Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: 2010 Olympics. Anyone following?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:08 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The men's hockey team better get their stuff together from here on in. It should be interesting.

I loved the CTV piece with Jacques Villeneuve and the Canadian skeleton gold medalist, Jon Montgomery. Jacques actually worked his way up and took a run down from the top on the sled. Just brave or ....
Old 02-28-2010, 01:02 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 344 Likes on 153 Posts

AHHHHHHH!!!!!

NBC SUCKS!!!!

Here I am watching the last 10 minutes of the Olympics broadcast on NBC on the final full day of the games and what are they showing???? A clip on comedians from Canada!! Why not show the Ice extravaganza or ANYTHING Olympic related! In the old days, they used to show The Ice Extravaganza, at least show the Gold, Silver and Bronze winners. NBC only showed 5 performances from the show, period. I'd rather see more of the Ice show or a compilation of all the things that went on for the past 2 weeks instead of Mary Carrillo interviewing Loren Michael's and some comedians. What the heck does that have to do with the Olympics?? NBC you SUCK big rotten eggs!

Worse Olympic coverage ever,
BY FAR!!
Too much filler. Not enough sport!!!

Watch them mess up the hockey coverage somehow tomorrow too with a feature about where to buy the best shoes while visiting Vancouver while the game is still on going..... What a joke.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:16 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
AHHHHHHH!!!!!

NBC SUCKS!!!!

Here I am watching the last 10 minutes of the Olympics broadcast on NBC on the final full day of the games and what are they showing???? A clip on comedians from Canada!! Why not show the Ice extravaganza or ANYTHING Olympic related! In the old days, they used to show The Ice Extravaganza, at least show the Gold, Silver and Bronze winners. NBC only showed 5 performances from the show, period. I'd rather see more of the Ice show or a compilation of all the things that went on for the past 2 weeks instead of Mary Carrillo interviewing Loren Michael's and some comedians. What the heck does that have to do with the Olympics?? NBC you SUCK big rotten eggs!

Worse Olympic coverage ever,
BY FAR!!
Too much filler. Not enough sport!!!

Watch them mess up the hockey coverage somehow tomorrow too with a feature about where to buy the best shoes while visiting Vancouver while the game is still on going..... What a joke.
Agree - wondered the same about the comedians. Nice avatar, wifey has the same in a cream/champagne color.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:36 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree, NBC is too much into the delayed packaged "fluff" features Suck! I was up in Vancouver last weekend for the Olympics and the Canadian network CTV was mirroring NBC's coverage packaging with the Canadian twist.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Millsy
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big Men's hockey game coming up, Canada vs USA for the Gold medal and bragging rights. Here in Afghanistan we fight along side our American cousins but this game we have to choose sides. We get pretty good Olympic coverage here at the Kandahar airfield on our Canadian TV systems but not much on the American Systems. The game is on at 1200 local time Vancouver. So I do the math conversion for time zones, (12.5 hours ahead) and I think that means I have to choice to make. To sleep or not to sleep, that is the question. Ah per chance to dream of less dusty, smelly, dangerous, hot places where I could drive my 993, or to stay awake and watch the game at just after midnight? I will have to decide. Best of luck and may the best team win.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:05 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 344 Likes on 153 Posts

Millsy...... Be glad you don't get the American System via NBC. It blows hot air.....

BTW: Thank you for your service
Old 02-28-2010, 01:18 PM
SMehder
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Joanne, I watch the Olympics to see sports not fluff. However, I will say I watched a great segment about Gander, Newfoundland yesterday. It was what happened on 9/11 when planes from Europe were forced to land in Newfoundland. It was incredible what the residents of that small town did when their little village doubled in size with strangers. Store owners offered necessities at no cost. Residents cooked food without even a thought of compensation. They did not even consider charging.

After return to the US, the passengers of the flights delayed in Gander, started a scholarship fund for the Gander high schools students for college. Currently that fund is in excess of $900k.

While this brought out the best in mankind, Katrina brought out the worst.

Thanks to the residents of Gander.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:48 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Millsy...... Be glad you don't get the American System via NBC. It blows hot air.....

BTW: Thank you for your service

What?? She have a Porsche Crest on her big toe too??
Nah - the shoe, she's not into to cars like that, she just likes hitting them...
Old 03-01-2010, 02:46 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,035 Likes on 465 Posts

Cant't believe it's all over.

And I thought I was a hockey fan before today................what an absolutely AWESOME game.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:59 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was sad to see the games end. I really enjoyed watching them. I spent more time watching them this go around then I ever had in the past. Some great events and memories!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Cant't believe it's all over.

And I thought I was a hockey fan before today................what an absolutely AWESOME game.
Well fought on both sides. Congrats on the win.

Originally Posted by larpy
I was sad to see the games end. I really enjoyed watching them. I spent more time watching them this go around then I ever had in the past. Some great events and memories!
Agreed, good times ....
Old 03-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Millsy
Big Men's hockey game coming up, Canada vs USA for the Gold medal and bragging rights. Here in Afghanistan we fight along side our American cousins but this game we have to choose sides. We get pretty good Olympic coverage here at the Kandahar airfield on our Canadian TV systems but not much on the American Systems. The game is on at 1200 local time Vancouver. So I do the math conversion for time zones, (12.5 hours ahead) and I think that means I have to choice to make. To sleep or not to sleep, that is the question. Ah per chance to dream of less dusty, smelly, dangerous, hot places where I could drive my 993, or to stay awake and watch the game at just after midnight? I will have to decide. Best of luck and may the best team win.
I hope you stayed up!

Congrats to Canada although USA played well. Overall, awesome Olympic hockey tournament, real good games!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:18 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fantastic game. Congratulations Canada! You deserved to win it and did it the hard way.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:25 PM
TargaMatt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that was the most I've watched any Olympics. I can't speak to the NBC coverage, but I really enjoyed CTV's coverage, thought it was fantastic! Hockey game was absolutely amazing, easily the best and hardest fought I've seen in ages from two superb teams. I love how the Olympics brings out so many triumphs of spirit, some of which result in medals, and others which can be inspiring without a medal, when people achieve new bests, etc.

I kind of wish I'd gone to Vancouver . . . it really looked like the celebration of a lifetime
Old 03-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,005 Likes on 1,777 Posts

Man, what a game!

This too was the first time I've followed the Olympics so close. I had the TV on playing in the background almost every day and miss it now that it's over. I cannot describe the experience of being downtown celebrating before and after the game yesterday. It was like the biggest Stanley Cup playoff, Super Bowl and Mardi Gras all rolled into one. I left home yesterday at 10:00AM and returned at 1:00AM. Still paying for it. These past two weeks have been the most patriotic Canadian celebration I've experienced in the 24 years I've lived in this country. Truly fantastic.

Quick Reply: OT: 2010 Olympics. Anyone following?