swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Great work John, payment sent.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:52 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks John & Jen, you two are quality folks!

Paypal sent.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:50 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just paid via Pay-Pal. I am always hesitant to donate to efforts because i am never really sure where my funds go. Sounds like you have done your homework! Thanks for taking the time to do something worth while. You are a good man!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:55 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Ummm.. To be honest - you folks deserve the huge "THANK YOU".. I mean that.... My job is easy - I just do "wheat I do"... The more difficult decision is to make the decision to support this effort altogether - which all of you have done...

My thanks for that - you have no idea how appreciated it is... But, I suspect you do...

Just simply - thank you....

John
Old 01-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in.

And posting only to bump this thread to the top.....
Old 01-18-2010, 01:57 PM
John D.
Banned

Hi folks,

THANK YOU!!! I know I sound like a broken record - but...

As few have mentioned - Rennwish has had many donations from friends of many of yours in this forum simply because they helped get the word out.. Every dollar right now is critical - as all you know... A few have asked what more than can do aside from donate - and that's simply help us "network" out to our friends...

As an aside, it appears that the local article about Rennwish was picked up by AP - and then this AM, Rennwish and all of yo had a mention on the air on a CNN broadcast..? I didn't see it - but, a few questioning e-mails I get are do we have some "staff" (no) - or do we take a percentage (no) - or the "nuts and bolts" as to whether we are a 501c3 (and an EIN, articles, etc.) (YES!)..

Anyway - I'll update totals later, but here is the situation in Les Cayes. I had the chance to finally get through to Adrien last evening via phone (and I snuck in a brief conversation with Shasha - one of the young girls in our care)...

Critical needs: Medicine, food and fuel. Without fuel, there is no electricity. No electricity means the banks and transfer stations don't open. No banks means no money. No money means that basic can't be acquired...

So - I was supposed to hop a flight Sunday with a Military/tech Search and Rescue - BUT - that deployment is delayed.. So - I'm looking at any and all alternatives - and hope to have an update later.. If anyone has any suggestions - please post, OK?? If I can get down there - I can acquire what the estimated 1,500 at the two hospitals need - including food and medicine.

Anyway - just thank you.... Please, let's keep this rolling, OK??

My best always,

John
Old 01-18-2010, 06:39 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In & <bump>....
Old 01-18-2010, 07:01 PM
944/951guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im In and another Bump. Lets keep this at the top.
Great Idea Guys!!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:21 PM
John D.
Banned

Well.....

Here we go.....

Just a couple of notes... First - thank you...... All of you - whether you have contributed, or will contribute, or have let others know about all we are doing - just - well, thank you...

As well - for those who have contributed, a quick update.. We got the first of YOUR money INTO Les Cayes early this morning - and I'm walking a bit of a tightrope. You see - if I send too much, it won't be distributed, as available money in Cayes from the banks and the wire transfer agencies are in short supply (yes - I mean that..).. When they "run out of money" - they close. So - if we send too much - it won't be distributed. If we send to little, it won't do much at all given the prices of food, medicine and fuel (in fact - you can't buy fuel today)...

Anyway, we have our first first small victory for those in Les Cayes and have started purchasing and distributing medicine and food - and those much needed goods will be distributed to (after we get them into Adrien's hands):
  • - one of the local hospitals;
  • - a village that is hosting many refugees from PAP which is now out of food; and
  • - and a smaller orphanage outside Les Cayes that is in dire need.

We are fortunate, as many "non-profits" are still struggling to get any money "in country". We have done so - and we will continue to do so, but these funds will only last a day...

While it is one small step - we are indeed moving forward.

My thanks to all of you...

John.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:59 PM
John D.
Banned

I've said it before - and I'll keep saying it - thank you.....

As well - if you have contributed to this program and I have your e-mail - you should have gotten a "semi-personal" thank you..?? What's "semi-personal"??? Well - it was an e-mail sent out to over 200 folks who have contributed... I'm a little humbled by all of you... I always have been - and I always will be...

For that - it gives me great pleasure to make public our first "press release".. It was edited and authored by many of you - and requested by many more... If you would like - feel free to use it and distribute it as you will.. This success is not to my credit - but rather - to yours collectively....

In short - we have reached nearly 50% of our goal of $75,000 since last Friday afternoon.... And while we still have a long road ahead - we can - no rather, we will do this....

Here is that press release..... (<--- Click there if you want to read it...)...

My sincerest thanks,

Always,

John
Old 01-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump.

Another aftershock today: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...20/2797366.htm

If you've ever been through an earthquake, aftershocks are very stressful only adding more anxiety.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:53 PM
John D.
Banned

I am so sorry for the delayed reply - and my thanks for the bump..! Anyway, today started kind of early for me with the news. But - just a quick update... The earthquake this AM was about 60 miles from Les Cayes. According to Adrien, there is no major damage as in the first quake - but some minor damage. All the children in the village(s)/orphanage/schools are just fine... There was quite a bit of hysteria in downtown districts, but many were sleeping outside - as they have been for a week.

As well - to all of you have supported our efforts - thank you... While there are times I feel that we are "putting a teaspoon of water into the ocean" - I can and will tell you, that together - we are making a difference... Frankly, I couldn't and wouldn't do it without all of you and your support....

Just - simply - thank you for that.....

John
Old 01-21-2010, 01:09 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Guys and Gals, don't know if any of you are on Facebook, but we've started a "Project Rennwish" page. Please become a fan and then pass it on to your friends to "fan". We've already picked up more $$$ thanks to Facebook.

To find the page on Facebook just search Project Rennwish and join.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:35 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Another bump -

The Project Rennwish Page on Facebook has pictures added now. If you are members of Facebook, just look up Project Rennwish to see some of the work that was done before the Earthquake (click on Photo's). And while you are at it, PLEASE become a Fan. It would be great to keep on passing the Rennwish word beyond Rennwish and the Porsche world.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2010, 02:56 PM
John D.
Banned

You folks are wonderful - thank you!! As well - I am sorry for this x-post and if you have read it in another thread...

I just wanted to post a quick, new thread and say "Thank You" to many - many of you here for your support, encouragement and advice as we just try to "get it done" in Haiti.

To that end, I was working on the preliminary financial info last evening and this AM in preparation for departing for Haiti. So - below is a copy and paste out of my spreadsheet.. Before I post them below....

I also want to say thank you.. To all of you... I know we can keep the momentum going - so we will with all of your help... As well, while a few have privately asked that I stay in the USA, rather then travel to Haiti - unfortunately - we need to make some difficult decisions regarding tens of hundreds new orphans and seriously injured children in the next week who, as I write this - are streaming into Les Cayes - the base of all our projects.

I can't make those decisions while in the US - they have to be made "on-site" at the orphanages, schools and projects - with the people. But - while I'm in Haiti, please don't be surprised if we make some commitments to do some things in an accelerated fashion, which I'll ask one of the Rennwish volunteers (Hi JoAnne!! ) to post on the Rennwish Facebook page <--- link.

For any new programs and projects - I know - together - we'll excel at anything we set our minds and hearts to....

The Road to $75,000 stands at:

Total PayPal Receipts - $27,973.36
Total Check Deposits: - $8,055.00
Total Cash Deposits: - $20.00

Actual Receipts - 1/12/10-1/23/10 - $36,048.36

Total Checks Committed - En Route: - $11,150.00

Total Actual and Committed Funds - $47,198.36

1-11-2010 through 1-23-2010 Donations
Total Donations - Via Paypal - 285
Total Donations - Via Checks - 19
Total Donations - Via Cash - 1

Total Number of Donations - 305