Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Rear Seat Delete on *bay....

Needs a little work. (NOT MINE):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...Q5fAccessories
Old 01-09-2010, 08:53 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw the price and it got my heart going then I saw that it was for a cab.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

Damn!!!! I missed it and could have picked it up.....
Old 01-12-2010, 07:15 PM
HT993
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By any chance, does any fellow Rennlist here have a Rear Seat Delete they're willing to part with?

These things are literally unheard of in Europe - I believe this was actually a US spec product - and I've been searching for ages for my 993 Carrera 4 - 1995 Cab (back interior). If so, please send me a PM.

I'm currently on the west coast for a business trip (Bay Area).

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:34 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by HT993
By any chance, does any fellow Rennlist here have a Rear Seat Delete they're willing to part with?

These things are literally unheard of in Europe - I believe this was actually a US spec product - and I've been searching for ages for my 993 Carrera 4 - 1995 Cab (back interior). If so, please send me a PM.

I'm currently on the west coast for a business trip (Bay Area).

Thanks!
I got mine from LA dismantler! www.pcar.com They aren't cheap - but I got them and didn't have to search for ages ...

Jack
Old 01-12-2010, 09:11 PM
HT993
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tropheus
I got mine from LA dismantler! www.pcar.com They aren't cheap - but I got them and didn't have to search for ages ...

Jack
Hi Jack,

Thanks for the suggestion. In fact, I did find an example recently at LA Dismantler but from the photos they sent me, it looks dirty/stained and I'm not sure whether it's been well cared for. I would hate to ship it all the way back to Europe only to find it doesn't look right in my Cab... Right now they're holding it for me but I need to make a decision soon.

Hence my appeal to the Rennlisters here -

a) does anyone have a good cherished example that they're prepared to part with?

b) or is there someone in LA who's planning to visit LA Dismantlers soon who would kindly take a quick look at the RSD and tell me whether it's worth the money ($1,000 plus shipping...)?

I know you guys are an honourable bunch so I can trust that it won't be taken from under my nose

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:11 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by HT993
Hi Jack,

Thanks for the suggestion. In fact, I did find an example recently at LA Dismantler but from the photos they sent me, it looks dirty/stained and I'm not sure whether it's been well cared for. I would hate to ship it all the way back to Europe only to find it doesn't look right in my Cab... Right now they're holding it for me but I need to make a decision soon.

Hence my appeal to the Rennlisters here -

a) does anyone have a good cherished example that they're prepared to part with?

b) or is there someone in LA who's planning to visit LA Dismantlers soon who would kindly take a quick look at the RSD and tell me whether it's worth the money ($1,000 plus shipping...)?

I know you guys are an honourable bunch so I can trust that it won't be taken from under my nose

Thanks!
Wowwww $1000 plus shiping ...... I got mine for $650 from them for a year ago!

Jack
Old 01-12-2010, 10:37 PM
911Jeff
Rennlist Member

I got mine at DC Automotive over a dozen years ago.
I did a complete re-hab (re-carpet / re-cover / re-wire / etc).
Anyone looking for one should be prepared to do this. If one can
find one, it will no doubt be from a wreck or derilect, perhaps sitting
in a warehouse or lot. I doubt if someone with a well cared for example
would delete a delete kit. My local interior shop did a great job and
I did the re-wire/ allign/ install.
It looks great, greatly improves the utility of my 96 Cab, and the car is now an
official two seater (car-pool/high occupancy lanes issue)!
The process is well worth the hunt and the work.
Good luck.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

$1000! I'll never get one of these things if this is where it is headed. Looks like the RS carpet kit for me.....
Old 01-13-2010, 12:20 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 911Jeff
I did a complete re-hab (re-carpet / re-cover / re-wire / etc)....and
I did the re-wire/ allign/ install.....
hmmm..."rewire"...were you able to get the solenoid locks to work? I've been looking for details on the parts/wiring diagram to get mine to work (I have the plungers but nothing else)...
Old 01-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Tour18
Banned

I should get off my behind and install mine. I got one off EBay too.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:47 AM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by David in LA
hmmm..."rewire"...were you able to get the solenoid locks to work? I've been looking for details on the parts/wiring diagram to get mine to work (I have the plungers but nothing else)...
+993

There are several on this board who have rumored/ intimated that they have successfully integrated the locking mechanism in with the factory immobilizer.
(Unlike "Curve Lover" I am not able to quote specific examples/ threads)
Yet when asked, no one has stepped forward with actual info.
Fess up people!!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:00 PM
911Jeff
Rennlist Member

Default Re-wire....

It was back in the 1990's that I did mine, so my recall is a little hazy.
I did not wire the way it would have been from the factory. I added a 12v light in each compartment that went on when the doors were open. My unit had the switches built in, like the glove compartments have, to turn on a light. ( I have seen some units that do not have the switches).
For the locking pin/solenoid, I wired them to a switch that I added in the console switch area where the was a blank plate.
I used a factory switch (Blank: DP/DT center off) wired so when I push one way it would sent a positve connection to the unit to lock it and when I pushed the switch the other way it would send a negative connection to unlock. I can then lock (extend the pins) and unlock (retract the pins) manually using the console switch.
The locking pins are a little flimsy, so this is not foolproof security...
Old 01-13-2010, 02:38 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Couldn't the "rear seat delete" simply be fabricated, carpeted and done. I recall the rear seat delete as an available option when ordering the '98 .... I had studied each and every option ad nauseum.
Drove my wife freakin nut's... anyway I'd passed up the option thinking maybe kids one day?? Who wouldn't want to ride in the "way back" of a sports car. My daugther luv's it.

A buddy owns a '97 993tt with the factory rear seat delete if anyone needs dimentions, pcitures, etc.
Gotta be cake to have fabricated or fabricate yourself. I'm just saying.........
Old 01-13-2010, 06:26 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

^^ Mike, I agree, sounds logical. A handful have posted their plans to make their own RSDs, & even to sell extras here, but I don't think anyone's been successful. Hope I'm wrong - please search, as able.

Hey, Russ! Locking cab RSDs are practically the 'Holy Grail' around here. Luckily, a search isn't necessary, since I think you & I can both vouch that 911Jeff's above account is the closest solution shared here so far (thanks, Jeff).
Originally Posted by DocTock993
Unlike "Curve Lover" I am not able to quote specific examples/ threads
I'm trying to answer some PMs from HT993 about "rear luggage dumps", & I think the following's applicable to anyone researching RSDs.

My observation's that the black "handle bars" are probably OEM on cab RSDs, due to the following photos, plus Porsche 'PET' catalogs seem to say it's a cabriolet-only part.

Also, the shapes are a little different on cab RSDs (narrower in the front), from what RLer Ralph Erickson's written.

Somebody slap me if I' get the following posts backwards, regarding cab vs. coupe!

Quick Reply: Rear Seat Delete on *bay....