ferdie993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!!! Enjoy it!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi_Fi_Guy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at this 993 a few weeks ago and it is a very nice driving car. The handling is very nice. Once you get the tires, paint, etc. sorted you will have a 993 to be VERY proud of.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:21 PM
rj777
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Renaud Bizet
Hello, First of all I want to thank Bill and Tony in Phoenix who did a Rennfax for me before I got the car inspected. It was really nice of them to take the time on a Sunday afternoon to go check the car out for me. It is a 1995 in aventurine green with a tan interior with 48k miles and 2 owners. The last owner had the car for the last 11 years. Paint is not perfect but for a 15 year old car it is still in good shape. Car had very limited options aside from the LSD but many performance mods: PSS9, corner balanced, RS tie rods, M030 sway bars, performance chip, RSR exhaust, steering rack bracket upgrade, etc. Owner also added 18 inch sport design wheels and replaced the 2 front seats with 964 turbo ones. Car handled very well during our 11 hour "test drive" back to California at triple digit speeds Definitely more raw than the Boxster S it is replacing, but still manageable for a daily driver. I need to get the Steering pump drive oil seal fixed as the PPI revealed it was leaking, any DIY instructions available?
I also need a new set of tires as the rears are shot and the fronts are too old anyway. Anybody doing some maintenance work on a 993 in the SF Bay Area in the near future? I did all my maintenance on the Boxster and would like to learn on the 993 soon too. Here are some pics that I shared last week when I asked for the Rennfax.
Hi Renaud,

It's Rick J in Nashville from the Boxster Board. Congrats on finding a beautiful 993. I love the Aventura Green. Had it on my first 968. I also think you will really come to appreciate the Cashmere Beige interior, especially in the summer & fall months. My 993 cab is black with the Cashmere Beige interior, and I love it. I'm also really liking the cool performance mods the previous owner installed on your car. I would love to do the Pss9 or Pss10 upgrade on my 993 cab.

Enjoy your new ride!

Regards,

rickj
Old 01-12-2010, 12:27 PM
pointfivezero
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Renaud;

It was truly my pleasure helping you drive your baby home. You do realize that my leg of the trip included the rain, pea soup fog and bay area traffic, don't you?

Oh...and I found a nice Cayman S in Yellowknife, Canada. Want to help me drive it home this weekend?

Tim
Old 01-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by jmarch
Those are not sport seats. These are early (softback) sport seats.

Beautiful car. Congrats!

Cheers,
Joe
That still makes them sport seats. You even agreed.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Benton
Drifting

Renaud,

I don't think this was mentioned, but check the front wheel widths. The BBS Sport Classics that are on your car are great wheels; I had them on my car for a few years. One thing that always surprised me though was that the front wheel faces are dished more than the rear wheel faces, which is pretty noticeable when looking at the car from an angle other than a side view. On your car, however, it appears the front and rear wheel faces are the same (they are all rear wheel centers), and this is not how the wheels were installed on cars. Do the front wheels rub?
Old 01-12-2010, 01:42 PM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Renaud Bizet
Hello,

First of all I want to thank Bill and Tony in Phoenix who did a Rennfax for me before I got the car inspected. It was really nice of them to take the time on a Sunday afternoon to go check the car out for me.
Congratulations, Renaud! It was no effort at all and really fun for Bill and me to have a legitimate reason to go drive and check out someone else's 993. It's a great car and wonderfully set up. Enjoy it to the max.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Red
Renaud,

I don't think this was mentioned, but check the front wheel widths. The BBS Sport Classics that are on your car are great wheels; I had them on my car for a few years. One thing that always surprised me though was that the front wheel faces are dished more than the rear wheel faces, which is pretty noticeable when looking at the car from an angle other than a side view. On your car, however, it appears the front and rear wheel faces are the same (they are all rear wheel centers), and this is not how the wheels were installed on cars. Do the front wheels rub?
Hello,

The front wheels do not rub but you are right they might be the wrong set I don't know. What I saw in the maintenance records is that the owner had the steering rack brace update installed to allow for 18 inch wheels on a 1995. The car was also corner balanced.

Renaud.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anybody know the life expectancy of the OEM LSD?
I would be curious to know if it needs to be repacked any time soon.

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:33 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
That still makes them sport seats. You even agreed.
I'm afraid Joe's right. Those are definitely NOT sport seats. Check the size of the bolsters.

Renaud's:

Softback Sport seats:

As you can see, both the seat-back bolsters and the seat-bottom bolsters are much bigger on the gray softback sport seats.

OK, I'm through derailing. Let the congratulations continue!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:58 PM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

I can tell you for sure that the seats are very comfortable (there was no more than 5 minutes between the a** transfer from my 993 to Renaud's) and they look especially beautiful in the green car (better even than the pics would suggest). For some reason I can't picture them as looking quite as good in my white car.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:58 AM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzilla
I'm afraid Joe's right. Those are definitely NOT sport seats. Check the size of the bolsters.

Renaud's:

Softback Sport seats:

As you can see, both the seat-back bolsters and the seat-bottom bolsters are much bigger on the gray softback sport seats.

OK, I'm through derailing. Let the congratulations continue!!!
Yep, thanks Mike.

Cheers,
Joe
Old 01-13-2010, 02:57 AM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:23 AM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice looking car. Congrats! Welcome to the family.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...found a nice Cayman S in Yellowknife...pointfivezero
That would be a nice drive, back to the Bay Area, but not right now.

Quick Reply: Finally bought a 993.