Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Snow pics from the Blizzard of 2009. East coasters - got snow pics yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts
Default Snow pics from the Blizzard of 2009. East coasters - got snow pics yet?

Major blizzard here in Maryland right now. We're getting like 3" an hour and it's a total whiteout outside. I just shoveled for 90 minutes and then went to go back inside and 4 more inches had fallen.

Had to do it all over again. After visiting my sister in Miami this week, I see why they wanted to get away from the cold weather. I happen to love the snow, I just hate shoveling it all day!

Daily driver sits out in the snow. This is after about 4-5 inches. We're at 12" now...

These pics were taken before the whiteout conditions we're having now as I look outside...

Middle house is us...

Back of house... - zero lot line living!

Me - "C'mon outside!" Them - "Nah, we're doing fine in here"

Whew... glad I have a garage. Every 2 hours I have to clear 3-4 more inches off my BMW

Snug as a bug in a rug

Dry as a bone

The woods in front of our home. Instead of a street, we live on a sidewalk

Later guys and gals. Got snow pics from this east coast storm yet? It's supposed to snow another foot or 18" by dinner. I took this one by holding the camera in front of me. Pretty scary.

Steve R

Last edited by Steve 96C4S; 12-19-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:41 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Wow. Those pics are great!

I guess I shouldn't bother telling you it's about 75 and sunny here in Southern California today
Old 12-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

nothing here yet. My awd MB is ready for this crap if I need to go out, but I think its gonna be a movie night tonight. Thank god I don't have to shovel and my apt complex is good about clearing the snow.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Snug as a bug...
It's nice to roll into the garage after driving home through one of those storms. I quite enjoy driving my Subaru in that stuff, as long as no one gets stuck in front of me.

Great pics, Steve.

Here's a recent one of our back yard:

Old 12-19-2009, 03:20 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 236 Posts

Just got done shovelling 12+ inches driveway.....and it's still cominig down. Heavyer now...
Old 12-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
Just got done shovelling 12+ inches driveway.....and it's still cominig down. Heavyer now...
Heavy is the word, Tony. I can barely see anything out there. Crazy amounts of snow coming down. We decided NOT to go to the Bat Mitzvah we were supposed to go to today. It's our Meteorologist's friend's daughter that they had planned for 2 years to have this day be her special day. Services started at 1030am when 6 inches were on the ground, at least. At 1pm the party was supposed to start when we had 13+ inches on the ground and it was a white-out outside. Needless to say, we decided not to risk it. On TV they said that even AWD vehicles were stuck everywhere on the roads and to NOT go out unless it was an emergency.

When you spend $10k on a Bat Mitzvah party and none of the girls friends could make it but a few brave souls (that will probably be stuck at the hotel till tomorrow at least), it must be pretty sad. I heard her crying in the background that her friends couldn't come, when we called them early this morning to tell them we can't come either.

I'm glad I don't live in the Colorado Mountains with the cars we have now! We'd never get out of the house in the winter. A Porsche Cayenne would have been pretty sweet on a day like today.

Steve R
Old 12-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Rocci
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

42 degrees and sunny here in Colorado. Enjoy the snow.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:48 PM
subdriver
Rennlist Member

Default Photos from Falls Church, VA

Name:  In the backyard.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  76.4 KB

Sure glad I have a snowblower!
Attached Images   
Old 12-19-2009, 04:01 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Heavy is the word, Tony. I can barely see anything out there. Crazy amounts of snow coming down. We decided NOT to go to the Bat Mitzvah we were supposed to go to today. It's our Meteorologist's friend's daughter that they had planned for 2 years to have this day be her special day. Services started at 1030am when 6 inches were on the ground, at least. At 1pm the party was supposed to start when we had 13+ inches on the ground and it was a white-out outside. Needless to say, we decided not to risk it. On TV they said that even AWD vehicles were stuck everywhere on the roads and to NOT go out unless it was an emergency.

When you spend $10k on a Bat Mitzvah party and none of the girls friends could make it but a few brave souls (that will probably be stuck at the hotel till tomorrow at least), it must be pretty sad. I heard her crying in the background that her friends couldn't come, when we called them early this morning to tell them we can't come either.

I'm glad I don't live in the Colorado Mountains with the cars we have now! We'd never get out of the house in the winter. A Porsche Cayenne would have been pretty sweet on a day like today.

Steve R
Sad indeed, I wish them well.
Originally Posted by RPM911S
42 degrees and sunny here in Colorado. Enjoy the snow.
Stop it!

I just saw folks jogging - they're crazy.......

Some pics from a couple hours ago. My freshly shovelled drieway is covered over again.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
Sad indeed, I wish them well.

Stop it!

I just saw folks jogging - they're crazy.......

Some pics from a couple hours ago. My freshly shovelled drieway is covered over again.
Didn't I see you say something like you were looking forward to the snow? I bet you're glad this is happening on a weekend.

Nothing but gray skys and rain here.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:43 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by RPM911S
42 degrees and sunny here in Colorado.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Rocci
Instructor

^ two questions - is that your car and how did that happen? The obvious answer to the 2d question is the windows were left open. Begs the questions - WHY? Was the entire car filled?
Old 12-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

I cant wait to test the new snows on the 325xi...(but I hate the snow) Its on the way here....
Old 12-19-2009, 05:41 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Didn't I see you say something like you were looking forward to the snow? I bet you're glad this is happening on a weekend.

Nothing but gray skys and rain here.
yes, but not this much!

This was a couple weeks ago, a few inches- I like it like that...

Old 12-19-2009, 05:51 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I can confirm that San Diego had a snow accumulation of 0.000 inches today.

I also put the Pcar into winter storage in the garage yesterday....she won't come out until.......January!!!

I was supposed to be headed to NC via Philly today. That flight never even left SD this morning. Luckly, I changed my flights yesterday with a more southern routing for Sunday. In a rare case of sensibility, the airline was offering free changes for re-routing around the storm mess.

Having grown up in the snow I miss it, but I was a kid and didn't have to drive to work. I shoveled plenty of driveways....100'+ long driveway back in CT. That sucked, so I feel for you folks digging out now! However, it is a good chance to work on your skid control and drifting skills...

Quick Reply: Snow pics from the Blizzard of 2009. East coasters - got snow pics yet?