Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Who owns Oragenics?

Above says it all.

I bought at .22 cents hoping to get a good ride if it took off.

Used funds from my crazy money piggy bank and lo and behold early Jan 2010 is doing me well...
Old 01-06-2010, 04:02 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Robin 993DX

I also bought some shares at a similar price last year...
Old 01-06-2010, 04:31 PM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Judging from the results I see, what do you think justifies this as a good buy? -17%
Old 01-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yikes! Sales of $375k, Net Loss of $7.3million. No funds currently own it.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:52 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Hey, we're just having some fun with penny stocks, why do you guys have to be party poopers???

Old 01-06-2010, 04:56 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

I bought as well. Still down now, but yesterdays wicked performance was great. Hope it continues.

I've been told to stay tuned to this stock.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:59 PM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Hey. I picked UPS back when it was clear the internet was going to be the way most people on-line shopped and who would be best poised to bring it to them. A no brainer, right? Wrong. The only dog I have that was worst was airtrax (a great product but no go!) So don't tell me I don't understand the thrill of victory; the agony of defeat (more defeat than victory) Finally, the only thing that takes money out of my pocket faster than bad stock choices has four wheels, two doors and is German How's that for poopin' on the party?
Old 01-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Sorry. Stick a ticker symbol in front of me, and I can't help myself...
Old 01-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarhombre
Hey. I picked UPS back when it was clear the internet was going to be the way most people on-line shopped and who would be best poised to bring it to them. A no brainer, right? Wrong. The only dog I have that was worst was airtrax (a great product but no go!) So don't tell me I don't understand the thrill of victory; the agony of defeat (more defeat than victory) Finally, the only thing that takes money out of my pocket faster than bad stock choices has four wheels, two doors and is German How's that for poopin' on the party?
First principle I learnt when I started to put money in the market is "never, ever buy airline stock" Too bad UPS is pooping on your party.

GL
Old 01-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chris walrod
I bought as well. Still down now, but yesterdays wicked performance was great. Hope it continues.

I've been told to stay tuned to this stock.

Strategy wise; I have 2 investment accounts. The principal one is "retirement" and the other is "Crazy Money". I bought ORNI.OB from the latter

I hope to hit a home run with this one... like I did with all my losers in the past... this one smells like it could become a Microsoft. FWIW and IMO of course. Good luck to all who ventured. :-)
Old 01-06-2010, 11:43 PM
porschemikeandnancy
Pro

Hey, I know a little about development of new drugs. This company appears to be one that will either develop its own new products, or develop them for someone else (a contract developer and manufacturer).

The problem with this type of company is that few drugs become "winners". And it can cost upwards of $1 billion to get a new drug through development, then all the clinical trials and then to actually manufacture it in large batches (which requires an entire new set of "proofs" to the FDA).

It is a very long shot bet. The standing joke is: "if you want to make a small fortune in the drug industry, start with a large fortune." The "game" is to raise then spend an incredible amount of money on a really short odds bet.

It makes the high tech. Silicon Valley type start up - look like a sure thing.

OTOH, just you folks talking about how "great" this company is could create a secondary VERY TEMPORARY bump in the stock price. (It is, no doubt, very thinly traded). So as you guys stoke the fires, my advice is get out as soon as you see any bump in price.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:01 AM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Jean-pierre, airtrax make a device like a pallet forklift. The difference is that it spins in place allowing for tighter storage and less space for vehicle to move around. It can retrieve and spin in its own footprint.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:39 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

I see uses for the airtrax product.

You own some??
Old 01-07-2010, 02:45 AM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

I have been holding onto this for so long, even the fleas have left me! I still think it is incredible product! The Israeli govt, Wal-mart and a few others were said to be hot on it. That was more than five years ago. It went from dollar stock to penny stock. I have no choice but to hold firm. Shame when something unique can't break out in a way that would aid business. And they are already a green product....electricity.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Dontcha instead wish you had CYCC today??!!

Quick Reply: Who owns Oragenics?