopefully all this data I'm giving you is just an over reaction.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bonster,

What kind of dogs are in your avitar? They are definitely terrier related... We currently have a miniature schnauzer with kidney failure ... Got her from the pound and the vet gave her only two weeks... that was almost three years ago!

Until Molly, I never knew how smart these terrier related breeds are! Best dog we have ever shared life with!

Not trying to hijack the thread... I too have cat problems and have pretty much just given up on keeping him off the cars. Of course, the 993 stays parked in the garage stall away from Prince's access! But, the jetta and my truck are his for lounging on... Guess in the war of wills, the cat won.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Michael . . . the dogs in my avatar are wire-haired dachshunds. The one on the far left passed away a couple of years ago. They belong to my parents, but are part of the family, so I have tons of pics of them. There for a while when I had to put one of our cats to sleep, my mom sent me a daily picture of the dogs to help cheer me up. It worked.

As far as trying to keep Prince off your VW and truck, might as well give up. Even if you did get him to comply, some wandering neighbor cat would just do the same thing, most likely. One way to prevent scratching is to keep your vehicles highly polished. I cured our cat of jumping on my formal dining table that way. He jumped up and slid right off and bounced off the wall. I know that sounds cruel, but it didn't stop me from laughing so hard that my stomach hurt for two days. It also cured his little butt from jumping on tables.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh yeah . . . with Molly, just make sure you keep an eye on her hydration level. If she gets dehydrated, either take her to the vet or learn how to give Ringers (it's basically saline) subcutaneously. It doesn't hurt at all, and once you learn how to do it, it's easy as pie. It will help Molly feel much better, too.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:35 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Wouldn't a car cover solve this problem?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:37 PM
cali4sun
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

'89 S4 GP White/Black
'76 912E Silver/Black sunroof
Old 04-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Wouldn't a car cover solve this problem?
Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a cover on a truck?!? Lol! The paint on our 98 Dodge is so crappy that I don't even care (bad paint from the factory), but the little Miata we just had painted . . . I better never see any dang cat scratches! I will call the CSIs out and have them take paw prints and get DNA!!! Lol. Actually, I'm more worried about the soft top. P-car stays inside the garage.

Quick Reply: OT: I going to kill pussy....