Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 05:20 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Today's Update from John ~

Hi folks,

Really quickly as I'm trying to get a few things completed before I leave. The arrangements are to arrive in the DR - and then take a couple of options - I may have a flight into Cayes from a wonderful Pastor, if we can link up. The other option is drive to Cayes. If it's the latter, then I won't get there until late tomorrow night is my guess.. As well...

I spoke to Adrien earlier today. Les Cayes has had a few flights and some relief - but, the hospitals are still in dire need for basics and it is still has a very long way to go. While I'll be taking down a huge bag of supplies - my guess is that it will be like a "raindrop" hitting the ocean.... But - know for that - with you - if we can help only a few hundred with temporary supplies - it will be well worth it...

Food is still a critical item - and we have expanded our support there to include Pastor Andre's orphanage and facilities - Andre is another I can "call my brother", as his orphanage has been his life-long passion and dream. We are honored to be called to assist him with his dream - which is simply, as is our combined passion - is to do whatever we can to make a difference.

As well, in the villages, hospitals and other orphanages - refugees and "newly created" orphans from the disaster are still streaming in... While I'm there, we'll be discussing some options with Pastor Vilnor perhaps using the two stories of the school for temporary shelter/refuge for some of these children -until we can develop a better long-term plan.

So - in closing - simply - thank you - again. Not from me really - but rather - thank you from the hundreds and thousands who we hope to assist in some small way.

You have given them a voice - and more importantly - you have given them a little sliver of hope.

I'm personally honored to be your ambassador and your "face" to so many children, women and men in this program. So, my personal thanks for that privilege...

John
Old 01-26-2010, 12:28 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default JOHN D. is now FINALLY on his way to Haiti !

Hi Guys -

John has put me in charge of getting the Updates to you as soon as I get them from him. He is not exactly sure how he is going to be able to update me at this time, but he will somehow, either by phone or text or email. He's going to try them all.

John left for Haiti early this morning at about 3:00am. He will be gone at least a week where he will not only be assessing the needs of the people in Les Cayes, but also helping with whatever he can.

Jenn had some GREAT news this morning and just sent me an email. She said that there is a Porsche Club of America (PCA) region that has a $5000.00 donation request on the table for their Board of Directors to approve. This is so wonderful. I hope this gets those of us who belong to PCA or other car clubs to ask and see if they would sponsor Rennwish too. I formally asked my old region yesterday. So far I haven't heard anything, but it's only been one day......

That's it for now.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:46 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

TONIGHTS UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with Jenn.

John is now in Santo Domingo and headed to Les Cayes

More good news...... The North Country Region (NCR) of the Porsche Club of America's Board of Directors has approved the $5000.00 contribution to PROJECT RENNWISH!!! THANK YOU to all the great folks from the NCR region --------> More on this later

Now get to work on your own PCA regions and see if we can get some more of them to help.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:02 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

And still another update. This is the email confirming that the NCR of the Porsche Club of America is donating $5,000.00 to Project Rennwish:

Hi John,

Hope you travels are safe. I just wanted to update you that the $5000 was approved from your favorite Region (NCR). You should see that coming through soon. NCR is proud to help. You are spectacular in what you do! We are so very proud to have you as a member!!!

Could you please update with pictures and articles for the Northlander. I will be doing an article for the March issue. Dick the webmaster would like to post photo’s as well.

Thanks for everything John. Talk with you soon.

Kindest Regards,

Ivy Leonard

YIPPPPPEEEE!!!! Now we all have to go to our Regions and see if they would pick up PROJECT RENNWISH as their Charity this year (and for years to come.....)
Old 02-04-2010, 01:23 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

You folks are incredible... Thank you! A special Thank you to JoAnne and Jenn for keeping everyone updated while I was in Haiti. I know it was difficult, as there was so much going on, and frankly - I was running at 100MPH...

As well - it gives me a great deal of pleasure to announce that North Country Region (NCR) of PCA (http://www.ncr-pca.org/) has donated $5,000 to Project Rennwish! I was greeted with the check upon my return from Haiti last evening. We can only hope that other PCA Regions help out - as Rennwish has it's root's in Rennlist, and that site has supported PCA Members, Events and Regions for over a decade - as it is, and was - about the "people". In short - I am humbled, speechless and eternally grateful to NCR, its Board and the 490 Porsche owners that region represents. Therefore, in one of our projects (orphanage(s) or one of the schools), we will be dedicating a room or a building to the Members and Board of North Country Region in Haiti.

Being a Member of NCR and PCA throughout the years - their action makes me proud of being affiliated with both. I hope - and challenge - any other PCA Region to follow suit, as indeed - it is "about the people"...

As well- I have the following subject areas & pictures I'll be adding to the websites later:

Our work with Pastor Andre's Orphanage;
Food Distribution Issues;
Pastor Vilnor's School and food distribution;
Our Programs with Pwoje Espwa;
Our Foster Children in Haiti Program;
The medical supplies we brought in for the Hospital & Clinics;
Our work with the McCall children while in Haiti;
Life in Haiti - refugees, sleeping in the streets, etc.
And discuss our course of over the course of the next few months...

The road ahead will be difficult - and if we are to succeed, which I have no doubt we will - it will take all of us pulling and pushing together - as a team. And as well - discuss and explore new avenues to expand and support what we started many years ago in Haiti.

So - we will just "do it" and get it done...

My sincerest thanks to all of you...

And yes - it is great to be home, if only for maybe (I'm not sure yet?) a week before I head back - as there is an incredible amount left to do.

John
Old 02-05-2010, 09:42 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

I've been asked to take pictures and videos of what it was like last week in Haiti, and since I'm just home - I'm still getting caught up. Anyway - so - I did take videos and stuff. The link below is BIG (115 MB!) but -most of the pictures and video I took last week and threw this together. It is "my world" in Haiti - and if you have supported Project Rennwish - it is indeed, your world as well... My thanks for your support, well wishes and well, you know...

Here is that LINK (<--RIGHT click there) and try saving the link to your computer.. It is NOT finished - and only work in progress, but for those who want to see what Haiti is like - it might be interesting (it is a WMV file type)..

As well - I updated the Project Rennwish site for the orphanage and our kids in the Family to Foster program and stuff...

My Best Always,

John
Old 02-27-2010, 12:10 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This was posted to the rennwish blog. Dani's video is well done and very moving.
Blogpost: danis-video
Video Link

Bravo, Dani!
Old 03-06-2010, 11:19 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

More from John D ~ 3/6/2010

Well - the weather is a bit better..!! Things are drying out just before the rainy season... Who would have guessed??!!

At the same time - I just really needed to get this off my chest (today's post)....

http://rennwish.blogspot.com/

My thanks to all of you!

John

Quick Reply: Buy a Bandage - Haiti....