Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,405 Likes on 814 Posts

sure:

Oliver Kamp
973-615-3728

Give me a call anytime. I have never used your services and I have no clue who you are.

I simply suggested you improve your writing style and grammar if you wish to be viewed more professionally.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:57 PM
PorscheZen
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This kind of non-nonsensical writing sounds an awful lot like the owner of Formula (for disaster) Motorsports.

Now for my
This guy is only wants you if you if he thinks you are a long-term (big) paycheck. And even to that notion, those who pay his much exploded prices and for his failures probably could care less about the money, so be it. In my experience, a mechanic, especially a Porsche mechanic, is a personal relationship built on trust and mutual value. What i experienced there was a case of "you're the new Porsche kid on the block" and therefore i can take advantage of your ignorance (where cost is concerned) and then not deliver any kind of sustainable reliability in the repairs done.

Case(s) in point:
1. Charges me $300 for NY State inspection for what he claims is "payola" to get the car to pass inspection. Then proceeds to tell me I am missing my catalytic converter and that's why it won't pass. I look under the car with a grand total of 1 month of Porsche experience and point to the Cat and say "there it is." I take the car home and replace my own O2 sensor and just for kicks, take it to get inspected for $30.00 - which the car then passes.

2. Charges me $250 to replace front brake pads and bleed the system - I tell him I have plans to take it to Watkins Glen for DE. I take car to the Glen where the brake fluid boils and I lose pedal. I bleed brakes at track and person helping me tells me that my fluid looks really old. I call Mark and ask him what to do and he tells me to bleed the brakes by pumping the pedal - well, as I learn the hard way, 964's should always use a pressure bleeder or you will ruin the seals in the Master Cylinder. Which I did. $1400 and a new Master Cylinder (and new mechanic btw) later, I'm done!
3. Charges me $1400 for a tune-up with valve adjustment. 1 month later (<300 miles) my valves are tapping like crazy - even I hear it. I take to new mechanic and he asks me: "just WHEN did you get these valves adjusted...?"and proceeds to re-do valves and doesn't charge me on principle. 15,000 miles later valves are still quiet...

4. Need I go on? There IS more but my fingers are tired.

Mark, it seems is plain bored and agitated by being a mechanic. I think he truly wants to move into something else but has gotten much too comfy with the income and ego pump.

Last edited by Bob Rouleau; 11-05-2013 at 10:09 PM. Reason: remove quotes from deleted post
Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

[QUOTE=PorscheZen;7935820]This kind of non-nonsensical writing sounds an awful lot like the owner of Formula (for disaster) Motorsports.

Now for my
This guy is only wants you if you if he thinks you are a long-term (big) paycheck. And even to that notion, those who pay his much exploded prices and for his failures probably could care less about the money, so be it. In my experience, a mechanic, especially a Porsche mechanic, is a personal relationship built on trust and mutual value. What i experienced there was a case of "you're the new Porsche kid on the block" and therefore i can take advantage of your ignorance (where cost is concerned) and then not deliver any kind of sustainable reliability in the repairs done.

Case(s) in point:
1. Charges me $300 for NY State inspection for what he claims is "payola" to get the car to pass inspection. Then proceeds to tell me I am missing my catalytic converter and that's why it won't pass. I look under the car with a grand total of 1 month of Porsche experience and point to the Cat and say "there it is." I take the car home and replace my own O2 sensor and just for kicks, take it to get inspected for $30.00 - which the car then passes.

2. Charges me $250 to replace front brake pads and bleed the system - I tell him I have plans to take it to Watkins Glen for DE. I take car to the Glen where the brake fluid boils and I lose pedal. I bleed brakes at track and person helping me tells me that my fluid looks really old. I call Mark and ask him what to do and he tells me to bleed the brakes by pumping the pedal - well, as I learn the hard way, 964's should always use a pressure bleeder or you will ruin the seals in the Master Cylinder. Which I did. $1400 and a new Master Cylinder (and new mechanic btw) later, I'm done!
3. Charges me $1400 for a tune-up with valve adjustment. 1 month later (<300 miles) my valves are tapping like crazy - even I hear it. I take to new mechanic and he asks me: "just WHEN did you get these valves adjusted...?"and proceeds to re-do valves and doesn't charge me on principle. 15,000 miles later valves are still quiet...

