Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

reputable windshield replacement LA/ OC Ca.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 04:04 PM
air klwd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reputable windshield replacement LA/ OC Ca.

any leads for quality windshield replacements in LA or preferable South orange County Ca.?...such a nice day yesterday low 80's went for a drive and wack..stone into the windscreen.ouch.......
Old 02-16-2010, 04:53 PM
cy7878
Instructor

I got my windshield replaced st Safelite in Santa Ana for the squeaking noise. Very happy with the results. Paid about $700 total, parts and labor. Took 3 hours total. The shop recommends bring in the car, because the tech said it takes 2 people to hold the glass and difficult to do with mobile service.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Ed_M
Track Day

I used Safelite mobile for about $800 in Laguna Hills. The glass had the same markings as my original glass. Make sure that your radio reception is good both before and after replacement. The first windshield they installed had a bad attenna. They tried to tell me it was OK but I still refused to pay. They installed another windshield the next day with no problem. No squeaks.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:16 PM
air klwd
Instructor

Thanks guys , once again much appreciated.........prices seem to have gone up quite a bit at safelite though......... : (
Old 02-17-2010, 01:55 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ed_M
I used Safelite mobile for about $800 in Laguna Hills. The glass had the same markings as my original glass. Make sure that your radio reception is good both before and after replacement. The first windshield they installed had a bad attenna. They tried to tell me it was OK but I still refused to pay. They installed another windshield the next day with no problem. No squeaks.

Is this price for an OEM windshield?? I was quoted almost double that.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:50 PM
cy7878
Instructor

The price, believe it or not, is negotiable, even at a national chain like safelite. All you have to say is that your friend got the job done for this much and can they match it. PM me, I'd be happy to scan my receipt so you can take it into the shop to show you're not making the price up and bargain. Also, I still have a new unused outer seal if you need it.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Ed_M
Track Day

rome...Both windshields that Safelite installed had the same marking as the broken one they replaced. It said SIGLA with an E1 within a circle and 2 rows of letters and numbers. As I am not the original owner of the car, I do not know if the broken windsheild was the original. From what I have read, I believe that it was original.
Ed..
Old 02-17-2010, 09:12 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Very helpful guys. Thanks.

My windshield is a little pitted and squeeky...Been meaning to instal a new one.

Quick Reply: reputable windshield replacement LA/ OC Ca.