Sponsored by:

Lost auction on gorgeous C2S, any Rennlister snatched it

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 11:24 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SKM
Mirrors & door handles definitely an owner mod.
It's definately not an owner mod. All factory. The Vesuvius C2S was a limited edition version. Do a search on "Vesuvius" and you'll find lot's of info. I had two of these cars myself in the past .
Old 12-21-2009, 11:27 AM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by vhanzon
It's definately not an owner mod. All factory. The Vesuvius C2S was a limited edition version. Do a search on "Vesuvius" and you'll find lot's of info. I had two of these cars myself in the past .
You know that I saw a Vesuvius Turbo not so long ago?
Old 12-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=alpinadvl;7159966]Renuad !!!!!
(hey.... wouldn't it **** you off if I was the guy that actually got this car? )

Alf, are you trying to ****** all the nice 993s away from me?
I would not be mad, I would figure after a while maybe you woul dstart selling one of those back to me.

Originally Posted by Zedder
I'm kicking myself for not looking closer last night when I saw the ad...it would have been mine if I would have noticed the buy it now. Just showed the wife and even she gave me grief for losing out on this one!
Well If I find another good one out of my price range, I will let you know and would you sell me back your arena red beauty?

I found a 1995 C2 with 42k miles one owner but bought at an auction from a used car dealer and he wants $31k.
There is a beautiful arena red 1996 with 60k in the low 30s but it is a C4 and has the turbo wing. However the car looks to be in very good shape. I will follow those 2 closely.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Also, if somebody is interested in a high mileage C2S tiptro this one just popped up on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carre...item3a5608f647
Old 12-21-2009, 02:43 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
Wow, Vesuvio! Very rare and sought after. Nice car!!
Never seen this color in person before. I think it's one of my new favorites. Someone find a Vesuvio Cab for me that I can convert into a Speedster, please ...
Old 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by delanobe
You know that I saw a Vesuvius Turbo not so long ago?
Really? Cool.

I saw one 993TT in Vesuvius for sale in Italy about a year ago. Other than that, I saw a 993 Turbo S in Vesuvius in Belgium (if memory serves). It was very nice
Attached Images     
Old 12-21-2009, 03:38 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by grwoolf
Not stupid in my book, who really knows the condition of this car based on an ebay ad? I'd personally never buy a car site unseen, even pending a PPI.

I know in the internet age there are lots of people buying site unseen and have good luck, but I need to see the car, touch it, crawl under it, smell it, drive it. I find that even good intentioned sellers can have very different opnions about how to rate a car's condition. When I was looking for mine, I looked at a 23k mile car that was described as near perfect (but was very, very rough), and I looked at a 60k mile car described as 'clean' where the car was basically immaculate.

Be patient, but be ready to pull the trigger when one speaks to you.
I couldn't agree more. These 993s are going on 12+ years in age. Low mileage is over rated for my money as many of these cars are stairing at expensive service item's regardless. Age is a legitimate service concern... $$ I recently looked at a MY97 993 Cab that had ten year old tires, little wear, however 10 years old in need of replacement. (tires are one simple example, shocks could be another)

IIRC, MY98 had factory trunk money to the dealerships. Something along the lines of 2% off of MSRP - Oh Christ I forget the details. Anyway I knew of this incentive (so who didn't) and liberally spec'ed out a 993 for myself; Full Leather, Litronic's, HiFi, Sports seats-heated, LSD, CD changer, R.Wiper, CD radio, Metallic Paint, M030 suspension, etc...

I say this as an introduction to the piont that many of the olde 993s have "real" expensive options and some don't. The Vesuvius S treatment (package) complete with vesuvius colored 17" Cup wheels was a no-cost 993 option, and did not have full leather interior standard. Leather seats yes - interior components such as the dash, console, etc, NO. This Omaha Porsche add indicates "Leather Interior"; I'd believe it when I see it. A $3500.00 Full Leather option on the build sheet is another story. I'm just saying.

Last edited by M. Schneider; 12-22-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 910 Likes on 550 Posts

[QUOTE=Renaud Bizet;7161737] would you sell me back your arena red beauty?

I was already offered $40K by another R'Lister...but not for sale unless I find something I really like better
Old 12-21-2009, 07:49 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 871 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by Zedder
Does anyone know the significance of the two-tone colors? There must be a story behind why Porshce did this????????????
marketing scheme.
it worked with a small # of customers
Old 12-23-2009, 10:20 AM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Judging from the bidding history of the buyer it looks as this is going back to the fatherland. Aufedersein......

Last edited by CorrdoBrit; 12-23-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:28 AM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I almost clicked "Buy it now" just because it was a deal. You did well my friend, enjoy in good health!

[QUOTE=Zedder;7162667]
Originally Posted by Renaud Bizet
would you sell me back your arena red beauty?

I was already offered $40K by another R'Lister...but not for sale unless I find something I really like better
Old 12-25-2009, 04:41 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi just a poin to note guys. If you look closely you will see the door handles have been (badly) resprayed in silver. Also the mirrors. Im doing a P61W "highlights" project on my 993 at the moment - see my other post on Kerscher speedline rims - and have had some experience with this silver paint. I would say these mirrors and handles have either been repainted or alternatively added. The colour match isnt perfect. It looks like the paint is flat. Its a damn hard colour code to get the code for so that may be the reason....

Cheers
Old 12-25-2009, 06:25 AM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi just a poin to note guys. If you look closely you will see the door handles have been (badly) resprayed in silver. Also the mirrors. Im doing a P61W "highlights" project on my 993 at the moment - see my other post on Kerscher speedline rims - and have had some experience with this silver paint. I would say these mirrors and handles have either been repainted or alternatively added. The colour match isnt perfect. It looks like the paint is flat. Its a damn hard colour code to get the code for so that may be the reason....

Cheers
Hi macca,

As Vanhzon said, this silver details are 100% factory. here in Europe they are not rare at all.
I've seen lots in real and the paint is flat silver.

Cheers
Old 12-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Delanobe. not disputing that this combination was a factory offer or that this car came from the factory with this colour - just suggesting that when the scans are enlarged an compared against other on my file the P61W highlights appear over flat and a little cloudy as if they have been poorly re finished or not enough clear coat has been put on them. You are correct the base code is MATT but is shot with a clear laquer over the top so should have some shine. Unfortunately we have found that the silver base needs to be "shot" in one direction as its a grainy metallic and suffers of course from looking cloudy unless laid in one shot ideally with the flip in one direction.

Of course this was only an observation and I could be wrong - it may just be bad light...

I was trying to help the guy who missed out feel less upset with missing this car :-)

Merry Xmas all!
Attached Images   
Old 12-25-2009, 07:15 AM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First time seeing Vesuvius, was like seeing a hot chick with a lazy eye, then I looked again and it was true love.

Quick Reply: Lost auction on gorgeous C2S, any Rennlister snatched it