Sponsored by:

"ZDDP" Enhanced Racing Oil

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 11:28 AM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by matt777
If we don't talk about oil now and then we are just going to end up with threads about cleaning with Xenit and pics of pristine undercarriages. This will leave some of us feeling mighty inadequate as we will never be this OC. I like the odd oil thread.
Good Point..... I like some ZDDP with my coffee in the morning.

Back on topic: I have been using either Motul or Red Line in my Porsches since I can remeber, currently use Motul 15w50, car has 55k miles on it, 40k miles are hard track miles and the car uses less than the normal, compression and leak down are all within spec, and no telltale puff of smoke on startup... Oil is changed once a year.

As far as I am concerned I will be sticking with this oil as it has proved it self very well. Many people have experienced the same performance and protection from 5w40, 20w50 and other weight oils as well as full Syn, part syn and Dino oils.

At the end of the day dont buy cheap crap oil, buy the best you can afford and aim for oil that has good amounts of ZDDP as from the experts point of view our cars need it.....
Old 01-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Andre'
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Do a search on Brad Penn oil here, there's LOTS of info. To cut to the chase, yes, very good oil (per the experts, I'm not one of them). But since it's not synthetic it needs to be changed about every 3 - 5k mi. Again, search will give you a great deal of info.
Thanks to everybody for their advice/comments! Looks like I got some folks started on something...

Qick reply to Bill's statement - Brad Penn is "Partial Synthetic", and I'm not really driving my 993 a whole lot since our family has grown in 2007 (1,500 miles since March 2008). Therefore, changing my oil once a year is all that I have to worry about.

Regards, Andre'

Quick Reply: "ZDDP" Enhanced Racing Oil