4. Need I go on? There IS more but my fingers are tired.

Mark, it seems is plain bored and agitated by being a mechanic. I think he truly wants to move into something else but has gotten much too comfy with the income and ego pump.[/QUOTE

Note to self: when in New York with my Porsche, do due diligence before taking the car to Formula Motorsports.

Last edited by Bob Rouleau; 11-05-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: remove quotes from deleted posts
Old 09-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 200 Posts

what is it with the all CAPITOL letters anyway...

best to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth(or reply to a thread) and remove all doubt.

Time to set the keyboard down, and slowly back away my friend. You continue to do yourself a GREAT disservice here.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:10 PM
PorscheZen
Rennlist Member

ALL CAPS MEANS THOUS'T PROTEST TOO MUCH... You just got SERVED!

Actually, through my experiences with you, I found a much much more reliable and trustworthy mechanic who knows how to "sign his own work." I've spent close to $10,000 with him with no regrets. When I take the car to the track, I have complete confidence in my car. That's a Porsche mechanic to me - BOOYA!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:15 AM
aracer
Instructor

For those of you reading this thread:

As usual in life there is always more to the story than meets the eye. Our reputation not only here in NY but internationally is unblemished. Please take the time to speak to people who have used us and research online. I have NEVER seen any client/vendor/member have anything negative to say about the services we provide or the integrity of our company and or its employees. I find this entire situation disheartening since all but one person involved in this thread mentioned they don't know us or our company. As far as the gentleman who does claim to know us I eagerly wait to speak with him. Since we have been in the Porsche business exclusively since 1966 (and yes literally 1966) we have been for lack of a better term, have had very jealous peers. I urge anyone interested in using our facility or others to discount most of these sites posts as they are usually misleading. Fortunately for us this is the only negative comment on the net. But for the other shops both in NY and the US it has become a real problem. If you have a legitimate issue with a place of service (as I am sure all other shop owners would agree) please call us and we will fix your problem should one occur.

Best,

Michael Tashjian
Client Services

Formula Motorsports
32-16 37th AVENUE
Long Island City, NY 11101
W 718-482-0515
F 718-482-1750
www.formulamotorsports.com
Old 09-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aracer
For those of you reading this thread:

As usual in life there is always more to the story than meets the eye. Our reputation not only here in NY but internationally is unblemished. Please take the time to speak to people who have used us and research online. I have NEVER seen any client/vendor/member have anything negative to say about the services we provide or the integrity of our company and or its employees. I find this entire situation disheartening since all but one person involved in this thread mentioned they don't know us or our company. As far as the gentleman who does claim to know us I eagerly wait to speak with him. Since we have been in the Porsche business exclusively since 1966 (and yes literally 1966) we have been for lack of a better term, have had very jealous peers. I urge anyone interested in using our facility or others to discount most of these sites posts as they are usually misleading. Fortunately for us this is the only negative comment on the net. But for the other shops both in NY and the US it has become a real problem. If you have a legitimate issue with a place of service (as I am sure all other shop owners would agree) please call us and we will fix your problem should one occur.

Best,

Michael Tashjian
Client Services

Formula Motorsports
32-16 37th AVENUE
Long Island City, NY 11101
W 718-482-0515
F 718-482-1750
www.formulamotorsports.com
The more you post, the worse you look.

Last edited by Bob Rouleau; 11-05-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Edit to clean up stupid quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,405 Likes on 814 Posts

a well written post!

unfortunately, when you threaten legal action, you do yourself a great disservice. Keep in mind that defamation (libel) in this case is really only valid if porsche zen is not being truthful. I don't have any reason to doubt him.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:38 AM
aracer
Instructor

True only PorscheZen is the issue. If it is Ed please call me ASAP @ 718-482-0515
Old 09-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

I'm commenting because this is a discussion board.

Calling now . . .
Old 09-30-2010, 02:18 PM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

subscribed
Old 10-01-2010, 12:05 PM
PorscheZen
Rennlist Member

How is calling someone a coward in an open public forum not defamation?
My suggestion is that you leave quietly.
Making legal threats seems like a tactic of defense.
AND I have receipts...

Last edited by PorscheZen; 10-01-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I lost an axle this spring, after my "30 year experienced" indy resealed my engine and changed the clutch. Went back to him to rectify the axle bolts....
Changed indy after that incident!
Why? Because I lost confidence!
Michael, Maybe that's what happened with PorscheZen?!
Oh yeah, I met PorscheZen at F1 this summer, Just for the record he doesn't look like a **** disturber.
Dwane

Quick Reply: Need a PPI in Queens New York